Windows 10: Win10 corrupts USB drive

Discus and support Win10 corrupts USB drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I have a computer to which I am transferring data via thumb drive, And up till last week everything was working fine. But now it randomly throws and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Theschrocketeer, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Win10 corrupts USB drive

So I have a computer to which I am transferring data via thumb drive, And up till last week everything was working fine. But now it randomly throws and an I/O device error and says that the drive is unreadable. If I elect it and try again or restart the computer (since that is supposed to fix a lot of things) then it tells me that it needs to be formatted. If I look at it in disk management, it shows up as being formatted as RAW.

Somewhere I read that disabling fast start should help with this kind of thing, but I really need something that we’ll definitely work, because part of my job involves this data transfer.

:)

Theschrocketeer, Jan 14, 2020

2. USB Drive corruption

Having issue with WIN10 and 2.0 USB hard drives connected through BlacX dual dock station. Have reformatted the main problem drive which worked for a couple of days but still having random corruption problems and can not determine the pattern that is
    causing the issue. Anyone else having these types of problems?

CN Williams, Jan 14, 2020
  3. Lazzer408 Win User
    help. USB drive isn't assigned a drive letter.

Any usb flash drive I plug into my computer isn't assigned a drive letter. The physical drive shows in the "safely remove hardware" but it doesnt show up in disk management. I have tried to populate the volume thru the safely remove hardware properties window and it does pop up in the list but it doesn't stay there. This isn't a format or assign a letter problem. It's more complicated then that. Maybe one of the services needed for usb drive management was disabled? Suggestions needed. btw external usb harddrives work fine.

Lazzer408, Jan 14, 2020
  4. Win10 corrupts USB drive

Unable to use System restore from a windows 10 image on Windows 7 with error: "windows cannot find a system image-the usb drive is not visible"

Hi Otley,

Thanks for replying to us with the status of your issue.

As you mentioned, when you connect the USB flash drive in to the system then the System image backup is not present. It might occur if the System image files is not created properly or may be it got corrupted.

As an initial steps I suggest you to check for the memory space in the USB flash driver.

If the Memory is occupied in the USB flash drive the I suggest you to try running check disk on USB flash drive and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps to perform Check Disk.

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.

• Select Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type the below commands.

Chkdsk [drive letter]: /f /r

Reply to us with the status of your issue, we will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jan 14, 2020
Thema:

Win10 corrupts USB drive

1. Win10 corrupts USB drive - Similar Threads - Win10 corrupts USB

2. Corrupted usb drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corrupted usb drive: I have a usb drive that I am not able to recover any photos on. I have tried everything that I have seen online to fix it. The photos come up with different colors over them, I can see small images but when. I save or open the photo it comes up blank or with different colors...
  3. Corrupted usb drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Corrupted usb drive: I have a usb drive that I am not able to recover any photos on. I have tried everything that I have seen online to fix it. The photos come up with different colors over them, I can see small images but when. I save or open the photo it comes up blank or with different colors...
  4. Corrupted USB drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corrupted USB drive: Trying to recover files from what appears to be a corrupted USB drive. You can read the drive and it scans as clean. File and folder names have been changed to strange characters. I believe someone took the drive home from work and put in there own computer and perhaps...
  5. Corrupted USB drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Corrupted USB drive: Trying to recover files from what appears to be a corrupted USB drive. You can read the drive and it scans as clean. File and folder names have been changed to strange characters. I believe someone took the drive home from work and put in there own computer and perhaps...
  6. Corrupted USB Drive in exFat format

in Windows 10 Customization
    Corrupted USB Drive in exFat format: I was doing a backup of some files from my laptop to my 1TB USB Drive in exFat format.During the file transfer, the progress suddenly stopped and I got the message "The Semaphore Timeout Period Has Expired". The file explorer freezed and I was forced the end the process. Then...
  7. Corrupted USB Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Corrupted USB Drive: I have tried everything and my usb drive still will not show up. I tried command prompt, disk management, device manager, disk drill and recoverit still not showing up. Is the flash drive gone for good?...
  8. USB drive not accessible in Win10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB drive not accessible in Win10: I have several drives that I use for backups. I am finding that when I unplug and replug them that I get a dialog the they are not accessible, access denied. I do use the hardware eject to remove them safely. When they are plugged in, they come up with the previously assigned...
  9. Win10 with 1 TB+ USB Drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win10 with 1 TB+ USB Drives: I have two different 2.5 SATA drive USB cables I've been using for a long time. When I have a 1 TB drive on these cables they are not working in win10. I can create a new volume, assign a drive letter, disk management shows it as online. Formatting fails either in a command...
  10. Bitlocker encrypted corrupt usb drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bitlocker encrypted corrupt usb drive.: I have a seagate usb 3 external hard drive. it has been bitlocker encrypted. It has also been damaged in some way. When I boot my machine with legacy setup in the bios most usb drives show up (flash drive and another external usb 3 drive). The problem drive is not showing...