Windows 10: Win10 does not recognize internet connection

Discus and support Win10 does not recognize internet connection in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Windows 10 does not recognize my internet connection. Win10 sees my Wifi router, and will connect to it, but does not see the internet. However, other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Westew, Dec 17, 2019.

1. Westew Win User

Win10 does not recognize internet connection

Windows 10 does not recognize my internet connection. Win10 sees my Wifi router, and will connect to it, but does not see the internet. However, other non-microsoft apps, such as Firefox and Thunderbird are installed and, are connected to the internet perfectly fine through this same Wifi router connection. I'm posting this using Firefox. Edge is useless as it thinks there is no internet. Other computer and my phone are also connected to this wifi router with no problem. THis is an ASUS Vivobook laptop, so wifi only, no ethernet jack, got it from NewwEgg about a week ago. It worked fine for the first couple of days until it installed some updates and did a restart. It has not worked properly since. I've tried network reset, reboots, and other hardware resets. Nothing works. What is wrong?

:)

Westew, Dec 17, 2019
  2. zmlc29 Win User

network and internet

this hard drive is not connected to my computer, it is connected to my wireless router.

after scanning for hardware changes as you suggested in step one, there is no usb hard drive
    listed on my computer, either in the device manager, or in the network list in file manager which includes both computers connected to the router. this computer is recognizing the router, internet, and other computers connected to the router.
    it is not recognizing the hard drive connected tot he wireless router.

I checked my wireless router to see if the usb hard drive is discoverable and verified that it is.

zmlc29, Jan 9, 2020
  3. sttubs Win User
    Ext Hdd not always recognized since upgrading to Win 10

I've noticed since upgrading from Win7 to Win10 my external hard drive is not recognized all of the time. I hear the connection sound that Windows makes but my hard drive is not listed & cannot be accessed. The drive's health checks out just fine & still easily connects to another Win7 machine. Is this common with Win10, any fixes?

sttubs, Jan 9, 2020
  4. Westew Win User

Windows 10 does not recognize my internet connection. Win10 sees my Wifi router, and will connect to it, but does not see the internet. However, other non-microsoft apps, such as Firefox and Thunderbird are installed and, are connected to the internet
    perfectly fine through this same Wifi router connection. I'm posting this using Firefox. Edge is useless as it thinks there is no internet. Other computer and my phone are also connected to this wifi router with no problem. THis is an ASUS Vivobook laptop,
    so wifi only, no ethernet jack, got it from NewwEgg about a week ago. It worked fine for the first couple of days until it installed some updates and did a restart. It has not worked properly since. I've tried network reset, reboots, and other hardware resets.
    Nothing works. What is wrong?

Westew, Jan 9, 2020
Thema:

1. Win10 does not recognize internet connection - Similar Threads - Win10 does recognize

2. Windows 7 Does not recognize Wireless Internet Connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 Does not recognize Wireless Internet Connection: Hello, My friend's Windows 7 PC Does not recognize or detect my Wireless Router, I've run a few virus scans and found out that's not the problem, It detects the connection if i use an ethernet cable, but does not allow me to connect to the Internet....
  3. Windows 7 Does not recognize Wireless Internet Connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 7 Does not recognize Wireless Internet Connection: Hello, My friend's Windows 7 PC Does not recognize or detect my Wireless Router, I've run a few virus scans and found out that's not the problem, It detects the connection if i use an ethernet cable, but does not allow me to connect to the Internet....
  4. Lost connection to internet - Win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost connection to internet - Win10: I am suddenly not able to connect to the internet on my Windows 10 laptop using either ethernet or wifi older Gateway NV57H94u. No problems connecting other devices I'm writing this on my iMac, but I also tried to reset modem-router just in case. I am at a loss for what...
  5. Lost connection to internet - Win10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost connection to internet - Win10: I am suddenly not able to connect to the internet on my Windows 10 laptop using either ethernet or wifi older Gateway NV57H94u. No problems connecting other devices I'm writing this on my iMac, but I also tried to reset modem-router just in case. I am at a loss for what...
  6. Lost connection to internet - Win10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Win10 not recognizing ethernet connection

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 not recognizing ethernet connection: Last night 12.2.21 Windows worked well. It wanted to install some updates, which I allowed as "Update and shutdown" Today Windows didn't boot. A number of automated repairs attempts failed do they ever succeed?. I reinstalled it from a USB drive. version from 9.1.2020...
  8. My Win10 can't recognize that i have an internet connection.

My Win10 can't recognize that i have an internet connection.: My Win10 can't recognize that I have an internet connection. I've tried to surf this platform for similar problems and all of the suggested solutions didn't help. I tried to run the ethernet diagnosis window but it keeps saying " an error occurred while troubleshooting,...
  9. Windows 10 does not recognize internet connection

Windows 10 does not recognize internet connection: Hello, I am having an issue with my laptop's internet connection. I am able to access the internet via my browser and many other applications, however Windows itself and some other applications that I need to use are unable to connect to the internet. This includes the...
  10. Win10 Internet connection issues

Win10 Internet connection issues: Greetings, since a few days i do have quite some issues regarding my Internet Connection on my PC. I´m not able to connect to certain websites, like Wetter, Wettervorhersage & Wetterbericht | wetter.com. Youtube on the other hand works without a flaw. Also some Software...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft not recogniing internet

2. how does win10 know it is connected to the internet

3. win10 not internet connection detected

4. windows not recognizing internet connection