Windows 10: Win10 File Explorer replacement

Discus and support Win10 File Explorer replacement in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Although due to some properties use this program, I want to ask tips on how fully replace it. Total Commander file manager is OK, but for example,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by bluenite, Mar 4, 2021.

1. bluenite Win User

Win10 File Explorer replacement

Although due to some properties use this program, I want to ask tips on how fully replace it.
    Total Commander file manager is OK, but for example, working with the home network is is unsatisfactory and complex. Needs a plugin for this(?). Or at least I can't operate me. Does anyone know something about some "combination" of those progs?
    Thank you in advance for tips
    Peter

:)

bluenite, Mar 4, 2021
  2. ltwally Win User

File Explorer > Open With replacement?

It seems like the simple "open with" dialog has gotten worse with every version of Windows since they invented it. I avoided Win8/8.1, but cannot avoid Win10... and this is a feature that I use regularly, and absolutely hate what MS has done with it in Win10.

I've already checked out Open With Enhanced and found it unsatisfactory, with its suggestions to download outside applications.

Does anyone have any suggestions for other replacements for Win10's File Explorer > Open With dialog?

Thanks

ltwally, Mar 4, 2021
  3. Berton Win User
    File Explorer > Open With replacement?

Unfortunately File Explorer on Win8 and later or Windows Explorer on Win7 and earlier is pretty much the core of Windows and can't be gotten rid of. One can install third-party file managers such as Total Commander and PowerDesk Pro [both are paid-for] or free ones such as FreeCommander that may server some purposes better. Total Commander and PowerDesk Pro can be useful as they have a built-in FTP feature useful for transferring files to a Web site, I've used it.

Berton, Mar 4, 2021
  4. Frick Win User

Windows Explorer Replacement?

I don't use Internet Explorer, I meant the thing where you can look at files etc. Hotkey Windows+E. Maybe it's the wrong name in english though. *Stick Out Tongue Win10 File Explorer replacement :p

Frick, Mar 4, 2021
Thema:

1. Win10 File Explorer replacement - Similar Threads - Win10 File Explorer

2. File Explorer Keeps Crashing Win10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Explorer Keeps Crashing Win10: This problem is very recent, but what seems to happen is that I can open file explorer, but then after about 30 second to a minute, if I try to open another file explorer window which I usually do a lot to transfer files from my PC to an external HDD, the system freezes for a...
  3. File Explorer Win10 "Not Responding"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Win10 "Not Responding": How can I resolve File Explorer Win10 that properly navigates and displays folders and files, but I get "Not Responding" when I select a .xlsx or .docx to launch the app with that file?...
  4. Replace hd and win10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Replace hd and win10: Acer 7551-7422 hard drive totally dead. They have never backed up the computer. The computer did upgrade quite a while back from Windows 7 home premium to Windows 10. I am installing a new ssd. I was told I needed to reinstall Win7 then do an upgrade but for some reason that...
  5. File Explorer does not replace image files

File Explorer does not replace image files: When I drag or paste an image into a folder it doesn't update. If I refresh it doesn't update. If I close and reopen File Explorer, the image remains unchanged. Even more with dds files. I'm not talking about anything but replacing 1 dds with another by any method. The only...
  6. File explorer in Win10

File explorer in Win10: When using the File explorer, how do I get the folders to remain on the top of the list when I sort the documents by date? Currently when I sort by date the latest document will be on the top while all the folders are right at the bottom....
  7. How to REPLACE Win 10 File Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to REPLACE Win 10 File Explorer: Hello all, my first post here, since it seems IMPOSSIBLE to google up anything useful about this question. I'm not exactly sure whether I'm in the correct subforum, but it did say "tweaks" which seems to fit. I can't help starting with a little rant, distasteful as it may...
  8. File Explorer > Open With replacement?

in Windows 10 Customization
    File Explorer > Open With replacement?: It seems like the simple "open with" dialog has gotten worse with every version of Windows since they invented it. I avoided Win8/8.1, but cannot avoid Win10... and this is a feature that I use regularly, and absolutely hate what MS has done with it in Win10. I've already...
  9. Looking for a File/Windows Explorer replacement

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Looking for a File/Windows Explorer replacement: I've been around since Windows 3.1 days and used the standard file/windows explorer, but getting frustrated by the limitations in Windows 10. Right now I have a mixed network, mainly Windows 7 Ultimate PCs plus a Windows 10 Home Laptop, plus a Linux Mint and a Linux based...
  10. Where is Win10 in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Support
    Where is Win10 in File Explorer?: In File Explorer under "This PC" I have WIN7 (C) under "Devices and Drives" but no mention of Win 10. Why? 30282