Windows 10: Win10 feature request: Correct date format for es-MX locale

Discus and support Win10 feature request: Correct date format for es-MX locale in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; For the es-MX locale the short date format in Win10 appears like: 25/dic./2019 (ie. months in lowercase and with an ending dot: ene. feb. mar.) It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Miguel Torres-Orozco, Jun 11, 2019.

1. Win10 feature request: Correct date format for es-MX locale

For the es-MX locale the short date format in Win10 appears like:

25/dic./2019 (ie. months in lowercase and with an ending dot: ene. feb. mar.)

It should be like in Win7

25/Dic/2019 (ie. months capitalized and WITHOUT an ending dot: Ene Feb Mar)

This issue is very annoying.

Thank you

:)

Miguel Torres-Orozco, Jun 11, 2019

2. Download cab files for Language Feature es-mx and en-us

Hello my specific need is activate Cortana at both es-MX and en-US, but I can't install Optional Features specific Speech and TextToSpeech

I had used lpksetup to add the both languages but I didn't get Optional Language Features. I had tryed using DISM /AddCabability but I get an error. If I use DISM /GetCapabilities I get a list of installed features but Speech and TextToSpeech features for
    es-MX and en-US are not listed. At somewhere I had read that I can Add the LangueageFeatures packages that I had listed before, but I don't know how to get this files.

I read the article, about the Installation section Offline is the method that I had tried. Windows Update does not work.

Marcelo César Augusto Torres Ortiz, Jun 11, 2019
  3. Kalimanne Win User
    Download cab files for Language Feature es-mx and en-us

Is there a solution for this?

Kalimanne, Jun 11, 2019
  4. Win10 feature request: Correct date format for es-MX locale

Download cab files for Language Feature es-mx and en-us

My Windows 10 can't download and install language features for en-us and es-mx. I found that I must add the next packages to the actual installation to can add the features:

Microsoft-Windows-LanguageFeatures-Basic-en-us-Package.cab

Microsoft-Windows-LanguageFeatures-Basic-es-mx-Package.cab

Microsoft-Windows-LanguageFeatures-Handwriting-en-us-Package.cab

Microsoft-Windows-LanguageFeatures-Handwriting-es-mx-Package.cab

Microsoft-Windows-LanguageFeatures-OCR-en-us-Package.cab

Microsoft-Windows-LanguageFeatures-OCR-es-mx-Package.cab

Microsoft-Windows-LanguageFeatures-Speech-en-us-Package.cab

Microsoft-Windows-LanguageFeatures-Speech-es-mx-Package.cab

Microsoft-Windows-LanguageFeatures-TextToSpeech-en-us-Package.cab

Microsoft-Windows-LanguageFeatures-TextToSpeech-es-mx-Package.cab

But I don't know how to find this files or where I can download.

Thanks for help.

Marcelo Torres

Marcelo César Augusto Torres Ortiz, Jun 11, 2019
Thema:

Win10 feature request: Correct date format for es-MX locale

1. Win10 feature request: Correct date format for es-MX locale - Similar Threads - Win10 feature request

2. date format

in Windows 10 Customization
    date format: Why don't I have the month/day/year option in the date format? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/date-format/a1b705b5-e73b-4fdf-b91d-d08f0b59f8a0
  3. Date format

Date format: Must include the date format dd/mm/yyyy in the Bangladesh regional setting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/date-format/4a639cd7-22d2-4de5-93e3-68066bc2d133
  4. Feature Request.

Feature Request.: I have an ultra-widescreen, when pressing Win key + Left right arrow , it will snap screen left or right ...can we also have a central snap that snaps a window to the center of the screen but keeps the window size to allow you to see a quarter of the desktop either side....
  5. Feature Request

Feature Request: This a very mundane feature request, but wanted to see if Microsoft would add a left handed checkmark to the character map. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/feature-request/c7da699a-b3ce-4f95-9d43-333db05a2ad0
  6. OneDrive local modification dates all the same date, different to the correct dates online

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive local modification dates all the same date, different to the correct dates online: All the modification dates on my local folders in OneDrive are the same recent date. This really messes with my workflow because I like to see where I have recently been. This is really fundamental. All the folders in OneDrive in the web browser have the correct date...
  7. WIN10 1809 reseting my date format dd/MM/YYYY every date

WIN10 1809 reseting my date format dd/MM/YYYY every date: I need to have date format in dd/MM/YYYY and currency in "$". It seems the only way I could get both is set my region to English (Australia). That work fine except the computer reset my date to d/MM/YYYY every day when I boot up my computer in the morning. That is very...
  8. Win10: Incorrect Date Format (only on Lock Screen) - SOLVED

Win10: Incorrect Date Format (only on Lock Screen) - SOLVED: I posted this issue November 21, 2018, and have just now discovered how to resolve it (albeit not happy about the workaround required!). I'm posting this update in the spirit of helping others experiencing the same problem. Note: It's possible that this issue is only...
  9. VBA Forms textbox Date format locale problem

in Microsoft Office and 365
    VBA Forms textbox Date format locale problem: I'm using Excel VBA and an MSForms Textbox, bound to a worksheet cell containing a UK fiscal year date value of 6th April of some year I simply want to display this date in a Forms Textbox, formatted in my locale style - dd/mm/yyyy OR dd mmm yyyy I can find no way to...
  10. Restrict User Locales for Date and Time Formats in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Restrict User Locales for Date and Time Formats in Windows: How to: Restrict User Locales for Date and Time Formats in Windows How to Restrict User Locales for Date and Time Formats in Windows The date and time formats for their account in Windows. If you like, you can restrict users to a specified list of user locales. Only...