Windows 10: Win10 computer suddenly unable to access printer on home wifi

Discus and support Win10 computer suddenly unable to access printer on home wifi in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; A computer that, for as long as we've had it - 2-3 years I think - has printed fine on our shared home printer, now cannot. The computer in question... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by asus2016, Aug 20, 2018.

1. asus2016 Win User

Win10 computer suddenly unable to access printer on home wifi

A computer that, for as long as we've had it - 2-3 years I think - has printed fine on our shared home printer, now cannot.

The computer in question is a Windows 10 computer.

The printer is Canon iP4800, that is USB connected to a Windows 7 computer, but accessed through our home wifi for printing, by every computer in the house.

Printing always worked from the computer in question, but just without warning stopped. Yesterday was the first time I noticed it, but stuff has been printed from it in the past 30 days.

If I turn the printer off and try to print to it from that computer, I get an error message. So the computer "knows" if the printer is available or not.

I have deleted the printer and re-added it. This process "finds" the computer successfully - whether by browsing to it, or by typing in the exact name of the computer, and then the online statuses proceed as expected for adding the printer.

From the Win10 computer, when I view the network, I can "see" the Win7 computer to which the printer is connected. And I can then open the folders on that computer that are shared.

So the network works fine, the printer works fine, the Win10 computer can "find" the printer, and "see" the other computer to which it's connected.

But I can't print from that Win10 computer now, even though I previously could.

What's going wrong?

:)

asus2016, Aug 20, 2018
  2. Scoobydu Win User

homegroup win10 not recognize printer & scanner on win7 computer

Thank you so much for the quick response to my problem.

my devices I am trying to access on the win7 computer are:

Printer: Stylus Photo R200

Scanner: Perfection 4180

I had these originally on my computer B4 win10 install. After the install they did not work. That is why I connected to my other win7 computer. The win7 is within my Homegroup and when I access thru win10 I get access to docs, picts, videos, etc but not
    the above devices. Reversing this, accessing my win10 computer from the win7, I get the icon my Epson Workforce 310 printer which I set up on the win7 computer for printing as well as the above devices.

Went to Epson website on the win7 comp & found the recommended driver for win7. Did the same on the win10 comp to find drivers for win10. (Did not update these drivers yet.) Apparently they have 2 different drivers dependent on WIN version. Both drivers
    are up to date.

Is it possible the drivers are not compatible and this accounts for these devices not showing up on the win10 machine? Don't know if win10 driver will work on win7. I may try to set these up on win10 machine. If work can upgrade win7 to win10.

I tried steps 1 & 2. Step 3, I know I have devices set to show on the network.

Any other suggestions/comments??

Scoobydu, Aug 20, 2018
  3. karyeowl Win User
    Laptops cannot access desktops via WIFI

I have 3 desktops (all on Windows 10 1803) connected on my LAN. After following this forum for some times and did all the steps as suggested by forum member, access denied, all my desktops are able to view and access one another. I have a printer connected to PC1, and managed to connect all the other 2 PCs to have the shared printer.

I also have 2 more laptops (both Asus with the same Windows 10 1803) connected via WIFI. Performed all the same steps as per the desktops, but I was not able to access PC1. I was able to view all the 3 desktops from the file explorer, but I just can't access all the desktops. However, I was able to access the Asus laptops from desktop PC1.

Anyone able to assist on this matter? Any assistance is highly appreciated.

karyeowl, Aug 20, 2018
  4. Win10 computer suddenly unable to access printer on home wifi

Unable to install printer in Win10 due to spooler stopping

Let us resolve your issue in installing your printer. We suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps below:

• Uninstall all your printer software and drivers.
    • Disconnect your printer cables; then, restart your computer.
    • Download and install your printer software and drivers from the manufacturer website.
    • One you're done, connect your printer; then, check if the issue still persists.

Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Michael Gall, Aug 20, 2018
Thema:

Win10 computer suddenly unable to access printer on home wifi

1. Win10 computer suddenly unable to access printer on home wifi - Similar Threads - Win10 computer suddenly

2. unable to access wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to access wifi: since yesterday my laptop is unable to connect to wireless adapter or access point. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-access-wifi/0f042ea0-ce1c-4b0b-9b7d-09285a926d1d
  3. unable to access wifi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to access wifi: since yesterday my laptop is unable to connect to wireless adapter or access point. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-access-wifi/0f042ea0-ce1c-4b0b-9b7d-09285a926d1d
  4. Unable to access shared printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to access shared printer: When i am trying to connect with shared printer keeps getting User ID and password prompt to get connect. I have turned off network discovery password protection. Tried to the partner host administrator password but no luck,...
  5. Unable to access shared printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to access shared printer: When i am trying to connect with shared printer keeps getting User ID and password prompt to get connect. I have turned off network discovery password protection. Tried to the partner host administrator password but no luck,...
  6. Unable to access shared printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Win10 computer suddenly not able to access ONE of the computers on my

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win10 computer suddenly not able to access ONE of the computers on my: As of three weeks ago, my Win10 laptop suddenly thinks it doesn't have permission to access ONE of the other computers on my home network. It had been working until then. [Note: most of this post is copied from the post I made in the Microsoft Community windows forum shortly...
  8. Is this possible? (Access LAN-connected printer from home wifi)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is this possible? (Access LAN-connected printer from home wifi): Settings and versions: Latest version of windows 10 on both computers. "Network discovery" and "file and printer sharing" turned on in both the PC and Laptop "Share printer" turned on in the USB-connected printer settings My specific setup: Internet cable from...
  9. Is this possible? (Access LAN-connected printer from home wifi)

Is this possible? (Access LAN-connected printer from home wifi): Settings and versions: Latest version of windows 10 on both computers. "Network discovery" and "file and printer sharing" turned on in both the PC and Laptop "Share printer" turned on in the USB-connected printer settings My specific setup: Internet cable from...
  10. win10 disables home wifi

win10 disables home wifi: i have 1- desktop- win10 gateway DHCP 2-laptop win10 LAN static IP 3-laptop WIN8 wifi 4- 2 phones and a tablet WIFI 5- broadcom, LAN and WIFI router 6- samsung TV- LAN static IP model LA40D55 connected by HDMI to win10 laptop(2) every time the win10 laptop(2) is on...