Windows 10: Win10 display resolution issues as soon connected once with DELL U2414H monitor

Discus and support Win10 display resolution issues as soon connected once with DELL U2414H monitor in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I have a DELL U2414H monitor connected independently to 3 different HP Laptops (e.g. Elitebook 840 G5, Zbook x360) with Win10 installed. Before... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ChristopherCi, Mar 4, 2019.

1. Win10 display resolution issues as soon connected once with DELL U2414H monitor

Hi,

I have a DELL U2414H monitor connected independently to 3 different HP Laptops (e.g. Elitebook 840 G5, Zbook x360) with Win10 installed.

Before I connected that particular DELL monitor to different Laptops I have tested the resolution with other monitors (e.g. HP LA2306, HP E233) and the resolution of all the tested monitors was good as expected.

Now the trouble starts when I interconnect the DELL monitor:

As soon I connected this DELL U2414H monitor to the above mentioned Laptops with WIN10 installed the resoultion of ALL SCREENS of all tested monitors (including the laptop own monitors) are getting so bad (unsharp; it looks like there are two non-sycnhrone pictures closed to each other) that it is not possible to work longer with them.

Please note this problem only happens on WIN10 PCs, on WIN-7 the monitor works fine!

The only soultion I have is to re-install WIN10 and never interconnect the DELL monitor.

I also deinstalled the drivers and graphic-drivers without any imporvment...

I already called DELL support, but they expect this behavior relies on WIN10.

Does somebody have already seen this issue and has any idea how I can fix that issue without re-installing Win10?

Thanks,

ChristopherCi

:)

ChristopherCi, Mar 4, 2019
  2. Jeff_42 Win User

Connected 2 exact same monitors but cannot set same resolution

I had a Dell UP3017 monitor connected via dock to my laptop. The resolution (recommended) is 2560x1600 at 59Hz. This setup worked flawlessly. I then connected a second Dell UP3017 and the 'Display Settings' will not allow me to set the new display to
    the same resolution. The max resolution listed is 2048x1080 at 24Hz. Also, 'Display Settings' does not give a recommended resolution in the list for this monitor. How do I get the displays to both go to 2560x1600?

Jeff_42, Mar 4, 2019
  3. riley1232 Win User
    Dual Monitors, Keeping Same Resolution

I have a laptop with a resolution of 1600 by 900 and I am connecting it to an external dell monitor to duplicate the displays. 1600 by 900 isn't supported on the list of resolutions after the monitor is connected, so I created a custom one in the Intel graphics properties after connecting the monitor. It seems to have set the custom resolution, however the laptop display still is blurry and does not look like it does when the external monitor is disconnected. Are there any other settings that need to be changed? I do not care if the external monitor is distorted, I just need the full resolution on the laptop.

riley1232, Mar 4, 2019
  4. jhearcht Win User

Win10 display resolution issues as soon connected once with DELL U2414H monitor

Win10 screen resolution

I recently upgraded my new Dell Inspiron mini-tower from Win8.1 to Win10. I noticed that icons on the desktop were chopped-off on the left side of the screen. So I tried various screen resolutions to make the display better fit the 17" monitor. Win10 kept suggesting that the normal resolution was 2040x1152, but the identical display on my old XP computer is at 1280x1024. When I finally tried the suggested resolution, the screen went black and only an error message was seen : "analog input. Windows cannot display this resolution". Unfortunately, with no display I was unable to go back to the original resolution. So I ended up wiping the hard drive and reinstalling Win8.1 before I could upgrade again to Win10.

Now I'm back to square one. And the icons are still chopped off. I tried the display slider at 125% scale, but that didn't help. I would appreciate any suggestions for getting my monitor to display all of the content without getting too small, or slicing off the edges. As I said before 1280x1024 looks good on XP. Thanks for your support.

jhearcht, Mar 4, 2019
Thema:

Win10 display resolution issues as soon connected once with DELL U2414H monitor

1. Win10 display resolution issues as soon connected once with DELL U2414H monitor - Similar Threads - Win10 display resolution

2. Correct monitor display resolution unlisted when second monitor is connected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Correct monitor display resolution unlisted when second monitor is connected: I am attempting to connect my laptop Dell Inspiron to a dual monitor arrangement one 1920x1080, and an ultrawide 3440x1440. When either single monitor is connected, the display resolution is correct and everything works well. However when connecting the second monitor, the...
  3. monitor resolution issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    monitor resolution issue: I recently accidently changed my monitor's resolution to a higher one and now it only shows "Input not supported", It is an old acer monitor, I use a vga cable converter to hdmi to connect to my windows 10 dell laptop. When I plug in the hdmi connecting the monitor to the...
  4. monitor resolution issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    monitor resolution issue: I recently accidently changed my monitor's resolution to a higher one and now it only shows "Input not supported", It is an old acer monitor, I use a vga cable converter to hdmi to connect to my windows 10 dell laptop. When I plug in the hdmi connecting the monitor to the...
  5. Display resolution issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display resolution issues: Hi all At my wits end! I came home yesterday to find my screen resolution had altered presumably during an automatic update or alternatively a power cut. I have a 24 inch monitor which handles a 1920 x 1080 resolution. The maximum showing on the device manager display tab...
  6. resolution issue with27" philips display monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    resolution issue with27" philips display monitor: Hi, I have just upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 and cannot get my monitor to have the resolution of 1020x1080 as recommended Philips 273v7qdsb/79 27". Screen appears stretched. Have upgraded the adapter driver and the monitor driver. No luck, No option on Windows 10...
  7. Resolution Display issue with LG monitor can't change

Resolution Display issue with LG monitor can't change: Hi Hope this is right place to post. I'm having a issue with the LG ips led 27mp59ht monitor. I can't change display resolution. It's stuck on 1280 x 1024 stretched wide even though within the pc the display is changed to 1920 x 1080. Each time I reboot the pc the monitor...
  8. Resolution Display issue with LG monitor can't change

in Windows 10 Support
    Resolution Display issue with LG monitor can't change: Hi Hope this is right place to post. I'm having a issue with the LG ips led 27mp59ht monitor. I can't change display resolution. It's stuck on 1280 x 1024 stretched wide even though within the pc the display is changed to 1920 x 1080. Each time I reboot the pc the monitor...
  9. Monitor Resolution Issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor Resolution Issue: I recently got a Samsung 22A300B 21.5" 1080p 60Hz as my temp 3rd monitor. When I hooked it up to my computer through my GTX1080, (even though the monitor says that the optimal resolution for it to be set at is 1080p) windows won't let me increase the resolution above...
  10. Monitor Resolution Issue

Monitor Resolution Issue: Since upgrading my desktop PC to Windows 10, I've been having an issue with the monitor. Icons are large, and stretched out. So, I went in to change the resolution, and noticed that they display reads as "Generic Non-PnP Monitor," and when I try to change it to a higher...