Windows 10: Win10 freezes at loading or desktop.

Discus and support Win10 freezes at loading or desktop. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, Windows 10 is freezing on my custom PC. It does boot to safe mode, though. I was able to do a little work on it there, but it didn't resolve the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Gryffin, Oct 24, 2018.

1. Gryffin Win User

Win10 freezes at loading or desktop.

Hi, Windows 10 is freezing on my custom PC. It does boot to safe mode, though. I was able to do a little work on it there, but it didn't resolve the issue. I checked my reliability report and found a few items. Here they are.

Adobe Acrobat DC

Windows Installer reconfigured the product. Product Name: Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. Product Version: 19.008.20074. Product Language: 1033. Manufacturer: Adobe Systems Incorporated. Reconfiguration success or error status: 1602.

--------------------------

Source

Windows

Summary

Hardware error

Date

‎10/‎14/‎2018 5:06 PM

Status

Not reported

Description

A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.

Problem signature

Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent

Code: ab

Parameter 1: 1

Parameter 2: 30

Parameter 3: 0

Parameter 4: 1

OS version: 10_0_17134

Service Pack: 0_0

Product: 768_1

OS Version: 10.0.17134.2.0.0.768.101

Locale ID: 1033

-----------------------------------------

10/24

The following file necessary for Windows startup was corrupt: e:\boot\resources\custom\bootres.dll

---------------------------------

Failed Windows Update

Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x80070643: Definition Update for Windows Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 (Definition 1.279.425.0).

----------------------------

Failed Windows Update

Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x80070643: Update for Windows Defender Antivirus antimalware platform - KB4052623 (Version 4.18.1810.5).

-------------------------

My hardware:

G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9S-4GBRL

COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO RR-212E-20PK-R2 Continuous Direct Contact 120mm Sleeve CPU Cooler Compatible with latest Intel 2011/1366/1155 and AMD FM1/FM2/AM3+

COUGAR RS-Series RS650 (CGR R-650) 650W ATX12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply

CPU INTEL|CORE I7 920 2.66G 45N R

MB EVGA 121-BL-E756-TR X58 RT

GeForce GTX 660 Ti

----------------

Anyone have any ideas? Do the reliability items give any clues to resolution? Thank you.

:)

Gryffin, Oct 24, 2018
  2. Stew_B Win User

Computer FREEZE at Desktop display

I have had similar experience. But mine is more random, and occurs when clicking the start menu. It will partially load then freeze the computer. The only way out is to hard shut down. THis happens randomly a number of times per day, and occassionally
    immediately again upon reboot. I have since done a recovery to 8.1 and all is well now. THe suggested steps did no good. THere is a bug in Win10. Probably should stop with the workaround suggestions and try to find/fix the issue.

Stew_B, Oct 24, 2018
  3. Ikaruga Win User
    GeForce Hotfix driver 353.38 (Update: Win10 versions added)

https://forums.geforce.com/default/...vers/announcing-geforce-hotfix-driver-353-38/

Update: Windows 10 (international) versions below:
    Win10 - 64 bit desktop
    Win10 - 32 bit desktop
    Win10 - 64 bit notebook
    Win10 - 32 bit notebook

Ikaruga, Oct 24, 2018
  4. Win10 freezes at loading or desktop.

Desktop freeze after log in

Hi Keith,

In order for us to find out what causes your desktop to freeze after logging in, we would like to gather more information:

• Did you make any recent changes on your computer prior to this issue?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • When the computer freezes, do you get an error message?

Regards.

Dennis Mop, Oct 24, 2018
Thema:

Win10 freezes at loading or desktop.

1. Win10 freezes at loading or desktop. - Similar Threads - Win10 freezes loading

2. My win10 somehow freeze after network reset, but still load into the desktop and everything...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My win10 somehow freeze after network reset, but still load into the desktop and everything...: Sol, since few days ago my laptop somehow would lose connection and when i try to find anything on the internet it would say DNS not responding. And i did find how to fix those with network reset, but unfortunately its not like a permanent fix and the problem would occur...
  3. My win10 somehow freeze after network reset, but still load into the desktop and everything...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My win10 somehow freeze after network reset, but still load into the desktop and everything...: Sol, since few days ago my laptop somehow would lose connection and when i try to find anything on the internet it would say DNS not responding. And i did find how to fix those with network reset, but unfortunately its not like a permanent fix and the problem would occur...
  4. My win10 somehow freeze after network reset, but still load into the desktop and everything...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Win10 loading ring freeze after few seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 loading ring freeze after few seconds: I couldn't find 1 answer for this in the community.... BUT!!.. I did repair it by defaulting the boot sequence incase anyone else runs into this. Kids will be kids... button mashers!...
  6. Win10 loading ring freeze after few seconds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10 loading ring freeze after few seconds: I couldn't find 1 answer for this in the community.... BUT!!.. I did repair it by defaulting the boot sequence incase anyone else runs into this. Kids will be kids... button mashers!...
  7. Win10 loading ring freeze after few seconds

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Computer freezes loading desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computer freezes loading desktop: Power on, get login screen, login and computer starts coming up with desktop display, and freezes before icons and apps load. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-freezes-loading-desktop/0c10a7c4-4a1c-49b2-9fca-83da8ee815ef
  9. win10 will not load

in Windows 10 Support
    win10 will not load: I have had no problems with win10 for 3 months, then 3 days ago I could not get to the start page, I can only go to "desktop" I can use some of the apps on the taskbar, but the internet is disconnected, but under "wifi" I am connected to the router? I was on the chat line...
  10. Slow loading desktop and freezing issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Slow loading desktop and freezing issues: So for the past month I been having issues with logging in my computer. It would load my desktop slowly or freeze if I leave it the I see the mouse with the loading icon and it will load for an hour. I try restarting multi times. I also went into safe mode and it loads fine I...