Windows 10: Win10 desktop icon text colour

Discus and support Win10 desktop icon text colour in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, i have a problem i have seen commented on many time going back several years so i am hoping MS has finally fixed the problem. The text for the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MarkBarber1, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Win10 desktop icon text colour

Hi,

i have a problem i have seen commented on many time going back several years so i am hoping MS has finally fixed the problem. The text for the desktop ICONs is white and almost unreadable when there is a light screen. I run three monitors as a CAD designer and have mainly light coloured backgrounds and a picture on one screen. I do not like black or dark backgrounds.

Has this obvious long term issue been addressed yet? What bright spark in MS decided to remove a very flexible option.

I regret everyday i run Win10 on changing from Win7. Win7 was way faster cleaner easier to use and less issues and more flexibility. I hound the CAD software developers to return to Win7 as it is making their product difficult to use.

Regards

Mark

:)

MarkBarber1, Mar 12, 2019
  2. Tom Kunzo Win User

Change text colour and text size of desktop icons in Windows 10

Hi,

How do I change the text colour and text size of the desktop icons in Windows 10?

Thank you.

Regards,

Tom Kunzo, Mar 12, 2019
  3. Change text colour of desktop icons on Windows 10

Is there any way to change the desktop icon text colour in Windows 10?

Source Desktop Icon Color Change - Accessibility Option

DavidPostill, Mar 12, 2019
  4. Andy Win User

Win10 desktop icon text colour

Change text colour of desktop icons on Windows 10

As the title says, is there any way to change the colour of text for the icons on your desktop in Windows 10?

I have a lot of nature backgrounds so white tends to blend in. I have made them bold but that isn't really enough.

Thema:

Win10 desktop icon text colour

1. Win10 desktop icon text colour - Similar Threads - Win10 desktop icon

2. Desktop Icon text is in shadow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Icon text is in shadow: Windows 11 just updated with latest version 22H2 OS build 2261.2428. Now the desktop icons labels are in shadows. I checked registry and found that ListViewShadow was set to 0 the setting to eliminate shadows. Yet the problem persists. Anyone have suggestions on how to fix...
  3. Desktop icon colours change to red

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop icon colours change to red: [IMG]Hi, A couple days ago i turned my pc on and it was running fine. Then it randomly made some of the colours that my monitor shows, such as green, as red. This makes gaming impossible as all i see is just red, and also disrupts online meetings. Ive checked the night...
  4. Desktop Icon and Folder Text

Desktop Icon and Folder Text: Can someone direct me to where I can change the font color of icons and folders appearing on recently acquired HP Envy X360 Laptop running Windows 10? Default seems to be white text which is not legible on light blue background. Need to change either the text color or the...
  5. Win7 Colour and Appearance/Text Control Within Win10 Display Text

Win7 Colour and Appearance/Text Control Within Win10 Display Text: Hello all, I hope everyone is keeping well and safe! I just have a really quick question for everyone. Within Win7, you had a setting called "Windows Colour and Appearance" found within "Control Panel & Personalisation" Here you were able to choose a "on screen item or...
  6. Win7 Colour and Appearance/Text Control Within Win10 Display Text

in Windows 10 Support
    Win7 Colour and Appearance/Text Control Within Win10 Display Text: Hello all, I hope everyone is keeping well and safe! I just have a really quick question for everyone. Within Win7, you had a setting called "Windows Colour and Appearance" found within "Control Panel & Personalisation" Here you were able to choose a "on screen item or...
  7. Desktop Icon text color

Desktop Icon text color: How do you change the windows 10 desktop icons text color? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icon-text-color/afb02ab9-ff54-4ecc-86c0-f9b4ce215329
  8. Color of Text of desktop icons from white to anothe colour

Color of Text of desktop icons from white to anothe colour: How to change the color of Text of desktop icons from white to another color? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/color-of-text-of-desktop-icons-from-white-to/0e20bb17-dce3-4343-be15-881fc3259601
  9. Desktop icon text color

Desktop icon text color: The default color for my desktop icons is a white font, which is hard for me to see. I can't seem to find a way to change either the color, size, or bold of the text beneath the icon...
  10. Text Colours

Text Colours: My Desktop normally shows text in black and / or green - can I change the green text to a more readable colour? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/text-colours/e2164841-5989-4f69-9713-9870d6fd1dc9