Windows 10: Win10 errors-Win Programs will not open. Suggestions to troubleshoot

Discus and support Win10 errors-Win Programs will not open. Suggestions to troubleshoot in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am starting to get errors in these Win10 programs and I do not know how many more programs will not load. I have tried sfc/SCANNOW and the dism.exe... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by pran105336, Jun 19, 2024.

1. Win10 errors-Win Programs will not open. Suggestions to troubleshoot

I am starting to get errors in these Win10 programs and I do not know how many more programs will not load. I have tried sfc/SCANNOW and the dism.exe command prompt and nothing. I do not want to go back to a restore point or reinstall Windows. Any suggestions to troubleshoot to open these error prone Win10 programs and if I find more errors what should I do...Of course, life is too short, I would like to fix this quickly without spending hrs troublshooting. Thanks.C:\ProgramFiles\WindowsApp\NVIDIACorp.NVIDIAControlPanel_8.1.966.0_x64_56jybvy8a...\nvcplui.exe The parameter is incorrect C"\

:)

pran105336, Jun 19, 2024

2. Context Menu - Open With (Windows Suggested List)

OS: Windows 10 Pro x64 22H2 Diagram 'A' shows Windows' suggested programs Diagram 'B' shows the extended list I have been trying to edit the context menu's "Open with" list of Windows' suggested programs for the .mp3 extension. I'm not talking about the extended list, but rather the programs that first appear 'before' the "choose another app" option. If you look at Diagram 'A' you will see the preliminary list generated by Windows, this is the list I am looking to modify. I have an .mp3 editor named Goldwave that I use for editing audio files, however, I do not want to change the preliminary program Windows uses to open .mp3s. My .mp3s should remain assigned to Winamp Player. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Win10 errors-Win Programs will not open. Suggestions to troubleshoot 377543d1666238917t-context-menu-open-windows-suggested-list-.png

Win10 errors-Win Programs will not open. Suggestions to troubleshoot 377544d1666238917t-context-menu-open-windows-suggested-list-b.png

Bandit012345, Jun 19, 2024
  3. dalchina Win User
    Context Menu - Open With (Windows Suggested List)

Well.. have a look at this:
    Win10 errors-Win Programs will not open. Suggestions to troubleshoot 377575d1666287089t-context-menu-open-windows-suggested-list-gw-done.png
    I took a risk. I've set a System Restore point then installed Gold Wave. It was not present in that Open With list. I used the Default Programs Editor:
    Win10 errors-Win Programs will not open. Suggestions to troubleshoot 377576d1666287156t-context-menu-open-windows-suggested-list-gw1.jpg
    Did you click Save...? You should have seen:
    Win10 errors-Win Programs will not open. Suggestions to troubleshoot 377577d1666287188t-context-menu-open-windows-suggested-list-gw2.jpg
    Note: if you are running as a standard user you may need to run it as admin, if it doesn't offer a UAC prompt.
    Win10 errors-Win Programs will not open. Suggestions to troubleshoot 377578d1666287451t-context-menu-open-windows-suggested-list-1.jpg
    - opened via Open With as above.

dalchina, Jun 19, 2024
  4. Win10 errors-Win Programs will not open. Suggestions to troubleshoot

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Jun 19, 2024
Thema:

Win10 errors-Win Programs will not open. Suggestions to troubleshoot

1. Win10 errors-Win Programs will not open. Suggestions to troubleshoot - Similar Threads - Win10 errors Programs

2. Win10 errors-Win Programs will not open. Suggestions to troubleshoot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10 errors-Win Programs will not open. Suggestions to troubleshoot: I am starting to get errors in these Win10 programs and I do not know how many more programs will not load. I have tried sfc/SCANNOW and the dism.exe command prompt and nothing. I do not want to go back to a restore point or reinstall Windows. Any suggestions to troubleshoot...
  3. Win10 errors-Win Programs will not open. Suggestions to troubleshoot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 errors-Win Programs will not open. Suggestions to troubleshoot: I am starting to get errors in these Win10 programs and I do not know how many more programs will not load. I have tried sfc/SCANNOW and the dism.exe command prompt and nothing. I do not want to go back to a restore point or reinstall Windows. Any suggestions to troubleshoot...
  4. Unknown Win10 program errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown Win10 program errors: I open programs such as NVIDIA control panel and I get errors such as: C'\ProgramFiles\WindowsApps\NVIDIACorp.NVIDIAControlPanel_8.1.966.0_x64_56jybvy68s....nvplui.exe "the parameter is incorrect".....I get this kind of error with other programs. Has anyone seen this? I guess...
  5. Unknown Win10 program errors

Unknown Win10 program errors: I open programs such as NVIDIA control panel and I get errors such as: C'\ProgramFiles\WindowsApps\NVIDIACorp.NVIDIAControlPanel_8.1.966.0_x64_56jybvy68s....nvplui.exe "the parameter is incorrect".....I get this kind of error with other programs. Has anyone seen this? I guess...
  6. Unknown Win10 program errors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. win 7 program not opening

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    win 7 program not opening: I an getting this msg over and over. Can not open any program. {C:/ program files x86/movies toolbar/datamngr/apcrtldr.dll}. My laptop is running Windows 7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/win-7-program-not-opening/bf1bb81b-148c-4f64-ba7f-d0bd9aa43997
  8. Suggest a program

Suggest a program: Hi. I want a program like VPN software but different from them I now Windows has the ability to connect to a VPN with different protocols, but importing too many VPNs bothers me, especially when I want to connect to a Wi-Fi. For this reason, I am looking for a...
  9. Suggestion for audio troubleshooter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Suggestion for audio troubleshooter: Recently I had a problem with the audio output on my computer, and the troubleshooter couldn't solve it. It suggested that I reinstall the Realtek driver, which seemed to work for a short period sometimes, but then the problem returned. I seem to have found a better fix:...
  10. Program suggestions

Program suggestions: Hello, I am not too sure if this the correct sub-forum to post this in. I'm looking for more programs that are 'MUST HAVE' for Windows, I currently use CCleaner and Driver Booster, is their any program suggestions that you have? 18639