Windows 10: Win10 for Virtual Use

Discus and support Win10 for Virtual Use in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I build an MSI from my machine and used it to build a VM to learn on and not break my machine. Since updating my date and time, I now get an "Activate... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by CovidFired_2020, Mar 31, 2020.

1. Win10 for Virtual Use

I build an MSI from my machine and used it to build a VM to learn on and not break my machine. Since updating my date and time, I now get an "Activate Windows" message. Is there a way to use the same key or a cheaper alternative for VMs?

:)

CovidFired_2020, Mar 31, 2020
  2. timor2 Win User

virtualizing win10

I own single Windows 10 license.

The PC that is used with this Win10 license has been installed with 2 operating systems:

- the Win10

- Fedora Linux

Under Fedora Linux I would like to have VirtualBox instance of Windows10, to be used

occasionally _and_ under the Fedora. Since this means that only one instance of the

Win10 (i.e. the one I own) is used at any given time in the PC: Am I allowed to have the

Virtual Win10 too

It is just being virtualized so I guess I better check...

BR

Timo

timor2, Mar 31, 2020
  3. user33331 Win User
    Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Mar 31, 2020
  4. timor2 Win User

Win10 for Virtual Use

virtualizing win10

Hello,

Yes, this is a question about: "not two instances at the same time".

To my understanding I have a license that allows me to run an instance

in my machine. I am not running two instances at the same time, nor two

computer but one.

I want to clarify this because somehow your answer is not clear,

it is bit contradictory with what I am asking.

So the configuration is:

1 PC

Operating System #1 as Linux

Virtualization with VirtualBox: Windows 10 license as slave

Operating System #2 as Windows 10

This means that both are within the same computer. It also means that

I am only running at most one instance of Windows10 at any given time.

That "running" could then be Virtual-Win10 under Linux _or_ Real-Win10

as native.

And, there is no use for me to run Win10 inside Win10 that is just loosing performance.

So, does the licensing EULA ban me to run my copy of Win10 in this case too?

BR

Timo

timor2, Mar 31, 2020
Thema:

Win10 for Virtual Use

1. Win10 for Virtual Use - Similar Threads - Win10 Virtual

2. WIN10 Home - Installing as virtual machine on PC running WIN7 Pro

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    WIN10 Home - Installing as virtual machine on PC running WIN7 Pro: I have been following the thread entitled "Windows 7 - what should we do after January 2020" which was started by Windower7 in April 2019 and still going. Up until a week ago I had decided to keep WIN7 for a few more years. I had a new computer, custom built in October 2016,...
  3. installation of Win10 in a virtual machine

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    installation of Win10 in a virtual machine: I installed a licensed copy of Win 10 in a virtual machine and once I screwed it up beyond repair I deleted it and created another one. But when I went to activate it I wasn't able to because it was already assigned to another machine and I needed to call MS and spend 8...
  4. Virtual machine/drive WIN10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Virtual machine/drive WIN10: Can anyone tell me how to create a virtual drive in WIN10, been referred to Hyper-V file but does not exist on my system. I want to install older win versions on my computer....
  5. WIN10 Home - Installing as virtual machine on PC running WIN7 Pro

in Windows 10 Support
    WIN10 Home - Installing as virtual machine on PC running WIN7 Pro: I have been following the thread entitled "Windows 7 - what should we do after January 2020" which was started by Windower7 in April 2019 and still going. Up until a week ago I had decided to keep WIN7 for a few more years. I had a new computer, custom built in October 2016,...
  6. Win10 and virtual machines

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10 and virtual machines: Is windows 10 home able to run virtual machines like “vm ware player” or do i need the pro version? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10-and-virtual-machines/2508a1ce-c3aa-4ad1-89cd-4e9ec25144be
  7. Win10 Virtual Partition Disappear After Installing Canon G3010

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win10 Virtual Partition Disappear After Installing Canon G3010: Hello, I have been using Lenovo X1 Carbon running Win10 for one year. When the notebook was new, I made virtual partitions E: & F: from C: to put my current & older documents. Under E: is only a large folder named "My Documents" & F: is "Warehouse". These disappeared from...
  8. Win10 pro Build 1809 (17763.503) : Bluetooth SPP ( virtual COM) failure after running...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win10 pro Build 1809 (17763.503) : Bluetooth SPP ( virtual COM) failure after running...: I use windows 10 pro Build 1809 (17763.503) on Surface Pro 3. X64 After connecting to Bluetooth device with SSP profile , a virtual COM port is generate by windows. I wort an app by C# that open the port and sent data to TX every 200ms) I make sure all bytes are...
  9. Win10 Automatically reload workflow on virtual desktops after restart

Win10 Automatically reload workflow on virtual desktops after restart: G'day, Now that I have multiple virtual desktops set up for different workflows how do I save these so they re- load/ configure / split screen when I shutdown or restart. Is it possible, say, to install changes and restart but resume the virtual desktop configuration...
  10. How can I get rid of the annoying virtual keyboard in Win10?

How can I get rid of the annoying virtual keyboard in Win10?: since the windows 10 update, there's this annoying virtual keyboard that pops up wherever, from search bars to typing in apps.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-get-rid-of-the-annoying-virtual-keyboard/9dce81fb-52c1-4496-971f-c48b5ae83af4