Windows 10: Win10 File explorer sub menus locks up explorer after latest update

Discus and support Win10 File explorer sub menus locks up explorer after latest update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; open file explorer>right click on a file>Submenu opens>explorer freezes ribbon is also never finishing parse. Anywhere to report? makes explorer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by coreyminion, Feb 16, 2020.

1. Win10 File explorer sub menus locks up explorer after latest update

open file explorer>right click on a file>Submenu opens>explorer freezes

ribbon is also never finishing parse.

Anywhere to report?

makes explorer essentially useless

:)

coreyminion, Feb 16, 2020
  2. Ralph Sta Win User

File explorer icon from taskbar dissappears while working on it

Hi,

To assist you with your concern, we suggest you pin the File Explorer from the Start Menu by following these steps:

• Click the Start Menu.
    • Right-click File Explorer.
    • Choose Pin to taskbar.

If you need further assistance, feel free to reply to this post.

Ralph Sta, Feb 16, 2020
  3. in file explorer i want to open only sub files

Hi Fred,

As you may already know, File Explorer is an application where we save our files and other important documents. Answering the following questions may help us in resolving the issue:

• Are you having an issue opening sub files?
    • Are you getting an error message or code when accessing the sub files?
    • Can you send us a screenshot of the issue?

Regards.

Darian Tab, Feb 16, 2020
  4. Frick Win User

Win10 File explorer sub menus locks up explorer after latest update

Windows Explorer Replacement?

I don't use Internet Explorer, I meant the thing where you can look at files etc. Hotkey Windows+E. Maybe it's the wrong name in english though. *Stick Out Tongue Win10 File explorer sub menus locks up explorer after latest update :p

Frick, Feb 16, 2020
Thema:

Win10 File explorer sub menus locks up explorer after latest update

1. Win10 File explorer sub menus locks up explorer after latest update - Similar Threads - Win10 File explorer

2. The File Explorer has no menus or options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The File Explorer has no menus or options: There appear to be thousands and thousands of websites where people are desperately trying to obtain a workable FIle Explorer for the unfortunate victims of Microsoft's Windows 11. The inquiries span two or three...
  3. The File Explorer has no menus or options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The File Explorer has no menus or options: There appear to be thousands and thousands of websites where people are desperately trying to obtain a workable FIle Explorer for the unfortunate victims of Microsoft's Windows 11. The inquiries span two or three...
  4. Win11 scrolling problem only in win explorer menus after latest update?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win11 scrolling problem only in win explorer menus after latest update?: Recently updated to win11 from win10,Latest updates as of today 10/7/2022.I have a strange scrolling problem I can't seem to find help with anywhere now.When opening windows explorer menus settings etc the scroll bar automatically scrolls to either the top or the bottom....
  5. Win11 scrolling problem only in win explorer menus after latest update?

Win11 scrolling problem only in win explorer menus after latest update?: Recently updated to win11 from win10,Latest updates as of today 10/7/2022.I have a strange scrolling problem I can't seem to find help with anywhere now.When opening windows explorer menus settings etc the scroll bar automatically scrolls to either the top or the bottom....
  6. File explorer not working after latest Windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer not working after latest Windows 11 update: After the latest Windows 11 update, windows explorer, home, shows three areas, quick access, favorites, recent. file related actions not working properly, like not able to remove from current area or to add to other area. quick access area vanished after made empty. Any...
  7. Windows File Explorer Freezes after opening sub folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows File Explorer Freezes after opening sub folders: I am posting this as a Solution, not a question. I have not seen this solution posted anywhere, so I wanted to get it out there for others to try. If you have issues with File Explorer freezing up when you drill down into sub-folders, try opening 'File Explorer Options'...
  8. Windows File Explorer Freezes after opening sub folders

Windows File Explorer Freezes after opening sub folders: I am posting this as a Solution, not a question. I have not seen this solution posted anywhere, so I wanted to get it out there for others to try. If you have issues with File Explorer freezing up when you drill down into sub-folders, try opening 'File Explorer Options'...
  9. Locking the file explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Locking the file explorer: I have a very large number of previously recovered files. My goal is to organize the files in groups to aid in collating them. I wish to modify the files by changing them by the categories displayed in the W10 file explorer. To do this I have created a third party macro to...
  10. File explorer in Win10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer in Win10: When using the File explorer, how do I get the folders to remain on the top of the list when I sort the documents by date? Currently when I sort by date the latest document will be on the top while all the folders are right at the bottom....