Windows 10: WIN10 failed installation: USB will not boot

Discus and support WIN10 failed installation: USB will not boot in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; WIN10 failed installation: USB will not boot and start goes to a corrupted Win 10 installation. Access to change PC bios and UEFI settings not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by williammclean3, Dec 4, 2018.

1. WIN10 failed installation: USB will not boot

WIN10 failed installation: USB will not boot and start goes to a corrupted Win 10 installation. Access to change PC bios and UEFI settings not available.

Dave M helped earlier,

:)

williammclean3, Dec 4, 2018
  2. ccatto Win User

Unable to Install Win10 on tablet using USB - Boot Fail?

Hello;

The resolution for me was to 'Disable Secure Boot'!

I thank everyone for the assistance.

Here is my original question:
    I'm unable to install the windows 10 tech preview. Any assistance is appreciated.

1. I downloaded the iso file from the windows page http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/preview-iso The english 64 bit version.
    2. Then used Rufus to create a bootable USB drive.
    3. Then set bios to use USB first
    4. Then when pc restarts the I get a bios looking error screen that states 'Boot Failed'

I'm using a 2 in 1 tablet HP Pavilion x2 K3N13UA#ABA with a keyboard. ( I've tried with and without the keyboard not sure if that matters )

When I restart the pc the usb shows the red light flickering as if it was reading but then it just boots as normal just boots into Win8.1. I also when the pc is on going to control panel then recovery options then chose the 3rd option which is to restart and boot from usb and then when I restart I get the Boot Failed message as shown below:

WIN10 failed installation: USB will not boot [​IMG]

Rufus: I've tried a few different combinations with rufus I've tried the MBR for Bios or UEFI comp combined with NTFS & Fat32. I've also tried the GFT for UEFI with FAT32.

Any suggestions on how to install windows 10 on a tablet using a USB

Thanks in advance;
    Catto

ccatto, Dec 4, 2018
  3. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Dec 4, 2018
  4. ccatto Win User

WIN10 failed installation: USB will not boot

Unable to Install Win10 on tablet using USB - Boot Fail?

the error message reads the boot drive failed.

ccatto, Dec 4, 2018
Thema:

WIN10 failed installation: USB will not boot

1. WIN10 failed installation: USB will not boot - Similar Threads - WIN10 failed installation

2. Win10 update fails with Win10/Win10 dual boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 update fails with Win10/Win10 dual boot: Hi,I have an HP Omen 17 laptop with a UEFI dual boot setup- Win10 Enterprise and Win10 Ent LTSC.The Win10 Enterprise is version 1909, and every attempt to update it to 21h0, 21h1 or 21H2 has failed. Error code 0x80242016.I've tried just about every trick in the book to fix...
  3. Win10 update fails with Win10/Win10 dual boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 update fails with Win10/Win10 dual boot: Hi,I have an HP Omen 17 laptop with a UEFI dual boot setup- Win10 Enterprise and Win10 Ent LTSC.The Win10 Enterprise is version 1909, and every attempt to update it to 21h0, 21h1 or 21H2 has failed. Error code 0x80242016.I've tried just about every trick in the book to fix...
  4. Win10 update fails with Win10/Win10 dual boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. win10 usb boot prob

win10 usb boot prob: scenario : 1 formatted hd 240gig ready to receive win10 from usb 1 usb flash drive with bona fida win10pro for installation problem: boots to the 'generic' windows window...then...nothing no messages...nothing just the annoying 'generic' windows window would love a...
  6. Trying to install Win10 on PC that can't boot from USB.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trying to install Win10 on PC that can't boot from USB.: I am trying to install a fresh copy of Windows 10. The PC does not have a BIOS option to use a USB device to boot from (I have the most current BIOS version). I downloaded the Windows Media Creation Tool (MediaCreationTool20H2) and it will only make a singe ISO image that is...
  7. Repair Win10 by booting it with a USB

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Repair Win10 by booting it with a USB: I fail to repair Win10 on my Lenovo ThinkPad by booting it with a USB. I ran "sfc /scannow /offbootdir=C:\ /offwindir=C:\windows", and the results show that "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations". After that, I clicked Startup Repair...
  8. Help, win10 installer won't boot from usb

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help, win10 installer won't boot from usb: Trying to boot a win 10 ver. 2004 (may 2020) installer from a USB and even tried booting from a DVD. It gets stuck before the installer opens, just a frozen screen with either the motherboard logo or the blue windows logo. Motherboard is Gigabyte GA-B85M-D3H ver. 2.0 I have...
  9. PC failing to boot on Win10.

PC failing to boot on Win10.: I changed my account name and password, now the pc cannot boot and prompt this error when attempting repair. "Automatic repair couldn't repair your PC" This also "Log file: D:\Recovery\WindowsRE\Winre.wim\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt Please assist in getting my Pc...
  10. Unable to Install Win10 on tablet using USB - Boot Fail?

Unable to Install Win10 on tablet using USB - Boot Fail?: Hello; The resolution for me was to 'Disable Secure Boot'! I thank everyone for the assistance. Here is my original question: I'm unable to install the windows 10 tech preview. Any assistance is appreciated. I downloaded the iso file from the windows page...