Windows 10: Win10 DIDN'T work when i installed it with the upgrade promotion... Now they're ending win7

Discus and support Win10 DIDN'T work when i installed it with the upgrade promotion... Now they're ending win7 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Win10 DIDN'T work when i installed it with the upgrade promotion... Now they're ending win7. Please help guys. My PC HATED windows 10 when the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JamesWilliams71194, Nov 8, 2019.

1. Win10 DIDN'T work when i installed it with the upgrade promotion... Now they're ending win7

Win10 DIDN'T work when i installed it with the upgrade promotion... Now they're ending win7.

Please help guys. My PC HATED windows 10 when the promotion ran a few years ago. I installed it and it asked all this unnecessary stuff like "do you want a pin" no, password is fine. "what do you want your lock screen to look like?" I spend 5 seconds looking at it a day, if that...

Forgetting the "look at my shiny computer that runs twenty times the programs than is actually needed," trash, (and it is trash because older computers cannot bear it) it genuinely had some serious issues when I used it on my big, capable, heavily invested in machine. I suffered from everything. It blue-screened sporadically, it displayed in whatever/random resolutions every time I booted on the PC, it certainly wouldn't play games, basically it made my pc into a brick. I went back to Win7 the day after!!!

I can't go without this pc... If Win7 is ending I NEED Win10.

Win7 runs really well and so do all the programs I download (old and new) so I don't see the issue myself. This HAS been reported to Meyecrowsopht and they told me, "the upgrade promotion is over, you have to pay for it now!" They didn't even offer support or an explanation. They forgot that I'm one of the five people who bought a genuine copy of Win7 Home Edition and that I am a CUSTOMER who needs HELP. Not happy at all about that.

I would LOVE to pay for it... Especially now that win7 is ending and I have not any choice whatsoever apart from moving to one of the very many alternative OS's... However, it didn't work on my PC when I did this a few years ago. How do I know it will work now? There's zero chance of my buying Windows10 without me knowing it works beforehand. And there's zero percent chance of me buying it without good support.

BOTTOM LINE OF QUESTION

How do I know it will work on my PC when it didn't a few years ago?

Will support improve? My experience is that Windows support is a 1 in 40 chance of getting someone who knows their stuff. In the real world, I cannot be posting questions on this forum. If I need help, I need help NOW.

Many thanks in advanced and apologies for sounding like I'm fed up... But I am fed up!

:)

JamesWilliams71194, Nov 8, 2019
  2. bobrcnut Win User

Win10 upgrade over 1 of 2 manufacturer-installed Win7's

Since Win10 will apparently be 'upgrade only' and not clean-installable, can I do it like this:

-- Repartition the existing hard drive

-- Install Win7 in a new partition from my factory recovery disks, so that I end up with two independent bootable Win7's

-- Install the Win10 upgrade over one of the 2 Win7's

The goal here is to allow for a staged migration of existing programs and data from Win7 to Win10, rather than the 'all or nothing' approach being forced by a lack of a Win10 ISO.

bobrcnut, Nov 8, 2019
  3. Win7 Gateway Computer fails Win10 Upgrade

I am covered under the late Win10 upgrade ending Dec 2017.

I attempted 6 upgrades to Win10 -- all failing - each time trying to address a potential concern.

Win10 Upgrade says that the computer is fully capable for the upgrade and begins downloading the files then moving in the installing process.

The process totally locks up at 75% at which time a reset is applied. The computer restarts and continues to 81% thereby totally locking up again.

The reset - restart at this point goes into Win7 Home recover mode.

One of my attempts was to totally load a fresh version of Win7 from my installation disk and making sure the latest Win7 drivers were being used.

A internet search suggested that this model of Gateway computer was not able to be upgraded to Win10 yet the Win10 upgrade process stated that all was well.

Please note - no anti-virus - no programs - just a fresh Win7 installation.

I did find some Win8 Gateway drivers available but did not load them as I did not know if that would break the Win7 OS.

After one of the Win7 recovery process completed, Windows reported the upgrade failed do to error C1900101-4000D. A Internet search of the error code states it is do to a driver related issue - hence my concentration on drivers.

