Windows 10: Win10 Freezing, no BSOD

Discus and support Win10 Freezing, no BSOD in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; For the last couple on months, my Win10 Pro has been freezing up if I leave it on overnight. There is no BSOD, just a frozen system. There are no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by twhedbee, Nov 5, 2018.

1. twhedbee Win User

Win10 Freezing, no BSOD

For the last couple on months, my Win10 Pro has been freezing up if I leave it on overnight. There is no BSOD, just a frozen system. There are no errors reported in the Reliability Monitor, and I can't find any hints in the Event Viewer logs. There are no crash dumps generated by WhoCrashed. To try to pin down, I have tried the following to no avail:
    Installed the latest graphics drivers.
    Tried an older graphics driver.
    Changed screen saver and turned it off.
    Logged myself out so only the lockscreen was visible.
    Used Tweaking.com Windows Repair to correct all errors.
    Probably some other things I've forgotten.
    I've uploaded the requested info file. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Tom

:)

twhedbee, Nov 5, 2018
  2. NetSurfer Win User

BSOD and freezing

Yesterday I started up my laptop from hibernating and it freezes, after restarting several times I get a BSOD which freezed on the BSOD one time.
    After restarting again the laptop freezed at the Welcome screen.
    I have had the freezing before, it was gone for about 2 months.
    I did not install any new hardware.
    Now it seems to run fine again.

But what is causing the freezing and the BSOD?
    I bought this laptop last January.

NetSurfer, Nov 5, 2018
  3. airbud7 Win User
    New Homebuild freezing and BSOD

So you are saying a PSU can never cause a computer to Freeze/BSOD...???

airbud7, Nov 5, 2018
  4. user33331 Win User

Win10 Freezing, no BSOD

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Nov 5, 2018
Thema:

Win10 Freezing, no BSOD

1. Win10 Freezing, no BSOD - Similar Threads - Win10 Freezing BSOD

2. Win10 Freezing, no BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win10 Freezing, no BSOD: For the last couple on months, my Win10 Pro has been freezing up if I leave it on overnight. There is no BSOD, just a frozen system. There are no errors reported in the Reliability Monitor, and I can't find any hints in the Event Viewer logs. There are no crash dumps...
  3. Win10 freezes at loading or desktop.

Win10 freezes at loading or desktop.: Hi, Windows 10 is freezing on my custom PC. It does boot to safe mode, though. I was able to do a little work on it there, but it didn't resolve the issue. I checked my reliability report and found a few items. Here they are. Adobe Acrobat DC Windows Installer reconfigured...
  4. Freezing and Stuttering PC (Win10)

Freezing and Stuttering PC (Win10): I recently added a water cooler to my pc and a few days later it started to at random moments. The first this I did was to check the CPU for any hardware conflicts and or error, nothing showed up on any of the reports. Next, I did a scan on the memory, again nothing unusual...
  5. Win10 freezing at random - no BSOD - frozen mouse - continued HDD activity

Win10 freezing at random - no BSOD - frozen mouse - continued HDD activity: I am struggling with a new issue in the past several months. No hardware changes to my machine. Win10 64bit freezes at random times. Sometimes in the middle of me working in a program (random), and other times, like this morning, when I logged in and left the room having...
  6. BSOD for Win10

BSOD for Win10: My system keeps getting BSOD, please help. https://1drv.ms/f/s!AhtQm7gR_UzKgQaP35zS2T2_QJE1 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/bsod-for-win10/6771c0c9-1415-4c38-b97a-c55d19c9077d
  7. Random Freezes/BSoDs?

Random Freezes/BSoDs?: Hello everyone. I have recently been receiving constant freezes (hard freezes, can't do anything, computer is still running but Gpu fans stop, monitor freezes, controls lock up, etc.) and BSoDs. To add some backstory, this just randomly started happening about 4 months after...
  8. BSOD Sometimes with Freezing

BSOD Sometimes with Freezing: Hello so this problem has been plaguing me since windows 8.1 I just assumed it was the OS and would be fixed with the upgrade to windows 10, I was wrong. It usually starts as my PC is very slow and sluggish and then it either A. BSOD with different codes each time. Or...
  9. Weird BSOD/freeze

Weird BSOD/freeze: Hello ladies/gentleman! *Smile Sadly (probably) I got hyped with the Windows 10 thingy and upgraded from Windows 8.1 Pro. Here comes the problem. After installing Windows 10, I experience weird freezes (like everything freezes, even sound) and sometimes (had them in...
  10. Freezing Glitch Win10 64

in Windows 10 Support
    Freezing Glitch Win10 64: Hello Win10 Forums, I am getting this problem where my screen is freezing every 1.5 seconds, for a second. And there are white zig-zag glitchy lines on the top of my screen. Can anyone please help me? 48155