Windows 10: win10 computer periodically running extremely slow or freezing

Discus and support win10 computer periodically running extremely slow or freezing in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, My win10 computer goes long periods semi-frozen. Very slow. Drive light is on near constant. I tried some System Restores: no joy. Out of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ChuckNeuenschwander, Jul 29, 2019.

1. win10 computer periodically running extremely slow or freezing

Hi,

My win10 computer goes long periods semi-frozen. Very slow. Drive light is on near constant. I tried some System Restores: no joy. Out of desperation I did a reset (losing all my installed programs). After the reset I used it for five hours with no problems. I started using Edge, customized it some, added an extension from Norton to examine web sites, downloaded some programs, ran FB and YahooMail, all with no troubles. Then suddenly BOOM semi-, even completely frozen. I finally had to power off. I restarted and it is now operating fine, I am on it now.

If I run Task Manager when the computer is slow, it shows high Disk Usage which is understandable since the drive light is on heavy.

I have no idea if I have a hardware or an OS problem, and don't know how to proceed.

I've been using Windows computers for 30-some years, and would appreciate some help.

:)

ChuckNeuenschwander, Jul 29, 2019
  2. crimson Win User

Help: W10 running extremely slow and/or freezing for 30sec-1min.

win10 computer periodically running extremely slow or freezing [​IMG]

This is the screenshot during freezing.

crimson, Jul 29, 2019
  3. Computer extremely slow after Unexpected_Store_Exception error

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We understand the inconvenience caused and we will try our best to resolve the issue.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

The error Unexpected_Store_Exception, is related to the driver corruption.

As the issue still persists, I suggest you to run System maintenance task and check if it helps.

The Run maintenance task checks issues that might slow down your computer's, such as how many users are currently logged on to the computer and whether multiple programs are running at the same time.

Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + X on the keyboard.

• Select Control Panel.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Click on Run maintenance task under
      System and Security.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jul 29, 2019
  4. Zoe jb Win User

win10 computer periodically running extremely slow or freezing

Computer keeps freezing and running slow.

Original Title: windows 10

My computer keeps freezing and Computer running slow ,how do I fix it please

Zoe jb, Jul 29, 2019
Thema:

win10 computer periodically running extremely slow or freezing

1. win10 computer periodically running extremely slow or freezing - Similar Threads - win10 computer periodically

2. Computer running slow/freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer running slow/freezing: HelloI checked everything task manager, AMD Softwarehardware stats and i dont have anything open and hardware stats are on low% so everything fine cpu not overheating or anything. i have 10gb free on C-Drive idk if thats enough.Now the problem: My computer was running...
  3. Computer running slow/freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer running slow/freezing: HelloI checked everything task manager, AMD Softwarehardware stats and i dont have anything open and hardware stats are on low% so everything fine cpu not overheating or anything. i have 10gb free on C-Drive idk if thats enough.Now the problem: My computer was running...
  4. Computer running slow/freezing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Computer freezing periodically

Computer freezing periodically: System Info:Windows 10 Education 64-bit latest updatesCPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800XRAM: G.Skill Aegis 16GB 2x8GB DDR4-320GPU: MSI RTX 3070 VENTUS 3X 8G OCMotherBoard: MSI MAG X570 TOMAHAWKPower Supply: Corsair RM850 850W 80+ Gold Modular PSUStorage: Samsung SSD 860 M.2 2TBMonitors:...
  6. computer running extremely slow

computer running extremely slow: computer running extremely slow https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-running-extremely-slow/26b8dc66-77ca-43d2-8036-74b46f9e0ec6
  7. laptop running extremely slow

laptop running extremely slow: The current format of Microsoft 10 running on the laptop is so large that it takes up 90% of the available data of the computer and severely slows it down. Is there a smaller laptop version I can run or a deferent operation IOS that would be more suitable for a computer with...
  8. "Not responding"/running extremely slow

"Not responding"/running extremely slow: I have an Asus laptop running on Windows 10. Recently it's been booting up EXTREMELY slow as well as running slow. Also, when I have programs open (doesn't matter which ones) it will come up as "not responding" in the middle of using it. I recently ran sfc/scanned via command...
  9. Computer running slow and freezing up

Computer running slow and freezing up: Hello everyone, I could sure use some help. For the last week my computer has been freezing up. It doesn't matter what site I'm on or whether I'm writing in a document and the system has started running slow when it is working. The mouse won't work and I end up just shutting...
  10. Help: W10 running extremely slow and/or freezing for 30sec-1min.

in Windows 10 Support
    Help: W10 running extremely slow and/or freezing for 30sec-1min.: Hi. I really need help with W10. I have no idea what's causing it to run so slow. I have Bitdefender antivirus. And Zone Alarm firewall. No viruses were found. Everything comes up clean. Windows constantly freezes. Like when I click something, it will freeze for about 30...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 is running slow and freezing up

2. laptop sluggish and freezing upn windows 10 1909

3. windows 10 freezing and running slow

4. windows extremely slow and freezes