Windows 10: Win10 entered wrong net user name for active:yes, CMD accepted, now cannot login win

Discus and support Win10 entered wrong net user name for active:yes, CMD accepted, now cannot login win in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi MS, I was learning to change the domain file name into the new user name i i ve changed. Only 1 user account which is also the administrator.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DXL_77, Jun 5, 2020.

1. DXL_77 Win User

Win10 entered wrong net user name for active:yes, CMD accepted, now cannot login win

Hi MS,

I was learning to change the domain file name into the new user name i i ve changed.

Only 1 user account which is also the administrator.

Old user name: jasen

New user nameWin10 entered wrong net user name for active:yes, CMD accepted, now cannot login win :DDC designer change completed same password

When in cmd prompt, instead of entering

'Net user administrator active yes'

I wrongfully entered 'net user jasen active yes' and it accepted. I logged out windows. Then cannot log back in again with the same user and password.

Please help.

:)

DXL_77, Jun 5, 2020

2. Login Page Name

Hi Jyrocopter,

You can make this change by doing the following:

- Open Command Prompt as administrator (search for cmd in start menu > right-click to select run as administrator)

- Enter: net user

- This will list users on your computer, you will want to use your username in next step

- Enter: net user <username from above> /fullname:"<Enter display name here>"

i.e net user testuser2 /fullname:"Test User"

Hope this helps,

Nathan

NathanT_06, Jun 5, 2020
  3. Properties>Security>Group or User Names panel - How do I enter a name in it?

Thank for providing us the information. We've already tried multiple troubleshooting steps and the same issue still persists. In this case, let's try to troubleshoot your issue by eliminating ghost login, follow the steps below:

• First, open netplwiz, then uncheck the box for Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer.
    • Then, on the pop-up window, click Cancel.
    • Make sure the box for Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer should be checked again.
    • Lastly, click OK.

These will help us to eliminate ghost login.

We look forward to your response.

Marvelos Reg, Jun 5, 2020
  4. Win10 entered wrong net user name for active:yes, CMD accepted, now cannot login win

wrong user at startup

Hi, I appreciate the continued suggestions as to how to delete the unwanted user,
    theco.

Note the screen shot following the net user command

Win10 entered wrong net user name for active:yes, CMD accepted, now cannot login win b942815d-1dcb-4722-b0de-a86e5cd35447.jpg

the user i wish to delete " theco " is not listed....what would be the next step.....

Thanks

DouglasCosentino, Jun 5, 2020
Thema:

Win10 entered wrong net user name for active:yes, CMD accepted, now cannot login win

1. Win10 entered wrong net user name for active:yes, CMD accepted, now cannot login win - Similar Threads - Win10 entered wrong

2. Entered wrong user name after updating version

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Entered wrong user name after updating version: Am using windows 10, system upgrade has done recently after updating system, I entered username wrong, I tried to open with password but now it's showing failed multiple attempts,now it's disabled,sign in from other login it is showing,i don't have backup for my data, will u...
  3. Entered wrong user name after updating version

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Entered wrong user name after updating version: Am using windows 10, system upgrade has done recently after updating system, I entered username wrong, I tried to open with password but now it's showing failed multiple attempts,now it's disabled,sign in from other login it is showing,i don't have backup for my data, will u...
  4. Entered wrong user name after updating version

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft Photos now makes user enter name of copy.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Photos now makes user enter name of copy.: Microsoft Photos, The new release makes me name the copy of the photo every time. This slows editing down considerably. How do I set it to automatically save the copy as:Example belowphoto458.jpg to photo458 2.jpg The previous version of software did this automatically.How do...
  6. Microsoft Photos now makes user enter name of copy.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Photos now makes user enter name of copy.: Microsoft Photos, The new release makes me name the copy of the photo every time. This slows editing down considerably. How do I set it to automatically save the copy as:Example belowphoto458.jpg to photo458 2.jpg The previous version of software did this automatically.How do...
  7. Microsoft Photos now makes user enter name of copy.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Wrong Activation code entered

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Wrong Activation code entered: I had 2 computers to install windows on, pc1 and pc2. I accidentally installed the activation code from pc2 on pc1. I thought if I activated pc1 with the correct code, it would remove the lock on the product key for pc2 and allow me to activate the product key for pc2. It did...
  9. PC Login showing wrong name and won't accept microsoft password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    PC Login showing wrong name and won't accept microsoft password: When starting my PC, the login screen shows a profile named "Thomas" with my profile picture. This is normally "Tj". It won't accept my windows password and can't do a system restore without it either. So I'm locked out of my PC. I have logged into another PC with my...
  10. User name folder and CMD user name incorrect.

in Windows 10 Customization
    User name folder and CMD user name incorrect.: Here is the issue. I might input wrong username years ago when I got my last laptop during registration. The wrong user name might sync to windows cloud or somewhere then I was never able to correct it. Even I change the user name manually by modifying the registry by logging...