I would like to upgrade this computer but I have no idea as how to proceed.

Can some direction be provided.

Thanks

joehinkle1, Nov 8, 2019
  4. MikeNomad Win User

Win10 DIDN'T work when i installed it with the upgrade promotion... Now they're ending win7

Upgraded PC win7 to win10 tried to install image activation not valid?

Ok so I followed the guide step by step
    I installed programs using chocoltey, I installed office2016 and adobe cloud, I installed photoshop, dreamweaver, I set a default theme, I edited the policy settings to lock down the PC I set the start menu and lock screen images, I uninstalled most of the windows apps, I installed avast business and disabled until reboot

this is my sysprep working as I expected

Win10 DIDN'T work when i installed it with the upgrade promotion... Now they're ending win7 [​IMG]

I created an image file then restarted the machine and get this error

Win10 DIDN'T work when i installed it with the upgrade promotion... Now they're ending win7 [​IMG]

guess its back to the drawing board

MikeNomad, Nov 8, 2019
Thema:

Win10 DIDN'T work when i installed it with the upgrade promotion... Now they're ending win7

1. Win10 DIDN'T work when i installed it with the upgrade promotion... Now they're ending win7 - Similar Threads - Win10 DIDN'T installed

2. I tried to install windows 7 but it didn't last end now it's not loading.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I tried to install windows 7 but it didn't last end now it's not loading.: Also there it is not showing other boot options. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-tried-to-install-windows-7-but-it-didnt-last-end/d3ccba5d-2adf-416b-ac1a-988427a5a19b
  3. upgrading from win7 to win10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgrading from win7 to win10: I can't find HP ProtectTools Device Access Manager to uninstall. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrading-from-win7-to-win10/f289a046-d68b-471b-8f6f-de8ed5ccafa6
  4. Upgrade win7 to win10,

Upgrade win7 to win10,: when I try to upgrade my laptop from win7 to win10, I got this message "this PC can't be upgraded to windows 10 your PC isn't supported yet on this version of Windows 10. no action is needed. windows update will offer this version of windows 10 automatically once the issue...
  5. Upgrade Win7 to Win10

Upgrade Win7 to Win10: Received the following error after trying to upgrade Windows from 7 to 10. "This PC can't be upgraded to Windows 10. Your PC isn't supported yet on this version of Windows 10. No action is needed. Windows Update will offer this version of Windows 10 automatically once...
  6. Errors when upgrading from Win7 to Win10

Errors when upgrading from Win7 to Win10: Hello, I'm trying to upgrade my Win7 OS to Win10. I have launched the MediaCreationTool1903. I end up with an error REPLICATE_OC in the phase SAFE_OS. 0x8007001F - 0x20006. I have noticed the CBS.log file contained some errors like: Error CBS Failed...
  7. After Upgrading from win7 to win10, nothing works.

After Upgrading from win7 to win10, nothing works.: I recently done an upgrade from Win7 Pro to Win10 Pro and having issues. For starter, the start menu doesn't open. Search, Settings, Updates & Securities, Apps & Features and the list goes on will not open. Event MS Edge doesn't open. Basically anything that belongs to...
  8. Can I upgrade Win7 Ent to Win10?

Can I upgrade Win7 Ent to Win10?: I have a Win7 Enterprise desktop as well as a Win10 laptop that I rarely ever use. Is there anyway to "tr'fer, or release that key to my desktop? 113632
  9. Will Win10 upgrade install follow Win7 redirects?

Will Win10 upgrade install follow Win7 redirects?: I've received conflicting info on this point, so I thought I would ask the experts here: Will the Windows 10 "free" upgrade follow any redirects I have added to my Win7 Home Premium installation? When I installed Win7 on my 250GB SSD, I used an XML script to relocate the...
  10. Upgrading from win7 to win10

Upgrading from win7 to win10: Hello, I have 4 PCs; I was able to upgrade 3, but the fourth one the desktop I couldn't upgrade it. I followed all the workarounds and solution were offered I downloaded the Windows Creation Tool and still cannot update. What should I do? 13716