Windows 10: Win10: Game controller prevents screen saver

Discus and support Win10: Game controller prevents screen saver in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Problem description: https://superuser.com/questions/1638626/win10-game-controller-prevents-screen-saver... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Zohar_3, Apr 5, 2021.

1. Zohar_3 Win User

Win10: Game controller prevents screen saver

Zohar_3, Apr 5, 2021

2. screen saver

Hi Jack,

Thank you for using Windows10.

Let us know what happens exactly when you try to set the screen-saver or put the computer to sleep.

I would suggest you to review he settings and check. Here is the steps:

To change Screen Saver:

• Press Windows/Start key.
    • Type Screen Saver and click on Change Screen Saver.
    • Select the screensaver from the drop down menu and click on Apply.
    • Click on OK.
    To put the computer in sleep:

• Press Windows/Start key.
    • Type Power and click on Power Options.
    • Select Change when the computer sleeps in the left panel.
    Reply with the updated status for further help and we'll be glad to assist.

Navneet Anand, Apr 5, 2021
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Screen Saver/Desktop/Screen Saver

Hi Jim,

The issue you encountered with screen saver can be due to incorrect screen saver settings. To better isolate your concern, we'd like to ask the following:

• Have you tried changing the screen saver settings?
    • Are you trying to off the the screen saver?

Meanwhile, you can follow these steps to turn off your screen saver:

• Open Settings and Select Personalization.
    • Click Lock screen, scroll down and choose Screen saver settings.
    • Choose None in the drop-down menu.
    • Select Apply.
    • Click OK.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Apr 5, 2021
  4. wmcole Win User

windows 10 screen saver shortcut

Here is what I want: Same access / functionality as in Win 8.1. That is:

• Right-click empty desktop space.
    • Select "Personalize"
    • Get a window with the same screen saver options (turn on / off, select a "screen saver"...) that in Windows 10, Microsoft is forcing me to access through Control Panel -> Appearance and Personalization -> Personalization ->Change Screen Saver.
    The Windows 8.1 two-step process was a much more user-friendly "experience" than is the Windows 10 four-step process.

wmc

wmcole, Apr 5, 2021
Thema:

1. Win10: Game controller prevents screen saver - Similar Threads - Win10 Game controller

2. Win10 Screen Saver Shortcut Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 Screen Saver Shortcut Not Working: In windows\system32 I find bubbles.scr, right click and send shortcut to desktop. When I click the desktop short cut I get the windows popup asking which program I'd like to use to open the file. I've had a screensaver shortcut on the desktop for many years and just today it...
  3. Win10 Screen Saver Shortcut Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10 Screen Saver Shortcut Not Working: In windows\system32 I find bubbles.scr, right click and send shortcut to desktop. When I click the desktop short cut I get the windows popup asking which program I'd like to use to open the file. I've had a screensaver shortcut on the desktop for many years and just today it...
  4. Win10 Screen Saver Shortcut Not Working

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Win10 photos screen saver not working

Win10 photos screen saver not working: Hi. Since a time back, my photos screen saver does not work anymore. The preview works fine enough, but no screen saver ever starts after the time I set. I have NUCi3BEH with Win10 Pro 20H2 with all drivers updated, all Store updates and all Windows updates. I've tried...
  6. Override application preventing screen saver?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Override application preventing screen saver?: I'm using Replay Buffer in OBS Studio instead of Nvidia ShadowPlay and everything works except that Windows wont go to lock screen when the program is running. It makes sense when you just want to record something and then turn off the program but I'm not using it that way....
  7. Xbox controller on win10 not work in games.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox controller on win10 not work in games.: Hello. I bought a PowerA xbox usb controller to use on my win10 dell laptop. System sees controller and installed the driver, but doesn't work in games. I apologize for nube question....
  8. win10 screen saver and mouse pointer

in Windows 10 Support
    win10 screen saver and mouse pointer: hello, all those issues arrised since i moved to win10 on lenovo W520: 1. mouse pointer changes all by itself continuously, i reset it, everytime the laptop falls to lock screen i have to reset it. im showing a pic to what it falls back to 2. windows spot light is always...
  9. Win10 Game Controller input problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 Game Controller input problem: Today after i turned on my computer i found my game controller no longer working. The computer say it is connected and recognizes the device, but no inputs are registered, at all. I have tried to uninstall and install the drivers again, i have tried different USB ports and...
  10. Win10 Feature Updates alter Screen Saver Settings

Win10 Feature Updates alter Screen Saver Settings: Every Win10 feature update has changed screensaver settings: From: 3DText | Time | high large slow wobble To: 3DText | Windows 10 | all 4 settings changed If it were just one computer & 1 user it would not be an issue, but 5 computers with multiple users is an...