Windows 10: Win10 doesnt recognize speakers

Discus and support Win10 doesnt recognize speakers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I upgraded from XP to 10 today and now am stuck with a problem that is rather annoying. With XP everything plays but with 10 I have to tap the cable... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JanKristjan, Nov 25, 2018.

1. Win10 doesnt recognize speakers

I upgraded from XP to 10 today and now am stuck with a problem that is rather annoying. With XP everything plays but with 10 I have to tap the cable for it to work, and that works when I get lucky. Have tried reinstalling drivers and many tutorials, no hope. It's like it works only when it's in it's sweet spot, but its only with the windows 10. Also when I try to go under the audio tab in settings it doesn't load and closes itself after some time.

:)

JanKristjan, Nov 25, 2018

2. Headphones recognized as Speakers...

Hi Ahri,

Having your headphones recognized as speaker when plugged in at the back of your PC could be the reason why the audio is low. To help us isolate the problem, we suggest running first the audio troubleshooter from the link Fix
    sound problems

In case the issue persists, then let's remap or retask your Realtek audio jack and see if it addresses the issue. To do that, follow the steps below:

• Open the Realtek HD Audio Manager.
    • In the back panel, right click the option where your headphone is connected.
    • Choose the option Connector Retasking, then select Headphone.

Feel free to update us with the result so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Nov 25, 2018
  3. External Speaker Problems with Windows 10

I have a set of external speakers that have been working fine on Win10 for nearly a year. Suddenly, my computer won't even recognize that any speakers are even plugged into any or the audio output jacks.

• I have tried updating the drivers numerous times.
    • When I run the troubleshooter, it only tells me to plug in the speakers.
    • I can't adjust the volume, because, again, the computer does not believe there are any speakers to adjust.
    • I have tried plugging another set of speakers into the computer with no change.
    • And, I have tried playing audio from my smartphone on both sets of speakers, and the speakers work just fine.

Really frustrated here. If anyone has any additional suggestions, please let me know.

Thanks!!

ThomasHillebrant, Nov 25, 2018
  4. Win10 doesnt recognize speakers

Speakers not recognized after Win 10 Reset

We appreciate your response. Have you tried checking/using your speaker on a different computer? This is to check if it is a hardware related issue. If the speaker is working fine on a different computer; then, we suggest that you try installing the latest
    audio driver, and check if it works for you. Below are the steps:

• Press Windows + X keys and click
      Device Manager
    • Expand the Sound, Video and game controllers.
    • Right-click on the Sound card and click on Update driver software.
    • Restart the computer and check.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Nov 25, 2018
Thema:

Win10 doesnt recognize speakers

1. Win10 doesnt recognize speakers - Similar Threads - Win10 doesnt recognize

2. what to do if my computer doesnt recognize the internal speakers on my laptop?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    what to do if my computer doesnt recognize the internal speakers on my laptop?: i asked this before but i still need help!!!I have been using this computer for a bit and i didn't face any problems relating to sound. One day, i tried using my bluetooth headset with it and since then I can't play any sound without them. When they're not connected the icon...
  3. what to do if my computer doesnt recognize the internal speakers on my laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what to do if my computer doesnt recognize the internal speakers on my laptop?: i asked this before but i still need help!!!I have been using this computer for a bit and i didn't face any problems relating to sound. One day, i tried using my bluetooth headset with it and since then I can't play any sound without them. When they're not connected the icon...
  4. what to do if my computer doesnt recognize the internal speakers on my laptop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Speaker/Headphone doesnt separate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Speaker/Headphone doesnt separate: how to separate this speaker and headphone on my laptop cuz i just recently reset my pc because it keeps freezing after the reset this is what happen. can you help me how to fix this...
  6. Speaker/Headphone doesnt separate

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Speaker/Headphone doesnt separate: how to separate this speaker and headphone on my laptop cuz i just recently reset my pc because it keeps freezing after the reset this is what happen. can you help me how to fix this...
  7. Earphones recognized as speaker

Earphones recognized as speaker: My laptop runs on Windows 10 pro. i have been using it for 4 months now but today the speaker was not emitting any sound and I can only hear a sound when i plug in an earphone. I already tried installing and updated realtek driver but still the same.In the picture: the...
  8. Headphone recognized as speakers

Headphone recognized as speakers: I recently bought the Eksa 900 pro headset, and, because I want the lights on the headset to be used, I use the usb connection mode. Here comes the problem: when I connect my headset do the computer, who doesn't have either realtek HD audio manager nor realtek audio console,...
  9. Doesn't recognize speakers

Doesn't recognize speakers: After updating to 1903, I can no longer swap between default audio output devices, as my speakers aren't recognized when my headphones are plugged in simultaneously. This hasn't been an issue before for me. I've tried restarting the pc a couple times, updating the audio...
  10. Speaker recognized as headphones.

Speaker recognized as headphones.: Hello, this is my first but not last post. Happy NY, in between. *Smile I have bluetooth speaker Sony SRS-XB10 that is always recognized as headphones. I'm pissed off and I don't know what's problem and how can I fix it. Google didn't help! 101924