Windows 10: Win10 fresh start "preparing loop" broken screen inquiry!

Discus and support Win10 fresh start "preparing loop" broken screen inquiry! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So... I began a fresh makeover of win10 on my wife's laptop. Just as it began to reboot after the initial process of clearing data and such, I tripped... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by VerugalaPeen, Jan 25, 2021.

1. Win10 fresh start "preparing loop" broken screen inquiry!

So... I began a fresh makeover of win10 on my wife's laptop. Just as it began to reboot after the initial process of clearing data and such, I tripped on the cord and pulled the laptop onto the floor, almost separating the screen hinges from the base. No screen. We'll, it's lit, but you know. So I grabbed an old cpu/tv connector. Connected fine and was able to see what's happening. It's an older laptop, which originally had win7. We took the free upgrade last March, to win10. After that install, I did manage to make a recover disk. So I have all the necessary "tools" so to speak. It's that when I go to force the machine into recovery mode, I'm thinking that the default is to only show data on the laptop screen, as a self preservation method. I tried the f4 key option to shift view, to no avail. It seems as if all that remains is for the back side of the process to complete downloading onto the machine and complete boot. Bit now I am flying blind. I have a few laptops which I could change out the screen, bit they are not hp. Our external monitor works fine, bit not for this exception. Any help? Is this a loss, or sre there other options?

Verugala

:)

VerugalaPeen, Jan 25, 2021
  2. philc43 Win User

HAL_INITIALIZATION_FAILED and Preparing Automatic Repair loop

Hello Les,

Have you checked other threads on these forums to see if there are any suggestions you can try.

Here's one to try: Windows 10 preparing automatic repair loop

philc43, Jan 25, 2021
  3. Preparing Automatic Repair loop

1) I created a USB boot disk via the Media Create Tool.

2) Powered on with that drive and it was indeed selected as boot. It blinked during startup but again went into loop. Similar to "Preparing Automatic Repair" loop except no such words. The loop now consists of just the Dell splash screen and a half circle
    of dots below. Repeats forever.

Have I missed something or done something incorrectly? Any other suggestions?

Thanks.

DanBernitt, Jan 25, 2021
  4. Win10 fresh start "preparing loop" broken screen inquiry!

Preparing Automatic Repair/Diagnosing Your PC Loop

Hi,

To resolve your concern with continuously looping your system, we suggest that you follow the Startup Repair steps below:

• Turn off your computer.
    • Turn on your computer. As soon as you see the Windows logo with the spinning dots, press and hold down the power button until your computer turns off. Do this process
      twice.
    • Turn on your computer for the third time, and let it load.
    • It should give you the message: Preparing Automatic Repair.
    • On the next screen that would appear, click on Advanced Options.
    • Select Troubleshoot.
    • Go to Advanced Options.
    • Click on Startup Repair.
    • Wait for the repair to finish.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Jan 25, 2021
Thema:

Win10 fresh start "preparing loop" broken screen inquiry!

1. Win10 fresh start "preparing loop" broken screen inquiry! - Similar Threads - Win10 fresh start

2. Automatic Repair Loop, Fresh Install Broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatic Repair Loop, Fresh Install Broken: Windows 11 machine. Following a windows update 2 days ago 9/15/23 computer is stuck in "preparing automatic repair" after BIOS, freezes as soon as it tries to load. It then restarts, boots and freezes after BIOS, but with only a frozen loading circle instead of the text....
  3. Automatic Repair Loop, Fresh Install Broken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automatic Repair Loop, Fresh Install Broken: Windows 11 machine. Following a windows update 2 days ago 9/15/23 computer is stuck in "preparing automatic repair" after BIOS, freezes as soon as it tries to load. It then restarts, boots and freezes after BIOS, but with only a frozen loading circle instead of the text....
  4. Looped preparing automatic repair and choose an option screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Looped preparing automatic repair and choose an option screen: Whenever i boot up windows, my lenovo laptop displays prepairing automatic repair and after that it tells me to choose an option. I tried safe mode, which didnt appear to do anything and only brought me back to this same loop. I thought that there was an issue with one of the...
  5. re: Fresh Start Win10 on refurbished PC

re: Fresh Start Win10 on refurbished PC: Hi I was going to do the Fresh Start on a refurbished PC with Win10 this but then I noticed something on the Control Panel. Comments are after the images: [img] On the Control Panel it says Windows 7 as indicated by the arrow. Clicking on that then it shows in the 2nd...
  6. re: Fresh Start Win10 on refurbished PC

in Windows 10 Support
    re: Fresh Start Win10 on refurbished PC: Hi I was going to do the Fresh Start on a refurbished PC with Win10 this but then I noticed something on the Control Panel. Comments are after the images: [img] On the Control Panel it says Windows 7 as indicated by the arrow. Clicking on that then it shows in the 2nd...
  7. Win10 Reet this PC or fresh start question

Win10 Reet this PC or fresh start question: What does 'keep personal file, settings and apps' mean? To be more specific - I'd like to reset my pc. Fully. But would like the previous installation to be moved to the windows.old folder, so that I can hand-pick files to move to the new installation. Does either Fresh...
  8. WIN10 start screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    WIN10 start screen: when I start my laptop everyday I seem to get a different picture before my sign in screen shows up. Is there a way of disabling this constant change of pictures and can I simply select a constant picture to show up every time I start my laptop?...
  9. black screen 'preparing automatic repair' stuck in loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    black screen 'preparing automatic repair' stuck in loop: The machine has been in this loop all morning a blue screen comes up and states: go to www.windows.com/stopcode provide stop code: DRIVER_PNP_WATCHDOG any solutions out there? Thanks...
  10. re fresh win10 start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    re fresh win10 start menu: My start menu stopped working but strangely enough it did not take out the store,search or settings. I tooled around trying to deal with Tile Data Layer stopped State Repository Service deleted the folder did nto seem to help so I used a reset win10 update bat and it fired it...