Windows 10: WIN10: DOES NOT REFRESH WHEN CREATING OR DELETING FOLDER

Discus and support WIN10: DOES NOT REFRESH WHEN CREATING OR DELETING FOLDER in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, The problem is tha when a create a new folder, or delete one, I need to press F5 refresh in order to see the changes... Thanks a lot! Dante... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Ing. DanteSonaglioni, Mar 20, 2020.

1. WIN10: DOES NOT REFRESH WHEN CREATING OR DELETING FOLDER

Hi,

The problem is tha when a create a new folder, or delete one, I need to press F5 refresh in order to see the changes...

Thanks a lot!

Dante

:)

Ing. DanteSonaglioni, Mar 20, 2020

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused WIN10: DOES NOT REFRESH WHEN CREATING OR DELETING FOLDER :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well WIN10: DOES NOT REFRESH WHEN CREATING OR DELETING FOLDER :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Mar 20, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Mar 20, 2020
  4. jimhoyle Win User

WIN10: DOES NOT REFRESH WHEN CREATING OR DELETING FOLDER

Win10 Explorer doesn't refresh after creating a new folder

It seems this is a fairly common problem. At least for my ~5 different Windows 10 computers, it happens all the time. It's probably easiest to reproduce this problem by navigating any network share folder on Explorer and then creating a new folder. But it happens also on local folders. In Windows 7 I would use right mouse, New, Folder. Then I would quickly write my desired folder name, enter. Done. However, in Windows 10 what happens is one of the following:
    • The new folder doesn't even appear at all. I have to press F5 (refresh) to make it appear. Then if I rename, it still may not change the name and again I have to press F5 to see my new folder name (and if quickly navigating to New folder it of course says it doesn't exist because in reality I already renamed it).
    • New folder appears, but renaming causes the refresh problem mentioned above.
    • Everything works fine (except speed of updating seems sluggish compared to Windows 7).

What is the reason Windows 10 is so bad at this? Why are they not fixing this problem? This is one of the core functions in an operating system and it has gone so bad compared to fast and nicely working Windows 7. (There are also other similar slow/bad features in Win10 which is the reason I clearly prefer Win7 over Win10 even there are increasingly more compatibility issues for the dying Win7.)

One suggestion found was to uninstall all network adapters in Device Manager. I'm not sure if that fixes is, at least permanently. I'm looking for an answer why the problem occurs in the first place?

jimhoyle, Mar 20, 2020
Thema:

WIN10: DOES NOT REFRESH WHEN CREATING OR DELETING FOLDER

1. WIN10: DOES NOT REFRESH WHEN CREATING OR DELETING FOLDER - Similar Threads - WIN10 DOES REFRESH

2. File Explorer does not refresh automatically when creating new folders, deleting items, etc.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File Explorer does not refresh automatically when creating new folders, deleting items, etc.: There is a bug with Windows that has been around for a while now and that is that the Desktop and File Explorer do not refresh automatically when a mapped network drive is no longer connected. To my disappointment, this bug is still present in Windows 10 and Windows 11. When...
  3. Explorer doesn't refresh when creating folders or files, why?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Explorer doesn't refresh when creating folders or files, why?: I have a user who is having issues with his explorer on Windows 10 latest build. When creating folders or files, the explorer isn't refreshing and has to manually refresh to see changes made to the folder. I've tried numerous solutions and I was just wondering if someone has...
  4. Explorer doesn't refresh when creating folders or files, why?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer doesn't refresh when creating folders or files, why?: I have a user who is having issues with his explorer on Windows 10 latest build. When creating folders or files, the explorer isn't refreshing and has to manually refresh to see changes made to the folder. I've tried numerous solutions and I was just wondering if someone has...
  5. Explorer doesn't refresh when creating folders or files, why?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Issues when creating/renaming/deleting a folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues when creating/renaming/deleting a folder: So, when I'm trying to create/rename/delete a folder in the "desktop" it asks for Administrator permission everytime, it works if I give the permission but it's really annoying to do it everytime. Even if I want rename a file or folder or a program in inside the main folder...
  7. Issues when creating/renaming/deleting a folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues when creating/renaming/deleting a folder: So, when I'm trying to create/rename/delete a folder in the "desktop" it asks for Administrator permission everytime, it works if I give the permission but it's really annoying to do it everytime. Even if I want rename a file or folder or a program in inside the main folder...
  8. Win10 Deleted Folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win10 Deleted Folders: I have Windows 10 Pro v1909 18363.1802 My SSD boot drive C: has 10GB free of 74. Abruptly last weekend there was like 20 minutes of continuous drive activity. There was no message or alert from Windows. After the drive activity, everything continued fine. HOWEVER, when I...
  9. "The file or folder does not exist" when creating a folder

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "The file or folder does not exist" when creating a folder: Hello, I had a mklink folder created in my Dropbox folder. It was My Documents folder. I since removed it and I want to create a folder called Documents in my Dropbox folder. When I try to create this folder I get ""The file or folder does not exist" error and then a folder...
  10. Win10 Explorer doesn't refresh after creating a new folder

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Win10 Explorer doesn't refresh after creating a new folder: It seems this is a fairly common problem. At least for my ~5 different Windows 10 computers, it happens all the time. It's probably easiest to reproduce this problem by navigating any network share folder on Explorer and then creating a new folder. But it happens also on...