Windows 10: Win10 DLNA can see folders but not video files, folder looks empty

Discus and support Win10 DLNA can see folders but not video files, folder looks empty in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have streaming turned on. I have added my A:\Video directory where my videos are to my Video library. On my Roku TV, I see my windows DLNA server,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by digifoss, Mar 23, 2021.

1. digifoss Win User

Win10 DLNA can see folders but not video files, folder looks empty

I have streaming turned on. I have added my A:\Video directory where my videos are to my Video library. On my Roku TV, I see my windows DLNA server, and I see the VIDEO folder but cant see the videos, it looks empty even though there are 100 videos in it. Dont see any straight forward way to correct this.

:)

digifoss, Mar 23, 2021
  2. Bree Win User

Welcome to Ten Forums. @skcusime is correct. When you have video streaming turned on, then only the videos that are listed in the Windows Media Player library will be seen when you look at the video server from your TV.

If you can't get the video library to list all your files, an alternative way to watch videos is to start it playing from the PC rather than from the TV. You can right-click on a video file and use 'Cast to device' to send it to the TV.

3. skcusime Win User

Is the folder shown in the Video Library Locations? The easiest way to check and/or fix, is to open Windows Media player, Organize -> Manage Libraries -> Videos and then add the folder containing your videos. It will populate all the contents of the folder, and they should then be available to your DLNA devices

skcusime, Mar 23, 2021
  4. digifoss Win User

I have streaming turned on. I have added my A:\Video directory where my videos are to my Video library. On my Roku TV, I see my windows DLNA server, and I see the VIDEO folder but cant see the videos, it looks empty even though there are 100 videos in it. Dont see any straight forward way to correct this.

digifoss, Mar 23, 2021
Thema:

1. Win10 DLNA can see folders but not video files, folder looks empty - Similar Threads - Win10 DLNA folders

2. Empty folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Empty folders: I uploaded folders and files to OneDrive to save them because my laptop needed a new motherboard and would be factory reset. Now I'm trying to get the items back on to my laptop but OneDrive says the folders are empty?In Files Explorer, I can see a cloud beside the items I...
  3. Why do I repeatedly see "Empty Folder" when I'm looking for files, photos, and videos??...

Why do I repeatedly see "Empty Folder" when I'm looking for files, photos, and videos??...: Dell Latitude laptop, 6 years old. Replaced C:\ & D:\ recently.Device name DESKTOP-CLM7KDVProcessor IntelR CoreTM i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.60 GHzInstalled RAM 16.0 GB 15.9 GB usableDevice ID D28B3D0D-9303-4F26-AB63-3E37B7F306B3Product ID 00342-50687-30388-AAOEMSystem type...
  4. Why do I repeatedly see "Empty Folder" when I'm looking for files, photos, and videos??...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do I repeatedly see "Empty Folder" when I'm looking for files, photos, and videos??...: Dell Latitude laptop, 6 years old. Replaced C:\ & D:\ recently.Device name DESKTOP-CLM7KDVProcessor IntelR CoreTM i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.60 GHzInstalled RAM 16.0 GB 15.9 GB usableDevice ID D28B3D0D-9303-4F26-AB63-3E37B7F306B3Product ID 00342-50687-30388-AAOEMSystem type...
  5. Why do I repeatedly see "Empty Folder" when I'm looking for files, photos, and videos??...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. DLNA Folders disappeared

DLNA Folders disappeared: I have had a DLNA media server set up on my Windows 10 PC for a couple of years. A few days ago my folders disappeared from view. I can see my video files, but just all clumped together. When I look for my folders, they are gone. Files are visible, but folders are gone. I...
  7. Win10 DLNA can see folders but not video files, folder looks empty

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 DLNA can see folders but not video files, folder looks empty: I have streaming turned on. I have added my A:\Video directory where my videos are to my Video library. On my Roku TV, I see my windows DLNA server, and I see the VIDEO folder but cant see the videos, it looks empty even though there are 100 videos in it. Dont see any...
  8. Desktop empty but there are files in the folder?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop empty but there are files in the folder?: So my father has the problem that nothing is displayed on the desktop of his laptop. Even after he reboots. In the files folder under the desktop, the files that are no longer visible are stored normally. Whatever he changed, how do you fix it? It's a Windows 10 laptop if...
  9. Folder is Empty when looking at Networked Computer

Folder is Empty when looking at Networked Computer: In File Explorer, when I click on Network and then the icon for my computer, it shows the words "This folder is empty." When I click on This PC in File Explorer, all my drives and folders are visible. I can click on another computer in the network and after signing in, all...
  10. In DLNA client I can see my PC-folders but not my music files in there

In DLNA client I can see my PC-folders but not my music files in there: Streaming is turned on on my PC (W10). Using BubbleUpnP on my android phone. When selecting my PC as a server then navigating to my folders with my music, mp3 and wav, I see all folders, but these folders are shown as empty. I tried other DLNA clients, but they also show...