Windows 10: Win10 digital licence key

Discus and support Win10 digital licence key in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi I am wondering my Old PC says that i am activated like this windows is activated with a digital license linked to your microsoft account and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by MarijoVidović, Aug 4, 2019.

1. Win10 digital licence key

Hi

I am wondering my Old PC says that i am activated like this

windows is activated with a digital license linked to your microsoft account

and now i bought new PC and i want to transfer my licence and windows to new PC and old pc will not be used anymore.

Question is how can i do this?

:)

MarijoVidović, Aug 4, 2019
  2. mearnsy Win User

Win10 pro digital licence key not valid

Hello,

I have just bought a new laptop (ZBook), running windows 7pro, but it came with Win10 pro digital licence...in disc format. firstly, the laptop doesn't have a disc reader. which i knew about when purchasing, but hadn't realised that the digital licence would
    be provided in disc format. no biggie, i've got an external disc reader. However, when i go to install the upgrade, it gets to the end of the upgrade wizard and tells me that
    WINDOWS 10 SETUP HAS FAILED TO VALIDATE THE PRODUCT KEY

Why has this happened and what can i do about it? One of my reasons for buying the laptop is because of the upgrade....Otherwise, I would've chosen one of my other top choices. v frustrating.

any help gratefully received...

mearnsy, Aug 4, 2019
  3. kevvyb Win User
    Successful transfer of Win10 Pro digital licence

So this worked. Signed into MS on both machines, clicked change licence. After having to verify my identity on both machines, upgrade proceeded. I used my win7 pro retail key to install. When I checked the digital licence had been activated on the new machine.

Only issue was that I thought that the upgrade process had got stuck when it displayed the 'egg timer' with message 100% completed for about 45 minutes, before proceeding to update the machine to pro.

After the upgrade on new machine (digital licence transfer) I deactivated Win10 Pro on the old machine until I wipe it completely.

kevvyb, Aug 4, 2019
  4. Win10 digital licence key

Upgrade licence key to WIN10 online

Hi,

I installed WIN10 Pro Preview a couple of month ago to my step father computer. The Preview is getting to expiration and I try to make him upgrade to WIN10 (hard thing cause I'm not living in the same country as him).

The thing is, when he try to install WIN10 with the installer tool and try to enter the licence under his computer which is initially for WIN7 it doesn't work.

So I guess the best thing would be to install WIN7 back and upgrade but sounds not like the simpliest thing.

Is there a way to upgrade the licence key online ? Or can we call the support for software to ask them to upgrade the key ?

ThiebaNono, Aug 4, 2019
Thema:

Win10 digital licence key

1. Win10 digital licence key - Similar Threads - Win10 digital licence

2. Lost win10 digital licence

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost win10 digital licence: Hello, Please help me with this problem. I had win 7 and upgraded to win 10. I've reinstalled the system after some time but I couldn't activate the licence again. I was in hurry as I needed to solve something, so I've called and bought in 20 min another licence. I've...
  3. Digital licence

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Digital licence: I have been wanting to reinstall windows from scratch and get as clean a copy as possible for some time now and I been looking into it lately. I want to try and get rid if any ghosts partitions left behind such as my old windows 7 i can bring up on startup by clicking on F8 i...
  4. Digital Licence

Digital Licence: Dear sir, I am a ninth class student, I made a computer from my local shop, which did not have original windows, can I get a digital license of Windows please. Shourya Ingley...
  5. digital licence key

digital licence key: How do i find the licence key on my pc. it is an upgrade from windows 7 to w 10 I am signed in as admin & would like to know the key number for reference https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/digital-licence-key/cf6c69d1-5eb6-424b-93b8-67c10945a255
  6. digital licence or key

digital licence or key: Hi I just upgraded my windows 7 pro laptop and it says its activated with a digital licence. I also have a physical licence key which I purchased from an authorised seller of refurbished machines because I am selling one of their refurbished machines and I am getting it...
  7. Product Key & Digital Licence

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Product Key & Digital Licence: Want to know what is the difference in having a product key of Window OS 'OR' having Digital License of the same. Invite the comments https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/product-key-digital-licence/6beeebcc-3c92-4891-9220-5d7910b99ab6
  8. Digital licence

Digital licence: Hello, I have purchased a laptop and have signed in with a microsoft account the activate the windows, this is a year back. However now i have this problem of my windows edition showing i have windows pro but not activated. when i clicked the troubleshoot it tells me that i...
  9. Digital Licence

Digital Licence: How can I transfer my digitally licensed windows to my son's account as it is synced with my account and I am no longer able to use windows I would very much like to transfer my license to his account can I do that ? is there a way? please help me...
  10. digital licence

digital licence: with digital licence can ı upgrade to pro ver. ı was using it but ı had to replace pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/digital-licence/d3061a81-7cab-4a1e-965c-ee6d2bee87dc"