Windows 10: Win10 Desktop Logon with MS Account; But How Do I Have Different PW's???????

Discus and support Win10 Desktop Logon with MS Account; But How Do I Have Different PW's??????? in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi folks - I've searched high and low but can't find the exact answer to this question, and it's perplexing. So opening it up, and hopefully someone... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by JCKay, May 28, 2020.

1. JCKay Win User

Win10 Desktop Logon with MS Account; But How Do I Have Different PW's???????

Hi folks - I've searched high and low but can't find the exact answer to this question, and it's perplexing. So opening it up, and hopefully someone can shed some light on this.

First off, I understand the difference between a Windows local account and a Microsoftaccount.

Secondly, I have confirmed that on my desktop, I log into Windows10 using my Microsoft account. it's an email address, and in Settings>Accounts>Your Info, I have the "sign in with a local account instead" text beneath my name, email, admin.

So here comes my question; everything that I've read says when you choose to log into Windows10 with your Microsoft account, you will be using your Microsoft account pw. So far so good; makes sense. But in my situation, when I log into my desktop Windows10 I have a unique pw. I really can't quite figure out how that can be. And it's been this way forever. I think, pretty certain, this desktop started out with Win7 then i upgraded to Win8 and now Win10. Could that explain this? For further illustration, here is my situation;

Microsoft account login = *** Email address is removed for privacy ***, pw = ABC

Windows10 Desktop login = *** Email address is removed for privacy ***, pw = 123

Login to OneDrive from phone = *** Email address is removed for privacy ***, pw = ABC

And my OneDrive works fine from my desktop and syncs to my phone. I should add that I would like to change my Windows10 login pw, so that is what got me researching this. I first need to understand this difference before I go and break something.

Thanks!

:)

JCKay, May 28, 2020
  2. FiiLeTe Win User

Window 10 Auto-Logon (Hotmail/MS Account)

Hello everyone!

So, i've updated my PC to Windows 10 and i have a little problem.

Anyone knows how to auto-logon without asking for password using Hotmail/MS Account? I i've already tried the trick using "netplwiz" from Windows 8 wich always worked totally, and in Win10 it just does not work, it keeps asking me for password...

Anyone knows how to bypass this without having to create a local account?

Cheers.

FiiLeTe, May 28, 2020
  3. WIN 10 LOGON Failure

Attempted WIN 10 upgrade to WIN7 Home Premium SP1 on 3 occasions (separate downloads), the last time with the recent WIN10 update. Downloads and installation appeared clean each time until the LOGON screen appeared. When I entered PW on LOGON screen and
    selected 'Next', the process stalled. Eventually, system automatically entered reboot sequence, with the same results. I reinstalled WIN7, confirming the PW I used for the WIN10 LOGON is correct.

Any suggestions on installation issues and remedies?

ChrisChriston, May 28, 2020
  4. Win10 Desktop Logon with MS Account; But How Do I Have Different PW's???????

locked out of win10 using MS account

hi all
    i have recently upgraded from Win8.1 to Win 10 and I used the MS account to login
    but now it does not let me login anymore, i did a pw reset for my MS account already and can login to my MS account from any device but the message showing when I use my MS account pw to login to my win10 laptop:
    cannot verify account you are offline, use the offline pw to login,
    even when connected to the internet, how can i get rid of this stupid MS account and login with a local admin.
    i do not have a win10cd i did the upgrade online.
    thanks for your help, much appreciated Win10 Desktop Logon with MS Account; But How Do I Have Different PW's??????? :)

wintennewbie2, May 28, 2020
Thema:

Win10 Desktop Logon with MS Account; But How Do I Have Different PW's???????

1. Win10 Desktop Logon with MS Account; But How Do I Have Different PW's??????? - Similar Threads - Win10 Desktop Logon

2. After reloading win11, MS account PW is rejected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After reloading win11, MS account PW is rejected: While reloading win 11 from an ISO download, it asked for MS account PW as part to the new install. This PC had two factor identification. The PW was good and working up until the new install, so why is it not accepting the PW now? So, I selected "forgot PW" and then it was...
  3. After reloading win11, MS account PW is rejected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After reloading win11, MS account PW is rejected: While reloading win 11 from an ISO download, it asked for MS account PW as part to the new install. This PC had two factor identification. The PW was good and working up until the new install, so why is it not accepting the PW now? So, I selected "forgot PW" and then it was...
  4. Weird: It looks like I have two different MS accounts?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Weird: It looks like I have two different MS accounts?: We have several laptops, larger ones for primary-home-use & smaller, lighter ones for traveling. All running 1909 with the latest updates. I have been trying to download an extension from the MS store for Edge, but it looks to me like I have two MS accounts. On the computers...
  5. Weird: It looks like I have two different MS accounts?

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird: It looks like I have two different MS accounts?: We have several laptops, larger ones for primary-home-use & smaller, lighter ones for traveling. All running 1909 with the latest updates. I have been trying to download an extension from the MS store for Edge, but it looks to me like I have two MS accounts. On the computers...
  6. how do i have different wallpapers on different monitors?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how do i have different wallpapers on different monitors?: everytime i set a wallpaper it sets it the same on all 3 monitors, how do i make it so all 3 can have seperate images? submitted by /u/SkapBoi [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fbpy2u/how_do_i_have_different_wallpapers_on_different/
  7. I can't logon to my MS account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I can't logon to my MS account: I try to logon to my MS account and get invalid password message. Tried to recover the password and received 'there is no account associated with my email address'. Tried to create a MS ACCOUNT WITH MY EMAIL ADDRESS and I receive a message 'the account already exists'.Tried...
  8. Sign in to MS account without typing PW

Sign in to MS account without typing PW: Local account signs in without PW. Microsoft account prompts for one at sign in (but not from SLEEP). It appears from the following MS statement that typing is mandatory. Is this the case, or is there a way to auto sign in? "If you don't want to enter your password...
  9. How do I manually do what win10 setup calls logging into a ms account?

How do I manually do what win10 setup calls logging into a ms account?: Suppose I install Win10 but skip the stage that says logging into a microsoft account. I'd like to know what that option does. Does it open the Edge browser and go to www.bing.com and log in there? Does it log into multiple websites? If so, which? Does it log any...
  10. Ms account - How do I HIDE email address on Logon / LOCK screen

Ms account - How do I HIDE email address on Logon / LOCK screen: Hi there The trouble with an Ms account is that the email address is part of the account and it displays on the logon / lock screen. If I'm in a public place I'd rather NOT have that info shown. Anyway to HIDE it or at least the email part. Cheers jimbo 7655