Windows 10: Win10 crash; Reboot shows a WinXP screen faintly (background), then flashes off.

Discus and support Win10 crash; Reboot shows a WinXP screen faintly (background), then flashes off. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I'm troubleshooting another Win10 PC, which no longer boots completely through to Win10. Upon system startup, BIOS is fine, boots to the Win10, but... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Cvengr, Feb 9, 2019.

1. Cvengr Win User

Win10 crash; Reboot shows a WinXP screen faintly (background), then flashes off.

I'm troubleshooting another Win10 PC, which no longer boots completely through to Win10.

Upon system startup, BIOS is fine, boots to the Win10, but never displays anything except a half lit background of an older WinXP startup screen, maybe 20% visible and darkened 80%, on for a split second, then flashes to a blue screen, maybe a quarter second, then to the OS black and white monochrome, system failure, asks to start up in Safe mode, Last known mode etc, (5 options) with 30 second countdown to reboot.) Then repeats this process infinitum.

I was able to take a photo of the monitor screen of the blue screen of death, it reads as follows:

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage

to your computer.

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen,

restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow

these steps:

The BIOS in this system is not fully ACPI compliant. Please contact your

system vendor or visit http://www.hardware-update.com for an updated BIOS.

If you are unable to obtain an updated BIOS or the latest BIOS supplied by

your vendor is not ACPI compliant, you can turn off ACPI mode during text

mode setup. To do this, simply press the F7 key when you are prompted to

install storage drivers. The system will not notify you that the F7 key

was pressed - it will silently disable ACPI and allow you to continue

your installation.

Technical information:

*** STOP: 0x000000A5 (0x00000003, 0x8A937ED04, 0xC0 "

(fades out, appears this is where I can take the photo, perhaps more, but hard to grasp or capture.)

So when I see the reference to a website, and the language used, I'm tempted to think this is a SCAM or malware of some sort.

Any recommendations or is this just a hard drive failure?

:)

Cvengr, Feb 9, 2019
  2. Juzar_Ali Win User

Theme Background pictures not showing on logon

Hi,

To get better clarity on the issue please do let us know if you are referring to Lock Screen background pictures.

If yes, I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + I key on the keyboard.
    • Go to Personalization.
    • Click on Lock screen and chose the desired picture.

Hope this helps. Please get back to us if you need any other assistance.

Thank you.

Juzar_Ali, Feb 9, 2019
  3. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Feb 9, 2019
  4. Win10 crash; Reboot shows a WinXP screen faintly (background), then flashes off.

Black Lock screen BACKGROUND

Hi Bill,

Let us know the make and model of your computer.

Let us try few of the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Try to set the lock screen background to picture and check if the issue persists.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Step 3: Update the Display Adapter drivers.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right click on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update Driver Software
    • Restart the computer.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of accessing the lock screen background for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 9, 2019
Thema:

Win10 crash; Reboot shows a WinXP screen faintly (background), then flashes off.

1. Win10 crash; Reboot shows a WinXP screen faintly (background), then flashes off. - Similar Threads - Win10 crash Reboot

2. EMU APS to work with WinXP or Win7 or Win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    EMU APS to work with WinXP or Win7 or Win10: Are there any drivers and instructions on how to make EMU APS sound card, work with Windows XP ?If support for WinXP ended i can work with Win7 or Win10.Thanks...
  3. EMU APS to work with WinXP or Win7 or Win10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    EMU APS to work with WinXP or Win7 or Win10: Are there any drivers and instructions on how to make EMU APS sound card, work with Windows XP ?If support for WinXP ended i can work with Win7 or Win10.Thanks...
  4. Taskbar not showing and screen flashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar not showing and screen flashing: I'm a part of the Windows Insider programme and recently decided to stop receiving beta software updates until the next major update is released. I'm currently on Windows 11 Home, build 22593.ni_release.220402-1100.My issue is when I booted into Windows today 07/04/22, my...
  5. Taskbar not showing and screen flashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar not showing and screen flashing: I'm a part of the Windows Insider programme and recently decided to stop receiving beta software updates until the next major update is released. I'm currently on Windows 11 Home, build 22593.ni_release.220402-1100.My issue is when I booted into Windows today 07/04/22, my...
  6. Flashing background and toolbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Flashing background and toolbar: I have a Windows 10 PC and I started having problems with it a few days ago: whenever I log in on any of the accounts, the toolbar/taskbar keeps flashing with no icons and so does the background, which flashes white and then back to normal. I've tried resetting,...
  7. Transfer from WinXP to Win10.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transfer from WinXP to Win10.: What system or program is recommended for videos transfer from XP to 10. I used to use Tornado transfer and then Roxio to open but now it doesn't work anymore. Got transfer all right but Win10 won't accept the file....
  8. flashing screen when turned off

flashing screen when turned off: I have a brand new HP computer with Microsoft 10 as its OS. When I tried shutting my computer down the screen went black and is now randomly flashing quickly. I can't turn it on at all and it is continuing to flash a white screen in quick blips. Is it toast?...
  9. Install Win10 on an old WinXP / Linux Box

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Install Win10 on an old WinXP / Linux Box: I have an old PC that was licensed for WinXP. About a year ago I threw Linux on it, but my needs have changed. Can someone please tell me, if I installed Win10 on it, can I use the XP license code? If not, can I install XP with the code, then perform the free update to...
  10. no background Win10

no background Win10: Ever since 1903 I have no background (picture or theme) in tablet mode. I have gone through all the switches in color, background etc. Nothing changes. The tiles are fine. When I toggle off tablet to the old desktop everything looks fine....