Windows 10: Win10 crashed, lost tons of notes in open Wordpad windows

Discus and support Win10 crashed, lost tons of notes in open Wordpad windows in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I had a whole bunch of Wordpad windows open with tons of REALLY important notes and reminders, which I DESPERATELY need to get back. None of it was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Dimitri, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Dimitri Win User

Win10 crashed, lost tons of notes in open Wordpad windows

I had a whole bunch of Wordpad windows open with tons of REALLY important notes and reminders, which I DESPERATELY need to get back.

None of it was saved, it was just sitting there. Is there ANY way I can have ANY hope of getting that stuff back?

Dimitri, Mar 14, 2019
  2. Xylee Del Win User

sticky notes

Thank you for getting back to us. To recover Sticky Notes backup from plum.sqlite, kindly try the steps below:

• Find and open plum.sqlite file with Notepad, Microsoft Word or Wordpad.
    • View and find the lost notes in the plum.sqlite file, copy the exact notes that you lost and and paste to a new Sticky Notes so to recover it.

Kindly get back to us and let know the results.

Xylee Del, Mar 14, 2019
  3. wordpad notepad

hi

I went to use WordPad today but am unable to find it in apps. Scrolling down the list it doesn't list notepad or WordPad as an app. I tried to ask Cortana to open it by saying "open WordPad" all I get as a response is her say open what app. looking at the
    speechbox it seems to recognise what I am saying I couldn't get her to open any apps try calculator as well . She did suggest sites on how to open WordPad. In the end I went through file explorer and found a shortcut to WordPad but why isn't it listed as an
    app ?

Derek Hudson, Mar 14, 2019
  4. Win10 crashed, lost tons of notes in open Wordpad windows

Wordpad

Hello Tatic,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please provide some additional information, so that we can assist you better.

What exactly you mean when you say ‘deleted’, are you referring to the application which was showing in the Start menu or the application was uninstalled from your computer?

WordPad is a basic word processor that is included with almost all the versions of Microsoft Windows.

I would suggest you to follow below mentioned steps.

1. Click on Start menu and type ‘WordPad' in the taskbar search and click on the result. This will open WordPad.
    2. If you’re not able to open WordPad, Press
      Windows + R and type ‘Write’ and hit enter.
    3. You will WordPad application launching on the
      screen.
    4. Navigate to C:\windows\system32\ and look for a ‘write’ (File).
    5. You will see the application now.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes or No’.

Harish

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Harish_kum, Mar 14, 2019
Thema:

Win10 crashed, lost tons of notes in open Wordpad windows

1. Win10 crashed, lost tons of notes in open Wordpad windows - Similar Threads - Win10 crashed lost

2. Wordpad lost half of content

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wordpad lost half of content: Hi! I need help. A document I've been writting for some years now suddenly lost half of its content randomly, and also all the photos from the work were erased from it. It's a RTF file. I noticed it seem to have some kind of connection to me adding pictures to it, since this...
  3. Wordpad lost half of content

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wordpad lost half of content: Hi! I need help. A document I've been writting for some years now suddenly lost half of its content randomly, and also all the photos from the work were erased from it. It's a RTF file. I noticed it seem to have some kind of connection to me adding pictures to it, since this...
  4. Wordpad lost half of content

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows crash with tons of different codes.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows crash with tons of different codes.: This is the 2nd time this has started to happen. Im not sure what the issue is this time but here's the dmp file: https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=9F49FE13C75A0941&id=9F49FE13C75A0941%21262&parId=root&o=OneUp...
  6. Windows crash with tons of different codes.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows crash with tons of different codes.: This is the 2nd time this has started to happen. Im not sure what the issue is this time but here's the dmp file: https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=9F49FE13C75A0941&id=9F49FE13C75A0941%21262&parId=root&o=OneUp...
  7. Lost NotePad and WordPad

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost NotePad and WordPad: NotePad and WordPad have disappeared from my Windows 10. Hot can I recover them? I tried to add them from the store and I get this error 0x80070002. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-notepad-and-wordpad/5d960806-311f-41a2-9b1e-93e1faa5e494
  8. Wordpad document lost not saved.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wordpad document lost not saved.: I was working on a project on Microsoft WordPad. At no point did I save this project. My computer crashed due to problems with the battery and then Windows 10 updated. This closed my WordPad document and I cant recover the file. I've tried searching for the .tmp but it's all...
  9. wordpad crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    wordpad crash: wordpad crash on startup I fixed this by using control panel to change my default printer to Microsoft Print to PDF, the printer that caused the crash was a domain printer. also it would be nice if the login screen was ready when the windows start chime has played....
  10. lost notes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    lost notes: I was working on OneNote yesterday and accidentally deleted an important page of notes. This page of notes was rather important to me, and I would like to recover it, yet I can find no record of it in my recycle bin and cannot seem to find any other copy of it on my computer....