Windows 10: win10 cosmetic problems

Discus and support win10 cosmetic problems in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello! I just bought a brand new laptop and installed win10. I had problems with updating but i fixed them. Now im using the latest update. There are 2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Awerw, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Awerw Win User

win10 cosmetic problems

Hello! I just bought a brand new laptop and installed win10. I had problems with updating but i fixed them. Now im using the latest update. There are 2 small problems which are annoying for me:

1. When i enter display settings by right clicking on desktop sometimes but not always the whole screen freezes for 1 second and then display settings opens. I have noticed that it happens more often when the laptop is on battery but cant be sure about that.

2. When im playing my favorite video game, the frames drop from 100 to 20-30 for 3 seconds and then go back to 100.

On my old laptop with win8.1 i never had these problems.
    The problems are cosmetic for me because they dont interrupt that much my work with the laptop but im asking if anybody knows any fix for these small issues.

:)

Awerw, Jan 11, 2019
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Jan 11, 2019
  3. user33331 Win User
    Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Jan 11, 2019
  4. Gusgf Win User

win10 cosmetic problems

Issues with Win10 Media Creation Tool

Got it working in the end, not sure what happened but now have bootable usb with Win10 on it.

Gusgf, Jan 11, 2019
Thema:

win10 cosmetic problems

1. win10 cosmetic problems - Similar Threads - win10 cosmetic problems

2. win10 update problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    win10 update problems: Latest update resulted in loss of optical drive/dvd , but it does show in device manager under Hidden Items. And, Epson WF-4630 malfunction . Downloading new driver from US site helped but now cannot print in A5....
  3. BSOD Problems with Win10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Problems with Win10: Hello, I've Updated on Windows 10 a few Weeks ago (had Windows 8 before). Since i updated, i get multiple BSOD's when Starting up, i usually have to start my PC 4-5 Times before i can even Log in. When i can Log in however, Windows randomly gets BSOD's again wiuthout any...
  4. win10 64bit problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    win10 64bit problems: 1. can't open bios, 2. when I click help it takes me to windows 7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10-64bit-problems/0c6120c9-1a55-404c-9437-f7d5f02bda34
  5. Win10 Updates Problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 Updates Problems: The 1803 update wiped out several programs on my HP laptop---lost saved emails--and downloads Further updates on my Acer desktop wiped out my desktop- Additional updates move programs off the desktop and deletes others All changes require several hours to reset to a...
  6. Win10 keyboard problem computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win10 keyboard problem computer: How do i get my computer to stop typing the - symbol when i try and use the Slash? The ? is now the dash + shift... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/win10-keyboard-problem-computer/8a64e62f-4e7e-494b-918f-d24f9208392c
  7. Problem with main functions of win10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problem with main functions of win10: I have an issue with my win10. Start Menu, Settings window, notifications stopped working. At all. I can't open anything of it. When I press "Start" button - happens nothing. When I press Win+I - happens nothing. Even when I'm trying to open settings with command...
  8. Win10 Update Problems

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win10 Update Problems: Machine is an Asus ROG GL552vw that came with Win 10 Home. I've had it about 1 1/2 years. Every significant Win 10 update has broken something on the machine, usually its ability to shut down or sleep/hibernate properly. This appears to be related to Microsoft updating...
  9. Win10 Boot Up Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 Boot Up Problem: Hi All I have a problem when booting up PC screen comes up with time and date. it asks me to enter Pin or Password I set a pin when installing the problem is the keyboard isn't operational to enter either. I did notice after a while a clock like symbol bottom right clicked...
  10. Win10 problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 problem: Hello! I have a problem with Windows 10 on my laptop. I had Windows 8.1 then i upgraded to Win10. Sometimes after upgrade (3-4 times a month) computer lost sound, started to work really really slow and i couldnt open anything in task bar, if i was playing a game i got fps...