Windows 10: win10 cosmetic problems

Discus and support win10 cosmetic problems in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello! I just bought a brand new laptop and installed win10. I had problems with updating but i fixed them. Now im using the latest update. There are 2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Awerw, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Awerw Win User

win10 cosmetic problems

Hello! I just bought a brand new laptop and installed win10. I had problems with updating but i fixed them. Now im using the latest update. There are 2 small problems which are annoying for me:

1. When i enter display settings by right clicking on desktop sometimes but not always the whole screen freezes for 1 second and then display settings opens. I have noticed that it happens more often when the laptop is on battery but cant be sure about that.

2. When im playing my favorite video game, the frames drop from 100 to 20-30 for 3 seconds and then go back to 100.

On my old laptop with win8.1 i never had these problems.
    The problems are cosmetic for me because they dont interrupt that much my work with the laptop but im asking if anybody knows any fix for these small issues.

:)

Awerw, Jan 11, 2019
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Jan 11, 2019
  3. user33331 Win User
    Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Jan 11, 2019
  4. Gusgf Win User

win10 cosmetic problems

Issues with Win10 Media Creation Tool

Got it working in the end, not sure what happened but now have bootable usb with Win10 on it.

Gusgf, Jan 11, 2019
Thema:

win10 cosmetic problems

1. win10 cosmetic problems - Similar Threads - win10 cosmetic problems

2. Desktop apps to see computer usage for cosmetics purpose

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop apps to see computer usage for cosmetics purpose: Any apps that can make my desktop look better that displays pc resources live submitted by /u/Summerstone [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/13rd0i8/desktop_apps_to_see_computer_usage_for_cosmetics/
  3. Boot problems for win10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Boot problems for win10: Hi. I have the error 0×c0000225.I tried to install ubuntu because win10 become to heavy because is an old laptop.Ubuntu is not install properly but was an error so now i have an error in boot.With "chkdsk c: /f /r" the file system is fat32 and volume ubuntu 20_0 wS...
  4. Was the OS change cosmetic?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Was the OS change cosmetic?: All OS changes appear cosmetic: a different look and different locations for OS functions. I don't use the OS except to run applications. I don't care about the operating system, whether it is 10 or 11 etc.. I don't see speed differences, or a visible benefit. Again, I run...
  5. Was the OS change cosmetic?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Was the OS change cosmetic?: All OS changes appear cosmetic: a different look and different locations for OS functions. I don't use the OS except to run applications. I don't care about the operating system, whether it is 10 or 11 etc.. I don't see speed differences, or a visible benefit. Again, I run...
  6. Minecraft bedrock cosmetic issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft bedrock cosmetic issues: After updating to 1.16.0, a lot of the text on elements of the UI dissappeared. This was fixed by uninstalling and reinstalling. Then another issue cropped up and no amount of reinstalling or resetting the app has helped. Now some features of the cosmetic Character Creator...
  7. Very strange cosmetic issue dealing with the desktop and taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Very strange cosmetic issue dealing with the desktop and taskbar: Recently I've noticed that my taskbar and desktop have been having some issues when I minimize a program or change to another program, sometimes the desktop icons will flicker and sometimes the gray box on the icons on the taskbar will stay as they are. These problems go away...
  8. win10 search problem

in Cortana
    win10 search problem: When I try to search, I click the search bar and the cusor appears for a second or two and then disappears. Making it impossible enter a search request. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10-search-problem/25c595a1-832f-43b8-b979-c77f7c277f8e"
  9. How to clean dirty laptop physically/cosmetically?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to clean dirty laptop physically/cosmetically?: Have a dell xps 15 9550 laptop bought years ago. It works fine. The exterior of it is a bit dirty but because its silver, it looks good. Now when you open the laptop and look at the touchpad and the areas around the keyboard etc, there is like dirty fingerprints around that...
  10. Win10 problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 problem: Hello! I have a problem with Windows 10 on my laptop. I had Windows 8.1 then i upgraded to Win10. Sometimes after upgrade (3-4 times a month) computer lost sound, started to work really really slow and i couldnt open anything in task bar, if i was playing a game i got fps...