Windows 10: Win10 - Every application closes when "active"

Discus and support Win10 - Every application closes when "active" in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I have a very serious problem with Windows 10. Every application or window closes when I click on it (when the window is activated) It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LaChaiseDeJardinVerte, Sep 13, 2018.

1. Win10 - Every application closes when "active"

Hello,

I have a very serious problem with Windows 10.

Every application or window closes when I click on it (when the window is activated)

It also append whith the desktop. If I click on it, every icons disappears.

Same with taskbar, if I click on it, it disappear.

Application closes without any prompt, like when I kill the process with the task manager.

Sometimes it disappear right away, sometimes it takes 1 ~ 15 seconds.

I cannot open anything that have disappeared, and it does it with everything.

Photoshop, Steam, Discord, Chrome, Firefox, Explorer, Clover, Zbrush, ect...

All I can do is restart the computer and I will have some minutes or hours before the problem show again.

When the problem occur, ram isn't fully loaded, as processor HDD... The hardware seems to run normally.

I did ran Malwarebytes, CCleaner, or some other antiviruses : nothing

I did a scan with Sfc/scannow : nothing either

Specs are :

Windows 10 x64

Build : 1803

i7 4790k

GTX 1080ti

16Go ram

:)

LaChaiseDeJardinVerte, Sep 13, 2018
  2. wishihad Win User

Activation options for Win10 with instant clones

We have a secure (no internet access) lab environment setup to test and validate a VMWare VDI deployment of Win10 clients.

Our issue is activation of the Win10 clients as they require re-activation every time we logoff and back on because we are using instant clones.

Does anyone have any suggestions on the best way to resolve this? Here are the options we are considering and issues as we understand them:

• Setup a KMS server
      • Requires a Volume license, which is doable
      • Documentation says we must have a minimum of 25 hosts, we don' have that in our lab
    • Use our MSDN account
      • No support for Win10 KMS license
      • No support for MKS activation
    • Manually activate each time
      • Gonna spend a lot of time on the phone Win10 - Every application closes when "active" :(
      • Win10 has no grace period so machines are crippled w/o activation
    Anyone have a thought or suggestions? I'm hoping I missed something.

Thanks

wishihad, Sep 13, 2018
  3. user33331 Win User
    Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Sep 13, 2018
  4. Win10 - Every application closes when "active"

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Sep 13, 2018
Thema:

Win10 - Every application closes when "active"

1. Win10 - Every application closes when "active" - Similar Threads - Win10 Every application

2. Windows CMD opened application using START - application closes when CMD window closes.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows CMD opened application using START - application closes when CMD window closes.: In my environment I cannot do anything until I'm connected to my company's VPN. So, there are several apps that I don't want to start until I'm connected: Outlook, OneDrive and Teams. I created a simple BAT file that I execute after I am connected. I've been using this for...
  3. Application closes when Power supply is removed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Application closes when Power supply is removed: Hi All,We have recently deployed an application in our environment our environment is Windows 10, 2004 - Hardware Lenovo ThinkpadWhen the power supply is connected to the laptop the application loads when required.When the power supply is disconnected the application will...
  4. Application closes when Power supply is removed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Application closes when Power supply is removed: Hi All,We have recently deployed an application in our environment our environment is Windows 10, 2004 - Hardware Lenovo ThinkpadWhen the power supply is connected to the laptop the application loads when required.When the power supply is disconnected the application will...
  5. Application closes when Power supply is removed

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Application closing on its own every 72 hours

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Application closing on its own every 72 hours: Hello, Our company users windows 10 PC to run a radio dispatch console application. With out fail every 72 hours our application is closed by windows. No crash report no lock up or anything. It revieves a close message from windows for some reason. We have checked...
  7. Win10 Pro loses activation with every restart

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win10 Pro loses activation with every restart: This started a couple of months ago. I have a digital license, having upgraded from purchased copy of Win7 Pro. Does anyone have any idea how I can fix it so that I don't have to reactivate over and over. TIA...
  8. Close and Force Close application

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Close and Force Close application: I've been using mac my whole life but yesterday I got a Dell E7450. I like it and its got track-pad gestures like macOS, though they aren't as smooth and fluid, but I'm still trying to make it as similar to my macbook as i can. The main problem is closing an application. On...
  9. Update & Security Closes When Activated

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update & Security Closes When Activated: Greetings, first post, thank you for reading. When I activate the Update & Security from within Settings, the program IMMEDIATELY closes. I have gone into Services (As Administrator) and see the Windows Update is DISABLED. When I change the setting from DISABLED to...
  10. Windows closes every application open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows closes every application open: When I am in the middle of using any application this message will appear at random times, it just happens randomly and I have scanned my computer multiple times with anti-virus, can somebody please help? (and also when I press cancel, it also closes everything) [ATTACH]...