Windows 10: Win10 deactivated - how to get a working Win10 back

Discus and support Win10 deactivated - how to get a working Win10 back in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; My Surface is an ex employer machine. Purchased new it was delivered with 8.1 Pro and I have the key for this. My office installed Win10 Enterprise and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ibex, Nov 21, 2018.

1. ibex Win User

Win10 deactivated - how to get a working Win10 back

My Surface is an ex employer machine. Purchased new it was delivered with 8.1 Pro and I have the key for this. My office installed Win10 Enterprise and I have been using that licence both at work and since the Surface ownership was transferred to me when I left.

Last week Win10 deactivated and the error message I get when trying to reactivate it is that the mutli-use licence has been activated too many times. I've talked to my old employer but they can't help me.

From what I've read I can download and install Win10 Pro and use my 8.1 Pro key to activate it giving me a viable Win10 install.

Is that the right way to go about getting back to a working copy of Win10?

:)

2. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Nov 21, 2018
  3. Ikaruga Win User
    GeForce Hotfix driver 353.38 (Update: Win10 versions added)

https://forums.geforce.com/default/...vers/announcing-geforce-hotfix-driver-353-38/

Update: Windows 10 (international) versions below:
    Win10 - 64 bit desktop
    Win10 - 32 bit desktop
    Win10 - 64 bit notebook
    Win10 - 32 bit notebook

Ikaruga, Nov 21, 2018
  4. xkm1948 Win User

Migrating Win10 to NVMe SSD

I am going to migrate my Win10 to my NVMe SSD. Installation wise there should be no problem. However I cannot seem to be able to erase the old Windows 10 on the SATA SSD. If I boot from USB Win10 Installation media it only ask me whether I want to repair the SATA SSD Win10 or not. Any ideas on how to complete erase the SSD that currently have Win10 on it? I tried sanitize drive and PSID revert in Win10, neither would work. The SATA SSD is Crucial MX200.

xkm1948, Nov 21, 2018
Thema:

1. Win10 deactivated - how to get a working Win10 back - Similar Threads - Win10 deactivated working

2. Win10 Pro want to go back to Win10 Family

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win10 Pro want to go back to Win10 Family: Hello,Being short in supply with win10 Pro's laptops, we bought several laptop with the Family edition for our customers, we also bought electronics licences for the Professional edition and install them on these computers by changing the product key.Now, some of these laptop...
  3. How get Windows Photo Viewer back in my new Win10

in Windows 10 Customization
    How get Windows Photo Viewer back in my new Win10: Windows Home v 20H2, OS build 19042.92 I am new to Win10. I miss my Windows Photo Viewer from my old Win7. It was a nice simple program for what I need. Is there any way to get that back in my new Win10? 180075
  4. How to get a clean install of Win10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to get a clean install of Win10: Hello, I have a Lenovo notebook that's running slowly due to a monitor driver situation. I ran reset from Win10 settings which didn't help. Then I used Win media tool to make a boot usb and reloaded Win10. This didn't work either. Neither one even removed the desktop...
  5. Deactivate Win10 Home

Deactivate Win10 Home: I'm trying to deactivate Win10 Home on my currently bootcamped MacBook and reinstall it on a new partition since it's giving me a lot of issues. It tells me I don't have elevated privileges to deactivate when I run slmgr.vbs -upk nor can I find the local permissions folder....
  6. Get back win10 after replacing SSD

Get back win10 after replacing SSD: Hi! I just found my SSD broken in my stationary PC. Will need to replace SSD and install win8 as this came with the PC(unfortunately no backup), any way I can get back my win10 license I recieved for free during your campaign? Best Regards Mattias Schuster...
  7. Huawei e220- how to get it worked with Win10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Huawei e220- how to get it worked with Win10: How I can get E220 worked with Win10 without going into Device manager and messing with drivers, usb xci complaint controllers etc.? 59196
  8. How to ROLL BACK from Win10 to Win7?

How to ROLL BACK from Win10 to Win7?: I've decided not to use Win10 and wish to roll back to the original Win7 that was on the drive. Win10 has the old system backed up to the Windows.old directory...but is there a tool or application in Win10 to initiate the roll back? I know I can wipe and reload or use my...
  9. How to get back the Win10 1511 start menu layout

in Windows 10 Support
    How to get back the Win10 1511 start menu layout: Hello. Is there any way to get back the 1511 start menu? Since the Anniversary Update it changed and I really would prefer the previous one, however I cannot find anything in settings or on the internet about how to get it back. Is it even possible? Thanks. 62340
  10. Boot DVD for Win10 - how to get - paid Win8.1Pro-updated to Win10

Boot DVD for Win10 - how to get - paid Win8.1Pro-updated to Win10: How to get bootable DVD with working Windows 10 OS ? Windows 8.1 Pro paid to Microsoft and used for a while. Miscrosoft updated it to Windows 10. Windows 10 automatic updates "worked" reasoble until 17th of January 2017. The latest automatic Windows 10 updates...