Windows 10: Win10 Cumulative update 1-23-18 killed my Logitech wired mouse

Discus and support Win10 Cumulative update 1-23-18 killed my Logitech wired mouse in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; On 1/23/19 I updated my (clean, fast) Win10 64 bit desktop to Version 1809 + KB4481031 kb4480979 kb4480056 kb4462930 and my Logitech RX1000 wired mouse... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BearPaw33, Jan 24, 2019.

1. BearPaw33 Win User

Win10 Cumulative update 1-23-18 killed my Logitech wired mouse

On 1/23/19 I updated my (clean, fast) Win10 64 bit desktop to
    Version 1809 +
    KB4481031
    kb4480979
    kb4480056
    kb4462930
    and my Logitech RX1000 wired mouse died. I'm surviving using
    my spare wireless mouse, but I want my wired mouse back.
    I've Uninstalled + reinstalled my MS HID compliant mouse driver 10.0.177.63.1
    I've tried 'updating' drivers.... nothing found.
    I've downloaded & reinstalled Logitech SetPoint6.69.114_64.exe driver.
    I've pulled off and re-inserted every USB thing on my computer.
    I've done diagnostics, but the ONLY tool I have is wireless... can't diagnose wired.
    I've re-run Win10 update.
    I've tried SYSTEM RESTORE (windows says it's not complete)
    I've UNDID System Restore (windows stlll says not complete)
    Doing Device Manager: on 'other devices' I see a yellow error marker for:
    ASMedia USB3.1 eXtensible Host Controller ... but can't "update" it.
    I've Uninstalled the ASMedia thing, rebooted, and it comes back.
    I think Microsoft has (once again) crippled my Dell desktop.
    My Lenovo laptop, thas has no mouse, only touchpad, is OK.
    I have ZILLIONS of programs & files installed on the desktop.
    Please don't tell me to reinstall windows.
    Please tell me how to make the mouse work.
    Thank you

:)

BearPaw33, Jan 24, 2019
  2. BearPaw33 Win User

Mouse not working after Windows update.

On 1/23/19 I updated my (clean, fast) Win10 64 bit desktop to

Version 1809 +

KB4481031

kb4480979

kb4480056

kb4462930
    and my Logitech RX1000 wired mouse died. I'm surviving using

my spare wireless mouse, but I want my wired mouse back.

I've Uninstalled + reinstalled my MS HID compliant mouse driver 10.0.177.63.1

I've tried 'updating' drivers.... nothing found.

I've downloaded & reinstalled Logitech SetPoint6.69.114_64.exe driver.

I've pulled off and re-inserted every USB thing on my computer.

I've done diagnostics, but the ONLY tool I have is wireless... can't diagnose wired.

I've re-run Win10 update.

I've tried SYSTEM RESTORE (windows says it's not complete)

I've UNDID System Restore (windows stlll says not complete)

Doing Device Manager: on 'other devices' I see a yellow error marker for:

ASMedia USB3.1 eXtensible Host Controller ... but can't "update" it.

I've Uninstalled the ASMedia thing, rebooted, and it comes back.
    I think Microsoft has (once again) crippled my Dell desktop.

My Lenovo laptop, thas has no mouse, only touchpad, is OK.

I have ZILLIONS of programs & files installed on the desktop.

Please don't tell me to reinstall windows.

Please tell me how to make the mouse work.
    Thank you

***Title modified from: Win10 Cumulative update 1-23-18 killed my Logitech wired mouse***

BearPaw33, Dec 16, 2019
  3. toddmo Win User
    Logitech wireless keyboard / mouse hangs

Problems

• Intermittent nature
    • The mouse will often hang (won't move)
    • The keyboard will often not type
    • Sometimes, the keys get saved up and come out later all at once, and sometimes they never come out
    • The mouse seems to have difficulty traveling to the top left of the screen.

Equipment

• Dell Precision M3800 Laptop
    • Windows 10 Professional operating system
    • Logitech wireless keyboard (K270)
    • Logitech wireless mouse (M185). They came in the same box / use the same dongle.
    • "Plugable USB 3.0" docking station that runs the DisplayLink software. It has two monitors attached to it, one by DVI and the other by HDMI. It's plugged into the laptop by USB.

