Windows 10: Win10 copying

Discus and support Win10 copying in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; when I went to bed, the copy was 0%. When I got up, it was not there. The browser windows were also not there. I tried to look thru "computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mazarick, May 27, 2020.

1. mazarick Win User

Win10 copying

when I went to bed, the copy was 0%. When I got up, it was not there. The browser windows were also not there. I tried to look thru "computer management" > task viewer, but could not see anything related to copying. I am running Win10 ver 1909.

- - - Updated - - -

The copy was/is a c:\Users directory, which seemed to take up most of the partition. I had used the info from this forum to get an original image mounted as a virtual image thru disk management.

:)

mazarick, May 27, 2020
  2. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, May 28, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    how do I copy and paste

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• What is the exact issue that you’re facing?

• Are you not able to copy or paste the files?

• What exactly happens when you try to copy the files?

• Are you getting any error message?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

• To copy
      Ctrl + C
    • To Paste ctrl + V
    And also refer the link below and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/keyboard-shortcuts

Reply with necessary information so that we can assist you better.

Thanks and Regards

Arun B J, May 28, 2020
  4. Gusgf Win User

Win10 copying

Issues with Win10 Media Creation Tool

Got it working in the end, not sure what happened but now have bootable usb with Win10 on it.

Gusgf, May 28, 2020
Thema:

Win10 copying

1. Win10 copying - Similar Threads - Win10 copying

2. Can I save my copy of Win10?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can I save my copy of Win10?: I want to convert my HDD to a backup drive and need to format it to remove many unwanted files/folders. Can I save my Win10 somehow to use it in the future?TIA https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-save-my-copy-of-win10/2c8ccf0a-8c59-4c73-bd7d-4c9a169f2394
  3. Can I save my copy of Win10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I save my copy of Win10?: I want to convert my HDD to a backup drive and need to format it to remove many unwanted files/folders. Can I save my Win10 somehow to use it in the future?TIA https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-save-my-copy-of-win10/2c8ccf0a-8c59-4c73-bd7d-4c9a169f2394
  4. Can I save my copy of Win10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I copied Apha Centauri from Win10 to Win 11. It works, if I run terran.exe as administrator...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I copied Apha Centauri from Win10 to Win 11. It works, if I run terran.exe as administrator...: I tried to copy the terran.exe as an icon but I could not find a way to make it work as administrator i.e. wo write the data into "sav" files. Both SMACK and SMACKX are Syd Meyer programs depending on player turns which are automatically saved on the hard drive if they have...
  6. I copied Apha Centauri from Win10 to Win 11. It works, if I run terran.exe as administrator...

I copied Apha Centauri from Win10 to Win 11. It works, if I run terran.exe as administrator...: I tried to copy the terran.exe as an icon but I could not find a way to make it work as administrator i.e. wo write the data into "sav" files. Both SMACK and SMACKX are Syd Meyer programs depending on player turns which are automatically saved on the hard drive if they have...
  7. My copy of Windows7 is not genuine. When I'd tried to install Win10 that I'd bayed next...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My copy of Windows7 is not genuine. When I'd tried to install Win10 that I'd bayed next...: My copy of Windows7 is not genuine. When I'd tried to install Win10 that I'd bayed next year, the system reports the installing isn't possible. What can I du to correct the situation?...
  8. My copy of Windows7 is not genuine. When I'd tried to install Win10 that I'd bayed next...

My copy of Windows7 is not genuine. When I'd tried to install Win10 that I'd bayed next...: My copy of Windows7 is not genuine. When I'd tried to install Win10 that I'd bayed next year, the system reports the installing isn't possible. What can I du to correct the situation?...
  9. Trying to copy music and videos from win10 pro to an Amazon fire HD 10 table SD card, it...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Trying to copy music and videos from win10 pro to an Amazon fire HD 10 table SD card, it...: Trying to copy music and videos from win10 pro to an Amazon Fire HD 10 table SD card, fails 95% of the time. The source is either folders or files, the SD card is a SanDisk 512 GB with almost 500 GB free.After the PC is booted, I go to the tablet and change the USB connection...
  10. Trying to copy music and videos from win10 pro to an Amazon fire HD 10 table SD card, it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to copy music and videos from win10 pro to an Amazon fire HD 10 table SD card, it...: Trying to copy music and videos from win10 pro to an Amazon Fire HD 10 table SD card, fails 95% of the time. The source is either folders or files, the SD card is a SanDisk 512 GB with almost 500 GB free.After the PC is booted, I go to the tablet and change the USB connection...