Windows 10: Win10 does it have a DVD & CD player? Computer is Inspiron 3650 did work now after...

Discus and support Win10 does it have a DVD & CD player? Computer is Inspiron 3650 did work now after... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Win10 does it have a DVD & CD player? Computer is Inspiron 3650 did work now after updates, neither works! I purchased an Slim drive USB 3.0 and plug... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BillieLackey, Feb 17, 2019.

1. Win10 does it have a DVD & CD player? Computer is Inspiron 3650 did work now after...

Win10 does it have a DVD & CD player? Computer is Inspiron 3650 did work now after updates, neither works!

I purchased an Slim drive USB 3.0 and plug it in and it will open door to place disk in, but does not play?

:)

BillieLackey, Feb 17, 2019
  2. Ivann1938 Win User

DVD/CD Player not working

I have a Lenovo G505s Laptop with Windows 10 and a DVD/ CD Player that suddenly does not work. The computer tells me the drivers are OK. I have been into Device Manager and uninstalled and reinstalled both the DVD player and the associated controller without success. The DVD player appears to be working OK ( I can hear it working and the small power light comes on ) but for some reason the system does not recognise it . I am reluctant to get involved in registry changes ( suggested as a possible source of the problem ) as I am not too computer savvy.

Ivann1938, Feb 17, 2019
  3. Darryl195 Win User
    CD/DVD Player/Burner Not working after Win10 Installation

How can I fix the cd/dvd player burner in my HP laptop ? Since installation of Windows 10 (was using Win7), the player will not work. any suggestions ? My understanding is that this is a very common problem with Win10 because there is no player for the cd
    dvd now. I tried a suggestion to install a media player "VLC" but it still won't work, I just keep getting an Error message window when I hit play. The error message is "Your input can't be opened: VLC is unable to open the MRL 'cdda:///G:/' ".

Any suggestions ???

Thanks

Darryl195, Feb 17, 2019
  4. Johni2 Win User

Win10 does it have a DVD & CD player? Computer is Inspiron 3650 did work now after...

CD/DVD Player not working

The CD/DVD player on my desktop pc, has become very unreliable, since updating to windows 10

Problem:

With a CD/DVD inserted into the player .

• 1% of the time it works correctly and play a CD without any problems.

• 99% of the time it does not acknowledge the disk, a green light flashes 6 or 7 times and then goes back to do nothing mode.

• If I try to start the CD directly in windows explorer, a dialog box appears instructing me to insert a disk. I know these disks to be working.

Troubleshooting carried out

• The device manager reports the device is working properly.
    • Checked the drivers are up-to date,
    • Uninstalled the drivers
    • Scanned for hardware changes
    • Uninstalled the hardware
    • Rebooted several times
    • Scanned with DeviceDiagnostic Troubleshooting Pack Cabinet (.diagcab)
    • Checked all the cable connections
    • Did a control panel troubleshoot and Reconfigure hardware (cd player worked when I did a restart, but only the once and then continued the error)

Johni2, Feb 17, 2019
Thema:

Win10 does it have a DVD & CD player? Computer is Inspiron 3650 did work now after...

1. Win10 does it have a DVD & CD player? Computer is Inspiron 3650 did work now after... - Similar Threads - Win10 does DVD

2. CD/DVD player

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CD/DVD player: I've plugged my external cd/dvd player in, and I can see it under this PC, but it wont load the disc to play. When the disc is partially in the player, I can use the eject button to eject the disc....
  3. cd dvd players

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    cd dvd players: All 3 of my Dell computers Windows 10, latest updates installed} freeze up when trying to read DVD+rw discs. When I click on a file on ANY disc,tried many discs the computers just lock up, D drive is deleted, and I have to do a reboot to get them started again. Tried...
  4. Will External USB DVD Player/Recorder Work on Dell Inspiron 3650

Will External USB DVD Player/Recorder Work on Dell Inspiron 3650: I am having problems with the internal CD/DVD device that is part of my Dell Inspiron 3650 desk top. I am thinking about purchasing a external USB connection player/recorder device in its place. Anyone know why this should not work ? Any suggestions on which device to...
  5. CD/DVD player will not work

CD/DVD player will not work: Has there been an update to fix the issue with the CD/DVD players not working after the change to Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cddvd-player-will-not-work/8583962c-d624-4909-9590-8028aa769419
  6. DVD/CD player not working

DVD/CD player not working: There is some kind of glitch with my windows media player on my windows 10, possibly the last up date? At first a few DVDs did play automatically but now nothing will play. There is no way to prompt the media player to play a CD or DVD! And even my other DVD player VLC will...
  7. DVD/CD player

DVD/CD player: I need help. My DVD/CD player is not working on my HP laptop. It just whirs around but never opens. I did play a music video not long ago and it worked great but now the CD does not work. I really would like to get the CD pictures off it....
  8. dvd/cd Player not working

dvd/cd Player not working: hi since windows 10 upgrade I am unable to play CDs on my laptop or DVDs DVD/CD player will not open to play , I have checked bios, reloaded drivers ect https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvdcd-player-not-working/bdc8115e-a5f3-41f3-8095-a35a335422dc
  9. CD/DVD player does not work after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CD/DVD player does not work after Windows 10 update: TSSTcorp CDDVDW SU - 208d8 driver does not work after upgrade to Windows 10. I enabled the Resolution+ Plug-in for Windows Media Player and still does not work. Please advise on what I can do to get my PC to play the DVDs. It does recognize what's in the player but doesn't...
  10. DVD/CD Player not working

DVD/CD Player not working: I have a Lenovo G505s Laptop with Windows 10 and a DVD/ CD Player that suddenly does not work. The computer tells me the drivers are OK. I have been into Device Manager and uninstalled and reinstalled both the DVD player and the associated controller without success. The DVD...