Windows 10: Win10 doesn't recognize new monitor

Discus and support Win10 doesn't recognize new monitor in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi MicrosoftI bought a new monitor... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by pondus999, Jan 18, 2022.

1. pondus999 Win User

Win10 doesn't recognize new monitor

Hi MicrosoftI bought a new monitor https://www.power.dk/computere-og-tablets/monitorer-og-skaerme/pc-skaerme/msi-optix-g273qfw-27-gamingskaerm/p-1173633/?q=G273QFW and plugged it in and everything was working perfect. 2560x1440 and 165hz. Happy me.I unplugged my setup to set it up at a friends house for the weekend. Now I can't choose 2560x1440. 165hz is available though. Windows recognize my monitor as MSI MAG272? I have tried:- uninstall device from device manager and install drivers from msi - display driver uninstaller in safe mode- another DP cablePlease, I'm bout to go insane

:)

pondus999, Jan 18, 2022
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Win10 doesn't recognize new monitor [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Jan 18, 2022
  3. CyrrusV Win User
    hd6950 to hd 6970

ok
    i ve tried everything:with atiflash from dos,winflash.step by step with bios powercolor hd 6970 from the database.
    nothing,doesn´t work.any suggestion????

CyrrusV, Jan 18, 2022
  4. Win10 doesn't recognize new monitor

Win10 does not recognize my monitor.

Hello Radney - no, my issue is not yet resolved. Cables are correctly installed. I'm running a DP cable from the DP port on the Nvidia 1080GTX card directly to the ASUS MG28UQ monitor. The problem is that the Win10 Device Manager recognizes only a "generic
    PnP" monitor on the Monitor tab. I believe this is affecting my ability to run some games, which are installed properly but won't load. I have also tried changing cables to an HDMI connection at both the graphics card and monitor - no difference. FYI, the
    Nvidia control panel recognizes the ASUS monitor, but Win10 doesn't seem to. All device drivers are updated, as is the BIOS. Thanks for following up. Any help greatly appreciated.

DavidBlake0555, Jan 18, 2022
Thema:

Win10 doesn't recognize new monitor

1. Win10 doesn't recognize new monitor - Similar Threads - Win10 doesn't recognize

2. Win10 doesn't recognize new monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 doesn't recognize new monitor: Hi MicrosoftI bought a new monitor https://www.power.dk/computere-og-tablets/monitorer-og-skaerme/pc-skaerme/msi-optix-g273qfw-27-gamingskaerm/p-1173633/?q=G273QFW and plugged it in and everything was working perfect. 2560x1440 and 165hz. Happy me.I unplugged my setup to set...
  3. Win10 doesn't recognize new monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10 doesn't recognize new monitor: Hi MicrosoftI bought a new monitor https://www.power.dk/computere-og-tablets/monitorer-og-skaerme/pc-skaerme/msi-optix-g273qfw-27-gamingskaerm/p-1173633/?q=G273QFW and plugged it in and everything was working perfect. 2560x1440 and 165hz. Happy me.I unplugged my setup to set...
  4. Win10 Doesn't Recognize Second User Profile

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Win10 Doesn't Recognize Second User Profile: I bought a new Acer Aspire 5 laptop that has a fingerprint scanner built in. It's running Win10 and will be used by two people: my wife and I.After the laptop was fully charged I began the setup. I got Wifi connectivity established and created my profile including fingerprint...
  5. Win10 doesn't recognize SD-card removal

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win10 doesn't recognize SD-card removal: I never had this problem with Windows 7, nor with Windows 10 Pro after I upgraded. However, I recently replaced motherboard, etc in my system, and did a clean Windows 10 Pro installation on a new drive. Activation was successful with no problems. Now, if I plug an SD card...
  6. Win10 doesn't recognize SD-card removal

Win10 doesn't recognize SD-card removal: I never had this problem with Windows 7, nor with Windows 10 Pro after I upgraded. However, I recently replaced motherboard, etc in my system, and did a clean Windows 10 Pro installation on a new drive. Activation was successful with no problems. Now, if I plug an SD card...
  7. win10 doesn't recognize my password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    win10 doesn't recognize my password: how to reset my account password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10-doesnt-recognize-my-password/8580298c-ffee-4b64-b250-80809cea01bb
  8. my new monitor is not recognized by pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my new monitor is not recognized by pc: I’ve bought a monitor MSI g27c2 but my computer does not recognise it. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-new-monitor-is-not-recognized-by-pc/9e3424aa-27f4-4fb7-ab30-ed99f84c67a4
  9. New Laptop not recognizing old monitor

New Laptop not recognizing old monitor: 've been looking for a cheap way to set up a monitor so that I can view better. I purchased a HDMI to VGA converter, but for some reason the monitor is not "detectable."...
  10. Win10 doesn't always recognize my password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Win10 doesn't always recognize my password: This happened back in July, then again last month. At boot up win10 does not recognize my sign in password for my local user account. Since I know my password I typed it in again, no good. I spent the rest of the day retrying my password. Must have typed it in 100 times, then...