Windows 10: Win10 DirectPlay

Discus and support Win10 DirectPlay in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I tried to play Age of empire 3 its installed correctly and every thing is ok but I cant start it , DirectPlay required I tried to activate... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Al000, Jan 24, 2019.

1. Al000 Win User

Win10 DirectPlay

I tried to play Age of empire 3

its installed correctly and every thing is ok

but I cant start it , DirectPlay required

I tried to activate DirectPlay from "Control Panel/Turn windows features on or off and every time the same error "Windows couldn't complete the requested changes. The referenced assembly could not be found error code 0x80073701

sfc /scannow

Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.

Beginning verification phase of system scan.

Verification 100% complete.

Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

:)

Al000, Jan 24, 2019

2. Directplay on Windows 10

We both did this (me and the person asking this several posts above). Win10 DirectPlay :) There were others suggesting this (and of course, this is the way to have DIrectplay on window 10). The problem was that after the restart needed to complete the activation of Directplay
    the option was again disabled. There was a loop of errors. Directplay needed windows to restart and the restart deactivated Directplay. For me, only the reinstall worked. Win10 DirectPlay ;)

tiamat4455, Dec 16, 2019
  3. Fourch Win User
    DirectPlay protocol old games issue on Windows 10

Tried already, with no success.

Here is a hint written in the article :

• Windows 10 users may not be able to get this working at all, DirectPlay is pretty old and will not be in your favor when you run the game using reverse compatibility settings.

That's what made pop into my mind there should be an issue with DIrectPlay and WIndows 10

Fourch, Dec 16, 2019
  4. litefut92 Win User

Win10 DirectPlay

Directplay on Windows 10

******type the following into your windows search bar at the bottom left corner of the screen next to the start/windows icon:

"windows features" - turn on/off

open windows features.

scan the list for "legacy features"

open the expand (+) button to reveal "directplay"

check the box for "directplay"

allow windows to search for the required files and make changes

*enjoy playing antique games again*

----also you can visit this link to the person on youtube who showed me theses steps to like his video and find more helpful computer tips.----

cheers!

litefut92, Dec 16, 2019
Thema:

Win10 DirectPlay

1. Win10 DirectPlay - Similar Threads - Win10 DirectPlay

2. Remove CoPilot on Win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove CoPilot on Win10: I want to completely uninstall CoPilot from my personal computer. I am using Win10 and i do not want to just "hide" the icon. This program is using resources on my PC and i never plan on using it. Can you please tell me how to remove this?! this is so intrusive and...
  3. Remove CoPilot on Win10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove CoPilot on Win10: I want to completely uninstall CoPilot from my personal computer. I am using Win10 and i do not want to just "hide" the icon. This program is using resources on my PC and i never plan on using it. Can you please tell me how to remove this?! this is so intrusive and...
  4. Remove CoPilot on Win10

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Activate Windows after installing Win11 from Win10 without activating beforehand

Activate Windows after installing Win11 from Win10 without activating beforehand: I downloaded the Windows 11 23h2 ISO from the website and created a PXE image with MDT and WDS. Once the install was completed and I tried to activate windows it says it "can not validate my Product Key". I did not activate Windows 10 Pro system before installing the new...
  6. Activate Windows after installing Win11 from Win10 without activating beforehand

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activate Windows after installing Win11 from Win10 without activating beforehand: I downloaded the Windows 11 23h2 ISO from the website and created a PXE image with MDT and WDS. Once the install was completed and I tried to activate windows it says it "can not validate my Product Key". I did not activate Windows 10 Pro system before installing the new...
  7. Activate Windows after installing Win11 from Win10 without activating beforehand

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  8. migrate from win10 pro old pc to win11 pro new pc preinstalled with win11home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    migrate from win10 pro old pc to win11 pro new pc preinstalled with win11home: i have win10 pro on my old laptop that hw-incapable of supporting tpm 2.0; now i have new laptop preinstalled with win11 home. how do i upgrade the latter to win11pro for free that i couldn't on former laptop?...
  9. migrate from win10 pro old pc to win11 pro new pc preinstalled with win11home

migrate from win10 pro old pc to win11 pro new pc preinstalled with win11home: i have win10 pro on my old laptop that hw-incapable of supporting tpm 2.0; now i have new laptop preinstalled with win11 home. how do i upgrade the latter to win11pro for free that i couldn't on former laptop?...
  10. Show All Apps In Start Menu Win10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Show All Apps In Start Menu Win10: Hello All. Running win10 on my laptop and have to click the "all apps" on the start menu to see all programs. I go to Settings > Personalization > Start but the option to Show app list in Start menu does not exist. Is there any other way to show all apps in the start menu? Or...