Troubleshooting Steps Taken

• Wired keyboard and wired mouse work great.
    • When wireless was plugged in, it was in a USB port on the laptop itself, not the docking station
    • I rerouted the monitors to plug directly into the laptop (take this docking station out of the equation). So far the wireless keyboard/mouse are not malfunctioning. This seems to indicate that the docking station is a necessary component to reproduce the problem). But I have to give it 1-2 days to make sure because the problem is intermittent.

Question

What would be a good first choice for a fix I can try that won't hurt anything (update a driver...where?)?

toddmo, Dec 16, 2019
  4. Wolfe9999 Win User

Issues with Win 10 Dell Desktop and wired mouse

I am having issues with my Win10 Dell Machine and my dell wired mouse. The mouse is randomly double clicking on a single click and right clicking on a left click. I have already done the basic steps as listed below.

1>Restarting the machine

2> Removing mouse and plugging it back in.

3> Moved mouse to different USB port.

4>Removed drivers for mouse and rebooted machine.

If this is the improvements Win10 brought I will happily revert back to Win7 without needless crap like Cortana(That you can't simply uninstall).

Wolfe9999, Dec 16, 2019
Thema:

1. Win10 Cumulative update 1-23-18 killed my Logitech wired mouse - Similar Threads - Win10 Cumulative update

2. 08-18-23 Windows update WIPED my pc? Since when?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    08-18-23 Windows update WIPED my pc? Since when?: Wow. I've done updates since Windows XP but never seen this happen. 08-18-23 Windows update WIPES my desktop, logged me out of all my browsers, deleted my history, passwords, etc. ????I went and found all my old desktop files under the users folder which I am now backing up,...
  3. Windows 11 with WIRED USB MS keyboard & Logitech WIRED mouse typing/click lag ...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 with WIRED USB MS keyboard & Logitech WIRED mouse typing/click lag ...: I have been largely ignoring a very annoying problem with keyboard lag and mouse clicks seemingly thrown away. It is never impossible to work, but it is chronic and just should not be happening! Specs: Windows 11 fully up to date with auto update on. New this year Dell...
  4. Windows 11 with WIRED USB MS keyboard & Logitech WIRED mouse typing/click lag ...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 with WIRED USB MS keyboard & Logitech WIRED mouse typing/click lag ...: I have been largely ignoring a very annoying problem with keyboard lag and mouse clicks seemingly thrown away. It is never impossible to work, but it is chronic and just should not be happening! Specs: Windows 11 fully up to date with auto update on. New this year Dell...
  5. recent update killed my mouse, tried a wired mouse and it fails to to work as well

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    recent update killed my mouse, tried a wired mouse and it fails to to work as well: My logitech wireless mouse was working fine before recent update. now it doesn't work. tried a wired mouse and it doesn't work either. I have tried the other ports and none of them are functioning....
  6. Update killed my keyboard and mouse

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Update killed my keyboard and mouse: The May 2020 update ended up killing my mouse and keyboard. Had to uninstall it. Got some functions back but the computer is a mess, slow internet and just sucks! I've spent 11 hours on this. The new thing is the Audio Service will not run or reinstall no sound!. Is MS going...
  7. Win10 Update Killed My WiFi Speed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win10 Update Killed My WiFi Speed: On 11/14/19, I noticed that my wifi speed on my PC had dropped from pretty decent to dead slow. I'm talking ~1-2Mbps slow. That's dial-up speed. Over the next two days, I tested it many times, rebooted multiple times, adjusted the WiFi card's antennas multiple times, rebooted...
  8. Windows Update killed my mouse

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update killed my mouse: I have no idea which update it was but one of you're updates just killed my mouse, It is laggy as crap now! I even went and bought another mouse still same issue... I have read all the fixes you guys have posted tried them all no go, The problem is the windows update! period....
  9. Win10 update kills my laptop

Win10 update kills my laptop: After a recent update, the laptop went back to the last app before the update, but could not open any other app except the file directory. Subsequently this app also disappeared and only the file app was functioning. On seeing only the C directory using the file app, I...
  10. October 23 Win10 Update

October 23 Win10 Update: This is a post to MS after this download I found that my laptop had apparently failed there was no display of my desktop and clicking the Win10 icon (btm lft) only showed a black screen with no apparent display. It took a while for me to use my cursor and find that the icons...