Windows 10: Win10 - explorer.exe crashes when extending display

Discus and support Win10 - explorer.exe crashes when extending display in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello guys! I've got a problem using my 2nd monitor on Windows 10. Whenever I set my display setting to "Extend these displays" my file explorer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TobseN, Jul 16, 2017.

1. TobseN Win User

Win10 - explorer.exe crashes when extending display

Hello guys!

I've got a problem using my 2nd monitor on Windows 10. Whenever I set my display setting to "Extend these displays" my file explorer starts to crash every second or two. Every other options works fine (screen #1 and #2, duplicate screen).
    I've got the latest graphics drivers and windows version.
    Here a link to my computer specs: http://speccy.piriform.com/results/O...pLGkfUL0TjzOr2

Has anyone an idea what could cause that kind of problem? I have not tried reinstalling Windows 10 yet - I really only want to do that if nothing else works.

Thank you in advance!

:)

TobseN, Jul 16, 2017
  2. Tinyspace Win User

Windows Explorer crashes randomly caused by ntdll.dll and windows.storage.dll

The "Classic Shell" Startbutton made these problems at my computer after update to win10.

After uninstalling there where no more crashes of the explorer.exe

Tinyspace, Jul 16, 2017
  3. kmgrafix Win User
    KB4038788 Blue Screen on awaking from Sleep

Verified. Does not crash if display setting is for only one monitor. Extended displays setting crashes consistently.

kmgrafix, Jul 16, 2017
Thema:

Win10 - explorer.exe crashes when extending display

1. Win10 - explorer.exe crashes when extending display - Similar Threads - Win10 explorer exe

2. When I right click on the exe file, explorer crashes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I right click on the exe file, explorer crashes.: When I right click on the exe file, explorer crashes. It is treated only if you transfer this exe file to the desktop and click on it there. After that, the error disappears for a while. What to do?error log in windows journal- System - Provider [ Name] Application Error -...
  3. When I right click on the exe file, explorer crashes.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I right click on the exe file, explorer crashes.: When I right click on the exe file, explorer crashes. It is treated only if you transfer this exe file to the desktop and click on it there. After that, the error disappears for a while. What to do?error log in windows journal- System - Provider [ Name] Application Error -...
  4. Extended Display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Extended Display: Recently when I had Windows 10, I was connecting my laptop to a docking station as well as my two monitors. Now since I did the Windows 11 update the monitors show as 'No Signal' and I am unable to get it connected. I have updated drivers, ensured Windows is up to date,...
  5. Explorer exe crashing when exiting several programs.

Explorer exe crashing when exiting several programs.: Did basic troubleshooting steps, sfc scannow etc nothing showed up.Was using startisback and custom themes, removed them still no fix.Event viewer showsFaulting application name: explorer.exe, version: 10.0.19041.1645, time stamp: 0x7c06cc0eFaulting module name: verifier.dll,...
  6. Explorer exe crashing when exiting several programs.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer exe crashing when exiting several programs.: Did basic troubleshooting steps, sfc scannow etc nothing showed up.Was using startisback and custom themes, removed them still no fix.Event viewer showsFaulting application name: explorer.exe, version: 10.0.19041.1645, time stamp: 0x7c06cc0eFaulting module name: verifier.dll,...
  7. Explorer exe crashing when exiting several programs.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Extended displays

Extended displays: i have a problem with extended displays. I used to could have my remote account running on two monitors while also haveing my laptop remain in its regular mode with all apps available. What changed...
  9. dwm.exe crashes on 19042.928 when screen is extended to other display

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    dwm.exe crashes on 19042.928 when screen is extended to other display: Hello,The following callstack in dwm.exe process causes a crash occurs several times, before you cannot extend the screen anymore # Child-SP RetAddr Call Site00 00000032`033feee0 00007ff8`eac0da1d KERNELBASE!RaiseException+0x6901 00000032`033fefc0 00007ff8`8a21463c...
  10. Extended display

in Windows 10 Customization
    Extended display: I use Win10's extended display to watch movies etc played on pc (shown on tv) but problem is that if I use full screen program which uses lower resolution than on desktop or reboot computer (normal or bsod reboots) or disable and enable extended display then stuff on desktop...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. display crashes when I extend displays