Windows 10: Win10 free upgrade version

Discus and support Win10 free upgrade version in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After Win10 download, pc settings needs to be reset manually again. But Win10 is demanding to reactive Windows, What? Windows isn't Activated, pressed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by steveLoGiudice, Dec 12, 2020.

1. Win10 free upgrade version

After Win10 download, pc settings needs to be reset manually again. But Win10 is demanding to reactive Windows, What? Windows isn't Activated, pressed the button to activate - nothing happens?

>2nd question, after upgrading to win10, system is rejecting owner to enter Devise settings - Red-alert screen with C\WINDOWS\system32\mme.exe as the user?

:)

steveLoGiudice, Dec 12, 2020
  2. Ikaruga Win User

GeForce Hotfix driver 353.38 (Update: Win10 versions added)

https://forums.geforce.com/default/...vers/announcing-geforce-hotfix-driver-353-38/

Update: Windows 10 (international) versions below:
    Win10 - 64 bit desktop
    Win10 - 32 bit desktop
    Win10 - 64 bit notebook
    Win10 - 32 bit notebook

Ikaruga, Dec 12, 2020
  3. wee_ones Win User
    Win10 Anniversary upgrade

Hello - I'm trying to upgrade to the Win10 Anniversary on a client's laptop. The laptop previously had Symantec Endpoint Protection, but it was removed before the free upgrade was performed from win7 home edition. The copy of SEP was not compatible with
    the upgrade to Win10, but it was supposedly successfully removed.

Now the Anniversary upgrade stops and reports that it can't continue due to incompatibility with SEP. I've checked the startup, there's no SEP listed, there's no active SEP components listed under the task manager, and I'm unable to manually remove registry
    keys through the regedit program.

So: would it be possible to:

Roll back to the previous win edition, reinstall SEP, then remove SEP, and upgrade to Win10 again?

Manually edit the registry (assuming that I can find the offending key(s)) so the installation can complete?

I don't have access to the latest copy of clean wipe, so I'm not sure that would help.

Please provide any suggestions and thanks in advance

Bill

wee_ones, Dec 12, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

Win10 free upgrade version

Win 7 to Ultimate - upgrade still possible to Win10 ?

Upgrade to Windows 10 | Tutorials

- best read carefully...

and you will find

dalchina, Dec 12, 2020
Thema:

Win10 free upgrade version

1. Win10 free upgrade version - Similar Threads - Win10 free upgrade

2. Is Win8 upgraded to WIn10 free ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is Win8 upgraded to WIn10 free ?: Same as the question. 1 Do I need a new Win10 product key ? 2 Do I need to enter the old Win8 product key ? I don't know my Win8 key as it was bought many years ago. Thank you for answering....
  3. Is Win8 upgraded to WIn10 free ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is Win8 upgraded to WIn10 free ?: Same as the question. 1 Do I need a new Win10 product key ? 2 Do I need to enter the old Win8 product key ? I don't know my Win8 key as it was bought many years ago. Thank you for answering....
  4. Free upgrade from Win 7 to Win10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Free upgrade from Win 7 to Win10?: My partner has Windows 7 installed on her PC. It also has a nasty virus. I want to erase her hard drive and upgrade to Windows 10. I've read articles that indicate the upgrade is still free, if done through Windows updates. I can't find anything confirming that it's still...
  5. Free upgrade from Win 7 to Win10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Free upgrade from Win 7 to Win10?: My partner has Windows 7 installed on her PC. It also has a nasty virus. I want to erase her hard drive and upgrade to Windows 10. I've read articles that indicate the upgrade is still free, if done through Windows updates. I can't find anything confirming that it's still...
  6. Win8 purchased Win10 free upgrade Now Reinstall Win10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win8 purchased Win10 free upgrade Now Reinstall Win10: Originally, I purchased Windows 8 and installed it on my Mac with Parallels. After installing, Microsoft offered a free upgrade to Windows 10. I now want to remove Windows from Parallels and reinstall it using BootCamp. How can I do this? I do not have Windows 10 on disc or...
  7. Win10 free upgrade after reformatting

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win10 free upgrade after reformatting: EDIT: For future reference, when resetting (reformat) your windows 10 PC, you won't need to reinstall your OS. I'm not sure if its the same thing for when you completely wipe your PC though. [How to Reset Your Windows 10 PC] We've only bought the Win8 disk and got the Win...
  8. (clean) Win10 Free Upgrade: Multiple systems?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    (clean) Win10 Free Upgrade: Multiple systems?: We have ~40 Windows 8.1 Pro OEM workstations, which should qualify for the free upgrade to Windows 10. However, I do not wish to do an upgrade. I would much rather re-image their disks. (All user data is stored in roaming profiles, and we have software to automate...
  9. Buying instead of the Free Upgrade of Win10

in Windows 10 Support
    Buying instead of the Free Upgrade of Win10: How many folks are planning to buy the Win10 Pro version when it is released? I am going to buy a full copy when it is comes out. A year does not last very long and then we will need to buy it anyways. Hopefully MS will include a discount for us early buyers or for those...
  10. Question About Free Upgrade To Win10

in Windows 10 Support
    Question About Free Upgrade To Win10: I am confused about the one year free upgrade. Is it free as in upgrade for a year and it is yours to have forever? Or is it free for one year and then you have to pay even though you already upgraded? 5215