Windows 10: [Win10] DirectX input does not always boot

Discus and support [Win10] DirectX input does not always boot in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This is a weird one. So as far as I know, occasionally direct input will just not boot. Any games that require it will either not run at all, or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jesfest, May 21, 2020.

1. Jesfest Win User

[Win10] DirectX input does not always boot

This is a weird one.

So as far as I know, occasionally direct input will just not boot. Any games that require it will either not run at all, or prompt an error message.

Direct X diagnostic itself also fails in regards to the input.

Here's the strange bit. 99% of the time I have yet to see this fail I can either reboot or log out/in, and it will work like nothing happened.

I have never had to dive into direct X before 10, so It's kind of shocking that I can't find an easy way to troubleshoot it.

I'm sure I can provide whatever information you need on request, but I don't currently know which information would help, only that it all points to Direct input being the culprit.

:)

Jesfest, May 21, 2020

2. Directx 12 on Windows 10 is gone

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10 Insider Preview.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are glad to assist you.

Try the following steps and check if it helps:

Step 1:

I suggest you to check the DirectX Version installed on your system.

Follow the below steps to check the DirectX Version:

• Press Windows key + R from the Desktop.
    • Type dxdiag and hit Enter.
    • Check the DirectX Version.

Step 2:

I suggest you to update the Graphic driver from the Device Manager and check if it works.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + R on the Keyboard.
    • Type in devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.
    • Select Graphic driver from the list.
    • Right click on the Graphic driver and click on Update driver Software.

If the issue persists then install the latest graphic driver from the manufacturer and check if it helps.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, May 21, 2020
  3. ram93 Win User
    laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, May 21, 2020
  4. Ian Ser Win User

DirectX directshow crash

Hello Coen,

We'd like to kindly ask the following questions so that we can isolate the issue and give you the appropriate resolution:

• What is the exact error you are receiving when your PC crashes?
    • Any troubleshooting steps that you have already applied to fix the issue?
    For now, we suggest that you install the latest version of DirectX to see if it resolves the issue. Below is the link on how to manually install it.

Manual installation the latest version of DirectX

We look forward on your update.

Ian Ser, May 21, 2020
Thema:

1. [Win10] DirectX input does not always boot - Similar Threads - Win10 DirectX input

2. Win10 does not boot after updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 does not boot after updates: This is an issue that started in late August. After downloading the then current batch of win updates, the system restarted, but did not boot I got the win logo with the circular booting icon, then it switched to black screen and the circular booting icon, and did nothing and...
  3. Win10 does not boot after updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10 does not boot after updates: This is an issue that started in late August. After downloading the then current batch of win updates, the system restarted, but did not boot I got the win logo with the circular booting icon, then it switched to black screen and the circular booting icon, and did nothing and...
  4. Win10 does not boot after updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Always show the input tool?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Always show the input tool?: As we use keyboard input tool like the English input tool on Windows 10, I think some of you are annoyed the input tool icon on the task bar automatically gets hidden when it's not used on the application and will be shown when you clicked the task bar from nowhere. For...
  6. Display driver does not always load at boot

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Display driver does not always load at boot: I have a Geforce GT730 graphics card in my PC. Following an automatic Windows 10 update I constantly get a corrupted screen and I have to re-boot sometimes once but often many times. I have tried updating the graphics driver and have reinstalled Windows and tried every...
  7. Display driver does not always load at boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Display driver does not always load at boot: I have a Geforce GT730 graphics card in my PC. Following an automatic Windows 10 update I constantly get a corrupted screen and I have to re-boot sometimes once but often many times. I have tried updating the graphics driver and have reinstalled Windows and tried every...
  8. WIN10 keyboard input does not work; Microsoft office 2010 keyboard input does work.

in Windows 10 Customization
    WIN10 keyboard input does not work; Microsoft office 2010 keyboard input does work.: After WIN10 boot, Cortina, CMD window, and Windows Setup search will not take local or remote keyboard input. However Microsoft Office 2010 apps do take both local and remote keyboard input. Any suggestions?...
  9. DirectX fails to get input info

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DirectX fails to get input info: I recently changed my hardware motherboard and RAM and did a clean install of Windows 10 Home. Ever since then, half of the time I try to boot a game that uses DirectX, the game fails to launch and/or crashes. This issue can be temporarily remedied by restarting the PC, but...
  10. No display output or keyboard input on booting startup win10?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    No display output or keyboard input on booting startup win10?: Problem: I've had a working desktop PC with windows 10 for 1-2 years. I bought and plugged in an external 4TB seagate harddrive and was copying over files when the task froze. I ended the "Windows Explorer" task to stop the process after waiting 5 minutes, which made my...