Windows 10: Win10 Desktop Toolbar

Discus and support Win10 Desktop Toolbar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; From Win7 to Win10, I've always used the desktop toolbar and it's always located immediately before the notification area. Since installing the latest... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Retro54, Jul 13, 2021.

1. Retro54 Win User

Win10 Desktop Toolbar

From Win7 to Win10, I've always used the desktop toolbar and it's always located immediately before the notification area. Since installing the latest updates a few days ago the toolbar has shifted to almost the center of the taskbar and all my amateur efforts to relocate it have failed. The toolbar itself functions as it should but it's just annoying that it has now limited the space for open windows whilst leaving a large gap between itself and the notification area.Any help in fixing this would be appreciated. Please note that this is the only toolbar I use.

:)

Retro54, Jul 13, 2021
  2. Fafhrd Win User

Win10 Toolbars: is text to icons possible?

The toolbar changes folders into drop down lists automatically:

Win10 Desktop Toolbar [​IMG]

They are drop down lists for each subfolder - I changed Camera Roll Icon in Pictures to that of a camera instead of a plain folder - and drilled down thru Screenshots to find some accidental downloads that ended up there!
    However, the desktop toolbar takes you everywhere!

Win10 Desktop Toolbar [​IMG]

Fafhrd, Jul 13, 2021
  3. Desktop Toolbar - Registry Hacking?

Hello again,

I don't like having icons on my desktop most of the time, so I use the desktop toolbar on my taskbar to access my programs. It works great, but I am forced to have 8 icons or shortcuts that I don't want there. They include My Computer, Recycle Bin, my user folder, Network, Control Panel, Control Panel (There are two of them), Home Group, Libraries.

Is there a way to remove these? If I delete them from the toolbar they come right back.

Anyone know any registry hacks to remove them from the toolbar, for good?

MLG The Canadian, Jul 13, 2021
  4. Arctucas Win User

Win10 Desktop Toolbar

Desktop Toolbar - Registry Hacking?

I use Quick Launch Toolbar rather than Desktop Toolbar. You may add or subtract icons as you please; for example, the Recycle Bin.

Arctucas, Jul 13, 2021
Thema:

Win10 Desktop Toolbar

1. Win10 Desktop Toolbar - Similar Threads - Win10 Desktop Toolbar

2. desktop toolbar (windows 10)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    desktop toolbar (windows 10): [IMG] Is there a way i can make my desktop toolbar on taskbar from the boring way where the files display as a vertical window. I want a way where i can display it in the attached image...
  3. Desktop Icon / Toolbar Issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Icon / Toolbar Issue: Hello Community,Firstly I would like to point out that I am a rookie when it comes to computers.When I double click on an specific Icon on the desktop, instead of expanding on the screen it will go to files in the toolbar where it remains. I am unable to maximise it. When I...
  4. Windows 10 Desktop Toolbar View

Windows 10 Desktop Toolbar View: Hello, I've added the Desktop toolbar on my taskbar for Windows 10. Each time I open an item from my desktop the order of the items in the toolbar change. My documents are constantly shifting when I use the toolbar and I don't know how to keep them in one place or just have...
  5. Arrange icons in Desktop Toolbar

Arrange icons in Desktop Toolbar: I have the Desktop toolbar added to my taskbar, but my question is how do I arrange the icons on the list that pops up? It is currently arranging them by date - newest icon at the bottom, but I want them alphabetical. Windows 10 Pro 64-bit v1909 Build 18363.815 [IMG]...
  6. The Desktop>> toolbar in the System Tray

The Desktop>> toolbar in the System Tray: I'm struggling how to even describe this: I added the default Desktop toolbar to the toolbar by: [ATTACH] I don't use desktop Icons on purpose and this suits my use case perfectly, except for one thing .. I want to add and remove some of the items but, unlike a...
  7. Desktop and toolbar

Desktop and toolbar: I am unable to click on anything in the toolbar at the bottom of my screen and also I can't click on the Windows icon to launch my apps in Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-and-toolbar/e798ad8e-db6f-458b-b49a-bc8335c43588
  8. Win10 Toolbars: is text to icons possible?

Win10 Toolbars: is text to icons possible?: I am curious to know if the text can be changed to icons only or even include icons. Cannot stand seeing all that toolbar text... If it's even possible or i'll just get TrueLaunchbar 78039
  9. Desktop custom toolbar issues

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Desktop custom toolbar issues: Most times when I launch my computer, I get this "blank/delay" effect the first time I select one of the desktop toolbar dropdown menus. It can take 10+ seconds to load the menu The red line represents approximately where the right border of the menu would be Attachment...
  10. Desktop and Toolbar constantly refreshing

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop and Toolbar constantly refreshing: I know this problem has been posted here a million times, but no other solution has yet worked for my computer. I have a Dell Inspiron N5110 that I just upgraded to Windows 10 yesterday. It's been working mostly without a hitch, but I've run into the dreaded "constant...