Windows 10: Win10 experience depends entirely on the device.

Discus and support Win10 experience depends entirely on the device. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a Surface Pro 1, i.e. a Signiature PC. Just pure windows etc. Just got ''done'' setting up a friend's new laptop. 4GB, came with Win10,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ksdixon, Jun 10, 2016.

1. ksdixon Win User

Win10 experience depends entirely on the device.

I have a Surface Pro 1, i.e. a Signiature PC. Just pure windows etc.

Just got ''done'' setting up a friend's new laptop. 4GB, came with Win10, typical HP machine up to the ears in bloatware out of the box etc. Made it use a Microsoft Account for log-in, no problems, outside of it being extra slow to boot to the log-in screen (extra long black screen after HP logo, followed by a Windows Update swirling dots screen, and finally the log-in screen).

Got it back into Windows, and ran netplwiz to turn-off having to input the MS Account password every time the laptop is booted. Restarted, and it has malfunctioned it's log-in details, showing both the normal account and the MS account, with the MS Account saying I'm using the wrong password to log in etc.

Got back into Windows again, and just decided to change back to a normal account, meaning the friend is losing out on all the benefits of syncing with the MS Account etc.

But honestly I can't be bothered with all the behavioural inconsistencies that these slapass cheap laptops provide, in relation to my signiature spec SPro1, which "just works", no matter what tweaks or changes I make to the default settings.

:)

ksdixon, Jun 10, 2016
  2. CraigB-IT Win User

The vmcompute service depends on the following service: wcifs. This service might not be installed.

Wow, ok. Windows 10, Performance & system failures, PC sure sounded like the right place...

I'll go post my question over on TechNet.

Thanks for the reply.

CraigB-IT, Jun 10, 2016
  3. Installation of Windows 10 - Pause restart for new PC Owner

I would like to keep the "first Install" "final boot" startup so that a recipient of the PC can experience the entire setup / startup. Is there a proper way to create a fresh install of Win10 and have it not perform the final boot? I have tried the PC
    Reset options but they do not provide a fresh install startup experience.

Any thoughts / guidance?

enjoy.

/cp

ChuckPen10, Jun 10, 2016
  4. Win10 experience depends entirely on the device.

switch back to the Microsoft ID and when you run netplwiz, enter the full e-mail address for the user name instead of just the username. I had a very similar thing happen to me a while back and that fixed it for me.

alphanumeric, Jun 10, 2016
Thema:

Win10 experience depends entirely on the device.

1. Win10 experience depends entirely on the device. - Similar Threads - Win10 experience depends

2. Stuck on Screen: Cortana Bugs Destroying My Entire WIndows 10 Experience

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck on Screen: Cortana Bugs Destroying My Entire WIndows 10 Experience: Windows 10 Pro Education v10.0.19044 Build 19044 with Cortana v3.2110.13603.0. 5x per day Cortana activates by itself sometimes when I am talking or coughing, etc., and often also when there is no noise at all or I am not in the room - I hear her talking from another room....
  3. Stuck on Screen: Cortana Bugs Destroying My Entire WIndows 10 Experience

in Cortana
    Stuck on Screen: Cortana Bugs Destroying My Entire WIndows 10 Experience: Windows 10 Pro Education v10.0.19044 Build 19044 with Cortana v3.2110.13603.0. 5x per day Cortana activates by itself sometimes when I am talking or coughing, etc., and often also when there is no noise at all or I am not in the room - I hear her talking from another room....
  4. Stuck on Screen: Cortana Bugs Destroying My Entire WIndows 10 Experience

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Camera entirely missing from Device Manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera entirely missing from Device Manager: For some odd event, my built-in camera driver is missing, I already tried troubleshooting but it isn't detected by troubleshooterDevices and Hardware, Microsoft Store apps, etc, I already tried command prompt health, restore, and status check but to no avail didn't work....
  6. [Urgent] Is there a program that can cast the entire Win10 desktop to Chromecast ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [Urgent] Is there a program that can cast the entire Win10 desktop to Chromecast ?: We tried using Chome to cast our screen, but it's a bit laggy. Any suggestions? Btw, all of our devices does not support Miracast, so we can only use Google cast. Any recommendations? P.S our network is okay. It's powerful enough, and each classroom has a Ruckus AC access...
  7. Win10 Cast to Device

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 Cast to Device: Does Win10 "Cast to Device" have a photo limit ? I can cast about 10 ok but not 38. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10-cast-to-device/78426196-9eeb-4583-9317-7e3f9a0dd459
  8. Vista/Neon/Win7 and Win10 experiment.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Vista/Neon/Win7 and Win10 experiment.: My main system, as some may already know, has a Win7/Win10 dual boot on seperate drives which work well together after resolving some minor hiccups.... I have an old test rig (Asus P5Q Deluxe, 4gb RAM....) that I have used to install Vista x64 ( absolute nightmare, but, I...
  9. windows depender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows depender: how can i resolve this problem..?[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_start-windows_10/windows-depender/65c947e1-4a69-470b-b792-490aaad2fe11
  10. Cross-device experience with Project Rome

in Windows 10 News
    Cross-device experience with Project Rome: Overview Today we live in a multi-device world, and the way we use them spans different platforms and form factors: We read the morning news on our tablets, check email during the morning commute on our phones and at work on our desktop PCs. And at night, we watch movies...