Windows 10: Win10 display auto-dimming/brightening

Discus and support Win10 display auto-dimming/brightening in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm on Lenovo Ideapad 510. Been using Win10 which came along with it for almost 1.5 years. From last 2 months, due to some update, selecting/opening an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by siva_scorpio, Jul 19, 2018.

1. Win10 display auto-dimming/brightening

I'm on Lenovo Ideapad 510. Been using Win10 which came along with it for almost 1.5 years. From last 2 months, due to some update, selecting/opening an app, dims the display if the background is black. In 5 steps, the dimming changes to a drastic level. The opposite happens when a white background is selected. The stupidest thing, is that, for white it should be dimming and for black, it should be brightening, but microsoft is doing opposite. This is getting slightly harmful to eyes - why doesn't it leave it to the user like before? Very noticeable at night. Tried many things like turning OFF Night-light, updating display drivers, night-mode OFF etc etc. Still this is the same. Any idea, to stop this?

:)

siva_scorpio, Jul 19, 2018
  2. Sharmian Win User

After upgrade to Windows 10, screen keeps dimming, then brightening!

I have updated the Display adapters as per another answer, but the dim/brighten/dim/brighten issues seems to be persisting. Can anyone suggest another remedy please. My laptop is an HP Pavilion.

Sharmian, Jul 19, 2018
  3. Shiflerg Win User
    Screen dimming and brightening on its own.

My monitor seems to be dimming and brightening on its own. My system is a desktop with a monitor which is really a flatscreen tv.

Everytime I close out something the screen dims. When I open up something it brightens again but it may not stay bright. When doing MS Word it will dim and brighten as I do key strokes or scrolling.

Right now as I'm composing this thread, it is staying bright.

I just scrolled up to the top of the screen and it dimmed (looking for post button which I now see is below and not up).

Shiflerg, Jul 19, 2018
  4. Shiflerg Win User

Win10 display auto-dimming/brightening

Screen dimming and brightening on its own.

Thanks for your input.

I tried another monitor/tv and it did not dim/brighten randomly. So I will now focus on the hannespree.

Thank you again.

Shiflerg, Jul 19, 2018
Thema:

Win10 display auto-dimming/brightening

1. Win10 display auto-dimming/brightening - Similar Threads - Win10 display auto

2. CONSTANT Sudden brightening of screen, then slow dimming with a SUDDEN brightening again.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CONSTANT Sudden brightening of screen, then slow dimming with a SUDDEN brightening again.: The screen on my windows desktop computers keep dimming and brightening. It is not the monitor, it only does it with 2 computers that run windows. It does not do it with the same desktop computers running the exact same hardware, with the exact same cables when they boot...
  3. CONSTANT Sudden brightening of screen, then slow dimming with a SUDDEN brightening again.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CONSTANT Sudden brightening of screen, then slow dimming with a SUDDEN brightening again.: The screen on my windows desktop computers keep dimming and brightening. It is not the monitor, it only does it with 2 computers that run windows. It does not do it with the same desktop computers running the exact same hardware, with the exact same cables when they boot...
  4. Display auto-dim

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display auto-dim: The display brightness on my LG gram 16" always changes to 50% when I wake the laptop. I already disabled auto-brightness in Settings, kept all drivers & the system up-to-date, and changed power options in Control Panel; but still doesn't work. This started happening on...
  5. Display auto-dim

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display auto-dim: The display brightness on my LG gram 16" always changes to 50% when I wake the laptop. I already disabled auto-brightness in Settings, kept all drivers & the system up-to-date, and changed power options in Control Panel; but still doesn't work. This started happening on...
  6. Display auto-dim

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Display dims and brightens randomly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display dims and brightens randomly: So I recently got this laptop a few days ago it's a Lenovo Yoga c740 14" and I've been having this weird issue that whenever I watch any type of videos my display dims a little bit and then brightens randomly. When I'm on a website this doesn't seem to happen it only happens...
  8. Screen auto dims when display is dark

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen auto dims when display is dark: Hi! I've had this issue and tried every single fix, yet nothing has worked. Recently bought a HP laptop model: 15s-fq1002na and I've noticed it has this annoying auto dimming feature. When the screen is light ie on a white webpage the screen is bright. When I switch to a...
  9. Screen randomly dims or brightens

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen randomly dims or brightens: My HP laptop recently started dimming or brightening randomly, while plugged in to charge. And for the past month my battery dies quickly with usage. I had to install a couple new apps, but they're through Microsoft store, and are off when not in use. What is happening?...
  10. Screen dimming and brightening on its own.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Screen dimming and brightening on its own.: My monitor seems to be dimming and brightening on its own. My system is a desktop with a monitor which is really a flatscreen tv. Everytime I close out something the screen dims. When I open up something it brightens again but it may not stay bright. When doing MS Word it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what is dimming the win10 screen