Windows 10: Win10 died on dual boot system, reset fails

Discus and support Win10 died on dual boot system, reset fails in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have my HP Pavilion laptop configured as a dual boot system with Windows 10 and Kubuntu Linux. It had been working fine for several months. But... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by pwabrahams, Jul 7, 2019.

1. Win10 died on dual boot system, reset fails

I have my HP Pavilion laptop configured as a dual boot system with Windows 10 and Kubuntu Linux. It had been working fine for several months. But something went wrong during a Win10 update, and now Win10 won't run at all. (Kubuntu is fine.) When it starts it finds errors, automatically corrects them, and then reboots. If I go to Reset at that point, the gears whirr for a while and then it tells me that there was a problem and nothing was changed. (I've also tried other alternatives such as the Command Line, with no success.)

I've downloaded the file Win10_1903_V1_English_x64.iso onto a flash drive and tried to reboot from that. The activity indicator on the drive blinks a few times and then I get an unresponsive blank screen with a blinking cursor.

How can I get Win10 started again? I've abandoned any hope of recovering anything from my earlier installation; I'd be happy to just do a reinstall.

:)

pwabrahams, Jul 7, 2019

2. How to Clone 'dual boot' Win7/Win10 HDD to new SSD

Hi Jackos,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to create a system image of Win7/Win10 and apply it to SSD.

To create system image on Windows 10 follow the below steps.

• Type File history in the search area on the taskbar and select File history.
    • Click on System image backup on the left bottom corner of the Window file history Window.
    • Click on Create System Image on the left panel of the System Image backup windows.
    • Select the driver, where you want to create system Image.
    • Follow on screen instruction.
    If you want to perform a dual boot you can refer to the below link and check if it helps:

How to Dual Boot Windows 10 with Other Versions of Windows, macOS and Linux

Please let us know if you face any issues with Windows.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Jul 7, 2019
  3. LewisAM Win User
    Dual Boot Win10 & Win8.1

I setup a dual boot system for Win10 and Win8.1 because I need to run software for a client that is not Win10 compliant. But after the installation of Win10 it says that it is not activated. How do I activate the Win10 system?

LewisAM, Jul 7, 2019
  4. Imposter Win User

Win10 died on dual boot system, reset fails

Dual Boot Win10 64 bit and Win10 32 bit

When I originally installed Win10 I installed the 32 bit version. I have a blank drive, and would like to install the 64 bit version on that, creating a dual boot system.

What are the steps I need to follow? I'm reasonably intelligent but not tech savvy.

Imposter, Jul 7, 2019
Thema:

Win10 died on dual boot system, reset fails

1. Win10 died on dual boot system, reset fails - Similar Threads - Win10 died dual

2. Dual boot Win10/Win11 system install problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual boot Win10/Win11 system install problem: Hi all, I acquired a new laptop about 6 months ago and want to add Win10 as a dual boot option but I keep hitting a point where I need a little clarity but have not been able to find any discussion on the subject.I follow all the instructions set out in this and other...
  3. Dual boot Win10/Win11 system install problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual boot Win10/Win11 system install problem: Hi all, I acquired a new laptop about 6 months ago and want to add Win10 as a dual boot option but I keep hitting a point where I need a little clarity but have not been able to find any discussion on the subject.I follow all the instructions set out in this and other...
  4. Dual boot Win10/Win11 system install problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Win10 update fails with Win10/Win10 dual boot

Win10 update fails with Win10/Win10 dual boot: Hi,I have an HP Omen 17 laptop with a UEFI dual boot setup- Win10 Enterprise and Win10 Ent LTSC.The Win10 Enterprise is version 1909, and every attempt to update it to 21h0, 21h1 or 21H2 has failed. Error code 0x80242016.I've tried just about every trick in the book to fix...
  6. Win10 update fails with Win10/Win10 dual boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 update fails with Win10/Win10 dual boot: Hi,I have an HP Omen 17 laptop with a UEFI dual boot setup- Win10 Enterprise and Win10 Ent LTSC.The Win10 Enterprise is version 1909, and every attempt to update it to 21h0, 21h1 or 21H2 has failed. Error code 0x80242016.I've tried just about every trick in the book to fix...
  7. Win10 update fails with Win10/Win10 dual boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Win 10 update of dual boot Win10 Ubuntu system fail to boot

Win 10 update of dual boot Win10 Ubuntu system fail to boot: I initiated a lengthy Win 10 update with multiple restarts the other night. In an amazing display of brain-deadness, I had forgotten that the PC was configured as a dual boot Win10/Ubuntu 16.04 system that defaulted to Ubuntu on boot up. At some point, the Win10 restart...
  9. Win10 dual boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 dual boot: Hey there I want some help with my dual boot.i have windows 10 and windows xp installed in my laptop and I want to see the boot choice menu before windows 10 load.Now windows 10 is loading first and give me the choice of Os,for that reason if I choose windows xp my laptop...
  10. Dual Boot Win7/Win10

Dual Boot Win7/Win10: Reloaded factory software on Dell XPS laptop Win7. Created additional partition for Win10. Installed Win10 iso from boot to the separate partition. Previously labeled C drive as Win7 and D drive as Win10. Default boot is Win7. Works fine. On the boot screen I choose Win10....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win10 reset dual boot

2. dual boot win7 win10 crash