Windows 10: Win10 Context "New"

Discus and support Win10 Context "New" in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi Spent most part of this afternoon trying to find out how to add Notepad++ to right click then New the menu gives .zip .rar word, shortcut Ive found... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Smokes68, Jan 7, 2017.

1. Smokes68 Win User

Win10 Context "New"

Hi
    Spent most part of this afternoon trying to find out how to add Notepad++ to right click then New the menu gives .zip .rar word, shortcut Ive found plenty info on how to remove things from here. I dont mean right click then have this in the list, I mean right click and new, hope this make sense?

Thanks

:)

Smokes68, Jan 7, 2017
  2. musum Win User

" SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

SO HERE'S THE LINK TO THAT PIC

http://i26.tinypic.com/2ihbdco.jpg

CAN U PLZ CHECK IT ACTUALLY I HAVE USED THE NOKIA SOFTWARE UPDATER B4 ... BUT I DONT KNW WHY I M GETTING THIS ERROR NOW

musum, Jan 7, 2017
  3. musum Win User
    " SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

i have installed windows xp sp2

previously i was using windows media center i thought i might b facing this probs due to that but then i changed it to windows xp ! n moreover i have also shown to nokia service center executives but they were not having the latest updates available ......
    my pc suite is showing that new update version of firmware is available but i cudnt download it Win10 Context "New" :(

oh gawd wat to do ? Win10 Context "New" :(

i tried in another pc then again i got an error u need to have minimum 256 ram Win10 Context "New" :(

please cant it b rectified ? there must b any solution to this probs please help me guyz

god bless all of u thanx Win10 Context "New" :)

musum, Jan 7, 2017
  4. Berton Win User

Win10 Context "New"

I'd look at, after installing Notepad++, going to Control Panel, Default Programs and change the setting for .txt from Notepad to Notepad++. When right-clicking and choosing New, Text document it will put an icon on the desktop, double-click to use.

Berton, Jan 7, 2017
  5. Smokes68 Win User
    Thanks Berton I will check this out.

Smokes68, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Win10 Context "New"

1. Win10 Context "New" - Similar Threads - Win10 Context

2. How can I enable context menu with the win10 style in windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I enable context menu with the win10 style in windows 11?: How can I enable context menu with the win10 style in windows 11?It is very inconvenient to click one more option, "Show more options", when I need to access functions listed in the old context menu.It lowers my working efficiency quite much....
  3. How can I enable context menu with the win10 style in windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I enable context menu with the win10 style in windows 11?: How can I enable context menu with the win10 style in windows 11?It is very inconvenient to click one more option, "Show more options", when I need to access functions listed in the old context menu.It lowers my working efficiency quite much....
  4. Task bar right click context menu not working properly in win10 update v2004

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task bar right click context menu not working properly in win10 update v2004: I recently installed the April 2020 version 2004 update to win10 and now I have taskbar issues. Right clicking the folder icon used to allow me to quickly open my documents or downloads folder, now it does nothing regardless of which option I choose. Also, my quick launch...
  5. Changing Context Menu and Taskbar font in Win10 1909?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing Context Menu and Taskbar font in Win10 1909?: This has confused me. For a while I had every font changed within Windows, but the 1909 update reverted the Context Menu and Taskbar to the default Segoe. All other fonts can be changed except these. Even using WinAero Tweaker and registry edits it has no effect. I have...
  6. Win10 1909 Pro Context menu programs not showing with UAC disabled and using Admin account

Win10 1909 Pro Context menu programs not showing with UAC disabled and using Admin account: I have a program installed that will not show in the context menu right click while using an admin account and with UAC disabled. If i enable UAC then it shows fine and this issue has been around since Win7 so why no fix to this date? Why is UAC controlling what can or...
  7. New Win10 install: Right Click context menu missing ALL options in Protected Folders.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New Win10 install: Right Click context menu missing ALL options in Protected Folders.: This might be a normal thing having tested it on a second computer, but is there any way to restore the usual "New Text File" and similar options to folders under Program Files, Windows, etc? All I get is "New Folder" as seen here whereas regular folders look like this. Is...
  8. How to remove 'Open MS-DOS prompt' from folder Context Menu in Win10 ?

How to remove 'Open MS-DOS prompt' from folder Context Menu in Win10 ?: You'll see "Mark Unsolved" instead when the thread is currently marked as solved. You'll also see a green check mark to the right of thread title to indicate it is marked solved.
  9. Word and Powerpoint missing in New Context Menu Win10

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Word and Powerpoint missing in New Context Menu Win10: Hi, I'm new in this forum and seeking for some help (before doing something wrong) I am running Windows 10 Home and tryning to add to the context menu: Powerpoint and Word, which are not available (have installed MSOffice 2013). Read somewhere that need to adjust regedit...
  10. Dec 2016 Win10 updates cause lag and missing, empty context menus

in Windows 10 Support
    Dec 2016 Win10 updates cause lag and missing, empty context menus: Hi Thanks everyone for the ad. I have a previously stable quad core Asus MB PC which since the most recent Aniversary updates has become almost unusable. Right click menus only display the shadow line and are otherwise invisible. Moving the mouse over them leaves a pointer...