Windows 10: Win10 - File Explorer "jumps" to top of folder

Discus and support Win10 - File Explorer "jumps" to top of folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Win10 - File Explorer "jumps" to top of folder I've been using Windows 10 since it came out in 2015 and this issue just started yesterday October 6,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RobertP1964, Oct 7, 2019.

1. Win10 - File Explorer "jumps" to top of folder

Win10 - File Explorer "jumps" to top of folder
    I've been using Windows 10 since it came out in 2015 and this issue just started yesterday October 6, 2019. I found an old thread concerning this issue but my current windows settings are the same as those recommended in that post .

When I open a file/folder from within File Explorer (where there are many files and folders) and scroll down and open a file in a new window, when I go back to the (Main) File Explorer it has gone back at the top of the folder. If I scroll back down the page to the file/folder I opened it's still highlighted and showing as chosen. This occurs no matter how far down in the folder I've scrolled.

As I mentioned I looked at all the previous solutions to this problem and checked my windows settings and they are already set to those recommendations.

Why is this just starting now after the last update and why has it not been fixed since it was an issue back in 2015?

:)

RobertP1964, Oct 7, 2019

2. Win10 - File Explorer "jumps" to top of folder

Also if running desktop slideshow, the folders will jump to top of page with each change of a photo. I stopped the slideshow and was able to complete my task in a folder without it jumping to the top. Microsoft........Listen up will you!

JohnBell_999, Oct 7, 2019
  3. JeffNC17 Win User

Unfortunately none of the proposed solutions on this page are relevant in my case. I'm not using a mouse, I'm only using the touch pad. Automatically changing the accent color has always been turned off. And my theme is the standard Windows theme.
    Nothing ever changes or rotates on my system. I'll be using my arrow up and down keys scrolling through a file folder, not even using the touch pad, and the scroll bar jumps up to the top. The selected file or folder is still selected but my view has jumped
    to the top.

JeffNC17, Oct 7, 2019
  4. DanDamage Win User

I disabled the feature and my explorer view promptly stopped jumping to the top, so i'd say this is the culprit in my case.

DanDamage, Oct 7, 2019
Thema:

1. Win10 - File Explorer "jumps" to top of folder - Similar Threads - Win10 File Explorer

2. windows explorer jumps to top

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows explorer jumps to top: This seems to be an ongoing problem. I have folder hierarchies of up to 20 main folders with over 30 sub-folders in some cases. The cursor jumps to the top on many occasions leading me to choose the wrong folders. I have done away with a slideshow, changed the background...
  3. windows explorer jumps to top

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows explorer jumps to top: This seems to be an ongoing problem. I have folder hierarchies of up to 20 main folders with over 30 sub-folders in some cases. The cursor jumps to the top on many occasions leading me to choose the wrong folders. I have done away with a slideshow, changed the background...
  4. windows explorer jumps to top

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do I stop File Explorer from "jumps" to top of folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I stop File Explorer from "jumps" to top of folder: How do I stop File Explorer from "jumps" to top of folder Please fix this bug. I have followed all of the instructions to turn off automatically pick an accent color". I have chosen a color and all is static. It still jumps to the top of the file explorer screen. This is an...
  6. Windows explorer jumping to top

Windows explorer jumping to top: When using windows explorer to search for a file, after a few seconds the screen will suddenly jump to the top, meaning I either then have navigate back to where I was or end up clicking on the wrong folder. Before you say anything: I don't have Automatically Pick and Accent...
  7. File Explorer Automatically Scrolls / Jumps to Top of Folder in Windows 10

File Explorer Automatically Scrolls / Jumps to Top of Folder in Windows 10: When I am browsing files and folders in File Explorer, The user is scrolling down in a folder/directory and suddenly File Explorer jumps or scrolls to the top of the folder automatically. It is frustrating if I am selecting multiple files/folders, renaming a file/folder, once...
  8. File explorer jumps to favourite folders or top of current folder tree

File explorer jumps to favourite folders or top of current folder tree: I have seen discussions on this over many years. In the past this issue used to be caused by personalisation settings for example, when background was set to slide show, or colour was set to pick accent colour from my background. In the past I have used those fixes and...
  9. Win Explorer - Cursor jumps to bottom or top of file

Win Explorer - Cursor jumps to bottom or top of file: When I open Win Explorer with the intention of searching/browsing my files, the cursor will jump to the bottom of the list of files within 10 seconds of opening Explorer. Also, if I enter a previously opened Explorer and if I am near the bottom, the cursor will often jump to...
  10. File Explorer keeps jumping to the top!

File Explorer keeps jumping to the top!: I have multiple files in many folder. Sometimes, when I am scrolling down (Details view with Preview) the list will jump back to the top....this is really annoying as I can have several pages to review file names before I get to the item I need. Before you ask, I do use...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 explorer keeps jumping to the top of the folder

2. 2020 windows 10 file explorer - scroll bar keeps jumping to top of folder files

3. windows 10 file explorer left folder window keeps jumping to the top

4. windows explorer jumps to top,
  5. windows exploerer jump to dir file,
  6. file name jumps in the top in windows 10,
  7. why does windows file explorer jump