Windows 10: Win10 "Desktop" has been renamed "Downloads" from recent patches ...

Discus and support Win10 "Desktop" has been renamed "Downloads" from recent patches ... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Win10 "Desktop" has been renamed "Downloads" from recent patches ... System Information Report General Operating System... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Max_Power_CANADA, Mar 22, 2019.

1. Win10 "Desktop" has been renamed "Downloads" from recent patches ...

Win10 "Desktop" has been renamed "Downloads" from recent patches ...

System Information Report

General

Operating System Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

Central Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4570 CPU @ 3.20GHz

Graphics

Video Adapter Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600

Video Memory 1.0 GB

Storage
    Total Memory 5.9 GB
    Free Memory 1.8 GB
    Free Hard disk 834.0 GB

Operating System

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

OS Version 10.0.17763

Registry

Maximum Size 4095 MB

Current Size 114 MB

Status OK

Central Processor

CPU Name Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4570 CPU @ 3.20GHz

CPU ID Intel64 Family 6 Model 60 Stepping 3

:)

Max_Power_CANADA, Mar 22, 2019
  2. Ruz San Win User

My Downloads Renamed Itself to Desktop

Hi Matt,

To rename the folder back to Downloads, follow these steps:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Click on This PC.
    • Open Local Disk (CWin10 "Desktop" has been renamed "Downloads" from recent patches ... :).
    • Open Users.
    • Open the folder of the user profile you are experiencing this issue in.
    • Rename the second Desktop icon you see as Downloads.
    • Close File Explorer then reopen it.
    • Check if the Downloads folder has been renamed successfully.

Let us know if this resolves the problem.

Ruz San, Mar 22, 2019
  3. Windows 10 desktop renamed "downloads"

Hi,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

How did you exactly change the default folder for downloads to desktop? Is it through Internet explorer/through any other source?

As the issue started after setting the default folder for downloads to desktop, I suggest you to change the default folder for downloads to Download folder. (Follow the same procedure as you have did to change the default folder for downloads
    to desktop)

You may try this steps and check if you are able to rename the folders names for desktop and downloads.

• Press Windows + E keys on the keyboard to open Windows explorer.

• Click on This pc on the left navigation pane.

• Open the drive where Windows 10 is installed. (Ex: open C:/ drive if the Windows 10 is installed in c drive)

• Click on Users and select
      user name
      . (user name is the user you have logged in to the computer at present)

• Right click on Downloads folder and click on
      Rename and change to Desktop. (Do the same step for the Desktop folder also)

You may try to reset the view settings of the folders and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + E keys on the keyboard to open File Explorer.

• Click on the This PC on the left navigation pane.

• Click on the View tab at the top of the File explorer window.

• Click on Options and select
      Change folder and search options

• Navigate to the View tab in folder options window.

• Click on Reset Folders. (Click on Yes if any dialog box prompted)

• You may click on Restore defaults
      to restore the default settings for the folder.
    I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with the issue. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Mar 22, 2019
  4. idainc30 Win User

Windows 10 desktop renamed "downloads"

This exact same thing happened to me nut it appears to have been tied to the most recent MS update. My desktop folder was renamed downloads and that prevented me from seeing desktop in Quick Access.

Only the 4th MS rep looking at my system on line caught it and renamed it back again. The first three had no clue. She apparently had seen this before and it may be more common than we know.

She renamed it in the user account explorer folder.

idainc30, Mar 22, 2019
Thema:

1. Win10 "Desktop" has been renamed "Downloads" from recent patches ... - Similar Threads - Win10 Desktop has

2. WIN10 patch not installing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WIN10 patch not installing: I run WIN10-32bit . I've had the same problem after installing the last "Patch Tuesday" updates including yesterday's 14/05/21. Windows installs the update on my computer. I then re-boot but the computer "hangs". I try to re-boot another few times and then I get a message on...
  3. My downloads folder is renamed to desktop.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My downloads folder is renamed to desktop.: I tried to make it so that my folders in my desktop would be shown in my downloads folder but now it renamed my downloads folder to desktop. I am wondering how to switch this back. I tried using the reset to default option but it did nothing.[ATTACH]...
  4. New Flt Sim downloaded, installed incl recent patch but ..

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    New Flt Sim downloaded, installed incl recent patch but ..: Although a notice claims 'the game is already running' I cannot see it or play it. When ordering the store declared my PC able to run it..what's wrong?...
  5. ...Issue with Desktop Icon - accidentlly renamed to Download

...Issue with Desktop Icon - accidentlly renamed to Download: Hi I hope you are safe! I have an issue that seems to be a common issue but after searching, I can seem to find the answer. I accidentally renamed my Desktop icon Download. Now I have 2 Download icons - one with the correct download icon - the other with a Desktop...
  6. Installed Win10 updates yesterday w/restart and my Desktop has been renamed Documents...WHY?

Installed Win10 updates yesterday w/restart and my Desktop has been renamed Documents...WHY?: I installed and restarted my laptop last night when I was finished working and when I got back in, my Desktop folder had been renamed Documents. The original Documents folder is still named Documents, but there is no way to "rename" the Desktop so this makes no sense I am the...
  7. My user folder has been renamed. Why ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My user folder has been renamed. Why ?: Hi ! I recently discovered that my user folder has been renamed. Before it was C/Users/[My Name] but now, instead of My name there is the 5 first letters of my email. What happened ? Will there be a problem ? How do I get back to my old user folder name ? Thanks !...
  8. Has Storage Spaces Been Improved Recently?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Has Storage Spaces Been Improved Recently?: It's been probably about a year or more since I've played with Storage Spaces. Back when I was experimenting with it, it was simply horrendous, especially trying to recover from situations where I purposely "failed" a disk. I actually played with it extensively at the time...
  9. Has Storage Spaces Been Improved Recently?

in Windows 10 Support
    Has Storage Spaces Been Improved Recently?: It's been probably about a year or more since I've played with Storage Spaces. Back when I was experimenting with it, it was simply horrendous, especially trying to recover from situations where I purposely "failed" a disk. I actually played with it extensively at the time...
  10. Desktop has been deleted

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Desktop has been deleted: I ran an automatic windows update and on restarting my laptop the entire desktop has gone. All I jave is a blank screen with a Recycle bon in the top left hand corner. Any advice please?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. desktop folder renamed downloads

2. desktop renamed downloads