Windows 10: Win10 Deleted Folders

Discus and support Win10 Deleted Folders in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 Pro v1909 18363.1802 My SSD boot drive C: has 10GB free of 74. Abruptly last weekend there was like 20 minutes of continuous drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DanVenture, Oct 19, 2020.

1. Win10 Deleted Folders

I have Windows 10 Pro v1909 18363.1802 My SSD boot drive C: has 10GB free of 74. Abruptly last weekend there was like 20 minutes of continuous drive activity. There was no message or alert from Windows. After the drive activity, everything continued fine.

HOWEVER, when I went to my project folders under DOWNLOADS they were gone. File Explorer showed the icons, so some part of the system recognized those folders should have been there. "Restore Previous Versions" did nothing. The Recycle Bin had no deleted folders or the missing files. Had I made the mistake of deleting them, surely they would still be in the Recycle Bin or via Previous Versions.

I did look at using the File Recovery tool, but that says it is limited to the 2004 version of Windows 10. "Check for Updates" says that the release of v2004 for Windows 10 Pro is "on its way" but not here yet.

WHY did Windows 10 delete these folders?

:)

DanVenture, Oct 19, 2020

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Win10 Deleted Folders :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Win10 Deleted Folders :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Oct 19, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Oct 19, 2020
  4. Win10 Deleted Folders

Delete a file folder.

In such cases it is often possible to use this 3-step process:

1. Move the folder to C:\
    2. Reboot
    3. Delete the folder

Frederik Long, Oct 19, 2020
Thema:

Win10 Deleted Folders

1. Win10 Deleted Folders - Similar Threads - Win10 Deleted Folders

2. Delete a folder that sghows but is not there WIN10 Pro

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Delete a folder that sghows but is not there WIN10 Pro: I have two folders shown in my explorer but when I try to delete them i get an error message that they do not exist. I can open the folders and se files in them but they can not be deleted. How do I delete the "ghostfolders"?...
  3. Delete a folder that sghows but is not there WIN10 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delete a folder that sghows but is not there WIN10 Pro: I have two folders shown in my explorer but when I try to delete them i get an error message that they do not exist. I can open the folders and se files in them but they can not be deleted. How do I delete the "ghostfolders"?...
  4. Delete a folder that sghows but is not there WIN10 Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. WIN10: DOES NOT REFRESH WHEN CREATING OR DELETING FOLDER

in Windows 10 Customization
    WIN10: DOES NOT REFRESH WHEN CREATING OR DELETING FOLDER: Hi, The problem is tha when a create a new folder, or delete one, I need to press F5 refresh in order to see the changes... Thanks a lot! Dante...
  6. My Win10 DOWNLOAD folder contents get deleted

My Win10 DOWNLOAD folder contents get deleted: This has to be in my Top 10 weirdest problems in all the years since Windows 98. For a week or so each day I replace the 1/2 dozen files in my Download folder. Then when I check the next day they are all deleted again... with both my Toshiba laptop and my Dell desktop....
  7. WIN10: Delete File or Folder - Nothing Happens

WIN10: Delete File or Folder - Nothing Happens: Running Windows 10 (1809). If I create new files or try to delete recent files, no problem (go right to the recycle bin). If I try to delete old files or folders, I press the delete button (or select the delete button in File Explorer, or do Shift-Delete), nothing happens....
  8. Win10 'Item not found' error when deleting a folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 'Item not found' error when deleting a folder: In C:\Users\name\Videos I'm trying to delete several folders. They all say "Item not found, Could not find this item". This all started after using Blackmagic DaVinci Resolve 12. After every session it adds another miscellaneous folder into 'Videos' which cannot be delete or...
  9. Win7 to win10 can i delete this folder?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Win7 to win10 can i delete this folder?: I went from Windows 7 pro to Win10 pro and i noticed that there is a Windows.old folder on the C drive that is 22gig in size, if im correct that is the windows 7 installation right? can this folder be deleted? 33110
  10. Win10 deleted video. Does Win10 keep in cache temp folder? Restore op?

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 deleted video. Does Win10 keep in cache temp folder? Restore op?: Hi,I transferred (cut and paste) a very important video that I took this morning via USB cable from Samsung Galaxy Edge 7 to Win 10 Pc. I played it once on Win10 and went away from PC. When I came back the file was gone. I can see the link in "recent documents" on PC but it...