Windows 10: win10 desktop icons, slow response to mouse

Discus and support win10 desktop icons, slow response to mouse in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, when I move mouse cursor on the desktop (without clicking or dragging; just moving), icon items show a transparent rectangle around the icon, as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Tuncaytio, Aug 4, 2019.

1. Tuncaytio Win User

win10 desktop icons, slow response to mouse

Hi,

when I move mouse cursor on the desktop (without clicking or dragging; just moving),

icon items show a transparent rectangle around the icon, as if they are focused (pre-focus ?)

This happens quickly; so one may see a nice effect when moving the mouse up down etc.

But, when I do the same at the right side of the screen, the response time dramatically adds up.

It doesn't look like a normal behavior.

I'm not playing with desktop much and just noticed this strange issue lately.

Microsoft doesn't let users control the win10 updates much;

I have no idea where to upgrade, change etc.

Looks like a screen-driver/graphics card issue, but not sure.

It may also be a little bug.

Since I as a user have very little control on win10 updates,

I'm asking to correct this strange behavior.

Thanks

:)

Tuncaytio, Aug 4, 2019
  2. Tuncaytio Win User

Hi,

when I move mouse cursor on the desktop (without clicking or dragging; just moving),

icon items show a transparent rectangle around the icon, as if they are focused (pre-focus ?)

This happens quickly; so one may see a nice effect when moving the mouse up down etc.

But, when I do the same at the right side of the screen, the response time dramatically adds up.

It doesn't look like a normal behavior.

I'm not playing with desktop much and just noticed this strange issue lately.

Microsoft doesn't let users control the win10 updates much;

I have no idea where to upgrade, change etc.

Looks like a screen-driver/graphics card issue, but not sure.

It may also be a little bug.

Since I as a user have very little control on win10 updates,

I'm asking to correct this strange behavior.

Thanks

Tuncaytio, Oct 1, 2019
  3. Tuncaytio Win User

Thanks very much SmithErikson

I followed your instructions. DISM commands all reported normal.

But sfc reported some corrupted files and repaired them.

Unfortunately this didn't changed the interesting behavior of

desktop icons' semi-focus painting.

When I move the mouse over the icons, it is ok when mouse cursor

is the left side of the screen. But when going right/down the screen;

the focus rectangle that is painted around the icons,

comes very slowly : the more to the rightside I move the mouse

the slower it paints the semifocus rect.

Ok it doesn't harm anything -but... It seems weird.

Thank you for giving your time.

Regards

Tuncay

Tuncaytio, Oct 1, 2019
  4. Tuncaytio Win User

Hi lacrumb,

I'm afraid the screenshot will not give you any idea of the behavior,

rather a short video could do it best -but I have no app.doing it, sorry.

"

When I move the mouse over the icons, it is ok when mouse cursor

is the left side of the screen. But when going right/down the screen;

the transparent focus rectangle that is painted around the icons,

comes very slowly : the more to the rightside I move the mouse,

the slower it paints the semifocus rect.

"

Tuncaytio, Oct 1, 2019
Thema:

1. win10 desktop icons, slow response to mouse - Similar Threads - win10 desktop icons

2. Slow Response of Laptop on Win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow Response of Laptop on Win10: My Lenovo P43s is slow in responding to almost every input. Typing or selecting text, deleting items, opening up .pdf's in Acrobat, almost every operation has a slight delay.Its most noticeable in Word 365. It can be a letter or two behind when typing, same with selecting...
  3. Slow Response of Laptop on Win10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow Response of Laptop on Win10: My Lenovo P43s is slow in responding to almost every input. Typing or selecting text, deleting items, opening up .pdf's in Acrobat, almost every operation has a slight delay.Its most noticeable in Word 365. It can be a letter or two behind when typing, same with selecting...
  4. Slow Response of Laptop on Win10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Slow response of mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow response of mouse: Have brand new computer with Windows 10 worked super first few months. Now the mouse takes forever to move around screen. The wheel just spins and spins before finally moving to where I want the mouse. I've run CCleaner and Avast but nothing found. Thanks for your help....
  6. Slow response of mouse

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow response of mouse: Have brand new computer with Windows 10 worked super first few months. Now the mouse takes forever to move around screen. The wheel just spins and spins before finally moving to where I want the mouse. I've run CCleaner and Avast but nothing found. Thanks for your help....
  7. Slow response of mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Slow response

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Slow response: My keyboard giving me a very slow response on typing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-response/1a3f12a0-1adb-4de8-884d-0e0476213f70
  9. My desktop icons and desktop are not being responsive

in Windows 10 Customization
    My desktop icons and desktop are not being responsive: After I installed the Windows 10 update all of my desktop icons disappeared and it did not allow me to interact with the desktop background. I tried to reload explorer.exe but it wasn't running in the first place and restart my computer. I am very confused on why it is...
  10. Slow typing in Windows 10, slow mouse response

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow typing in Windows 10, slow mouse response: Recently when I am typing in browser, Word, e-mail or any APP, the letters are delayed as I type. The mouse also is very slow to respond. I am on a 2 year old Lenova Aspire , Intel i7 6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.60 with 8 GB Ram. I reset my PC with reinstall of Windows 10 but...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. slow display response on win10