Windows 10: Win10 digital licence transfer to a new pc...POSSIBLE???

Discus and support Win10 digital licence transfer to a new pc...POSSIBLE??? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi there! Could anyone help me out with this.... before i had win7 product and i got a free to win10 and i updrageded it, in my activation status it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by VenkatSai, Nov 5, 2018.

1. VenkatSai Win User

Win10 digital licence transfer to a new pc...POSSIBLE???

Hi there!

Could anyone help me out with this....

before i had win7 product and i got a free to win10 and i updrageded it, in my activation status it says that windows is digitally licenced to ur Microsoft account and i no where find my win7 product key...now the problem arrive .. iam going to purchase a new laptop which has DOS os n i would like to install the same os again and take the old license to new laptop...is it possible...????

there is option that after a hardware change u can again activate ur windows by troubleshoot but here am talking a complete new hardware everything different..! one thing i need take the old license from that device and shutdown that old computer license and transfer it to my new laptop..!

sry i have repeated the same thing again n agian..!

could anyone up there answer my query!

:)

VenkatSai, Nov 5, 2018

2. Win10 licence transfer

I have a retail licence for win10 Pro on an old machine (that is obsolete and no longer used) and I would like a clear step by step guide as to how I can transfer this to a new machine that is currently running win10 home. I've tried upgrading with a win8.1
    retail key but that did not work. Contacting the local Microsoft helpline did not help either as apparently "this is no longer possible" despite the fact it is in the EULA.

Anyone know how to do this?

EscargotBrit, Nov 5, 2018
  3. kevvyb Win User
    Successful transfer of Win10 Pro digital licence

Hi I would put it this way from what I have learned:
    If you have a windows 7 (or presumably, 8 or 8.1) RETAIL channel licence (i.e. you had the discs and were previously able to install on new machines as you needed - uninstalling any others so that there was only one copy in use) then yes.

I had upgraded my old Win7 pro licence to Win10 Pro using the free upgrade offer from MS last year.

Now I want to use win10 pro on the new machine (which comes with Win10 Home) but I only have a digital win10 pro licence on the old machine (plus my old Win7 Pro licence).

The digital licence to win10 pro can apparently be 'transferred' to the new machine. I haven't done this yet but I am told this is effected by using a MSA (Microsoft account) and being logged into that account on both machines.

You then use the activation troubleshooter to select the licence on the old machine or alternatively performing a plain upgrade on the new machine and either entering the original win7 pro key or calling MS to activate over the telephone.

We'll see if it works. I'll post back.

kevvyb, Nov 5, 2018
  4. kevvyb Win User

Successful transfer of Win10 Pro digital licence

So this worked. Signed into MS on both machines, clicked change licence. After having to verify my identity on both machines, upgrade proceeded. I used my win7 pro retail key to install. When I checked the digital licence had been activated on the new machine.

Only issue was that I thought that the upgrade process had got stuck when it displayed the 'egg timer' with message 100% completed for about 45 minutes, before proceeding to update the machine to pro.

After the upgrade on new machine (digital licence transfer) I deactivated Win10 Pro on the old machine until I wipe it completely.

kevvyb, Nov 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Win10 digital licence transfer to a new pc...POSSIBLE??? - Similar Threads - Win10 digital licence

2. Transfer a licence to new PC

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfer a licence to new PC: I have a windows licence that I bought for an old pc that I have scrapped. I have another pc and wish to install Windows. Is it possible to deactivate my licence on the old PC that I no longer have so that I can use it again?...
  3. Transfer a licence to new PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer a licence to new PC: I have a windows licence that I bought for an old pc that I have scrapped. I have another pc and wish to install Windows. Is it possible to deactivate my licence on the old PC that I no longer have so that I can use it again?...
  4. Transferring a digital licence to a new computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferring a digital licence to a new computer: I am going to buy a new computer and I will buy a new windows 11 license for that new computer and the computer I am currently using has a windows 10 which is activated with a digital license linked to my Microsoft account. The problem is I want to format this computer and...
  5. Transferring a digital licence to a new computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transferring a digital licence to a new computer: I am going to buy a new computer and I will buy a new windows 11 license for that new computer and the computer I am currently using has a windows 10 which is activated with a digital license linked to my Microsoft account. The problem is I want to format this computer and...
  6. Transferring a digital licence to a new computer

7. Transfer Digital Licence

Transfer Digital Licence: Hi,I have just built a PC and want to transfer my Win 10 licence to the new build. I have seen guides to deactivate licence on old machine but I have no way of recording my licence key and am afraid of deactivating the old machine and being left with no active licence.Methods...
  8. Transferring a Windows 10 Digital Licence PC to a new owner?

Transferring a Windows 10 Digital Licence PC to a new owner?: My sister has a Windows 10 PC she is giving to my nephew and we are trying to figure out how to get the licence in his name? I need to do a full reinstall but with the licence tied to my sisters account how would I do it? It was a Windows 7 till she did the free upgrade. I...
  9. Transfer digital licence

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transfer digital licence: Hello, i recently bought a new PC and i cant transfer my digital licence from old pc for activating windows 10.. i have a digital licence linked to my microsoft account win 10 pro retail version.. can anyone help me ? and yes i tried the troubleshooter, and he didnt...
  10. Transfer of digital licence

Transfer of digital licence: I have a windows 10(home) laptop with digital licence linked to my email id. Now i want to sell the laptop to another person. Question 1- how can he/she get the licence or in other words how can I transfer my ownership to him/her. Question 2- will i have to buy a new...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. if win10 digital licence need to install in different pc

2. win10 licence

3. move windows license to usb Digital License

4. transfert win10 digital to new pc,
  5. win10 activation status,
  6. windows 10 digital certificate transfer to new computer,
  7. how to have successful digital licence windows