Windows 10: Win10 gets stuck asleep (sometimes)

Discus and support Win10 gets stuck asleep (sometimes) in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My recent PC build gets stuck in sleep occasionally, but not every time it goes to sleep. I've gone into device manager and fixed all the power... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by SG_Chauncer, Jul 8, 2019.

1. Win10 gets stuck asleep (sometimes)

My recent PC build gets stuck in sleep occasionally, but not every time it goes to sleep. I've gone into device manager and fixed all the power management settings for keyboards, mice, HID, etc.

Another oddity that may be related - I try to keep my power setting profile to 'Balanced' but Windows 10 reverts it back to 'Power Saver'

Any help would be appreciated. I'm tired of having to hard reboot this thing when it goes to sleep.

A little info on the build

Win10 Pro 64 bit

Ryzen 7 2700 clocked at 4.0 GHz (up from 3.70)

Wraith Prism CPU Cooler

Asus ROG STRIX B350-F motherboard

Samsung 860 EVO 500 GB SSD

Kingston SV300S37A 250 GB SSD (media storage)

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 3.0 GB

HyperX Predator DDR4 CL16 DIMM 16 GB

CoolMaster Q500L mATX Tower

EVGA 750W BQ+ Bronze Semi-Modular PSU

:)

SG_Chauncer, Jul 8, 2019
  2. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Jul 8, 2019
  3. Rose Ter Win User
    How to disable keyboard when laptop is asleep?

Hi,

In order for us to assist you regarding the issue on disabling your keyboard when your laptop is asleep. Kindly follow these steps:

• Open an elevated command prompt.
    • Type in the command below and press
      Enter
    powercfg -devicedisablewake "exact name of your keyboard"

For example, “Logitech HID-Compliant Keyboard”

• When finished, close the elevated command prompt.

Let us know how it goes.

Rose Ter, Jul 8, 2019
  4. user33331 Win User

Win10 gets stuck asleep (sometimes)

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

Hello
    Win10: Windows update is stuck at never ending loop ? ( Last Win10 updates in 2017 ). Can't update the laptop. Genuine Win10 on a HP 2015 17.3" laptop that originally had Win8. ( CPU:AMD A9, GPU:Radeon R5 ).

If I download this below file does it manually install the latest updates of Win10 (=2018 April Update) without losing any files currently on the machine ? ( Mainly paid Office 2013 )
    MediaCreationTool1803.exe
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

user33331, Jul 8, 2019
Thema:

Win10 gets stuck asleep (sometimes)

1. Win10 gets stuck asleep (sometimes) - Similar Threads - Win10 gets stuck

2. Win10 Upgrade to Pro Stuck at Getting things ready...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 Upgrade to Pro Stuck at Getting things ready...: I purchased my laptop with Windows 10 Home already installed. I recently purchased the upgrade to Pro through the Microsoft Store App. The install process has now been running for at least ten days straight (I removed all power settings to put the computer to sleep so that...
  3. Windows 10 falls asleep randomly, sometimes after a couple of hours of inactivity and...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 falls asleep randomly, sometimes after a couple of hours of inactivity and...: Similar questions have been asked before without any solution. So, BEFORE ANSWERING, please avoid any common ordinary answers and please note: 1) Windows is already updated to the latest version (1903). 2) All power saving settings are already checked. 3) Task scheduler...
  4. After the latest Win10 update, sometimes I get a black screen

After the latest Win10 update, sometimes I get a black screen: I get a black screen with a simple text box asking for a password. But none of the passwords I enter work. However, when I reboot, the normal login screen shows up. Why does this happen?...
  5. Win10 Mail sometimes notifies and sometimes doesn't of new email

in Browsers and Email
    Win10 Mail sometimes notifies and sometimes doesn't of new email: Does anyone have any idea why it might be the case that Mail, seemingly at random, sometimes notifies me and it sometimes doesn't of newly arrived emails. It doesn't seem to vary based on individual emails, but individual bootups. In other words, sometimes when I turn the...
  6. Sometimes i get low fps.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sometimes i get low fps.: So as the title says, sometimes I get low fps. Like the game is running fine (30fps) and bam! 20 fps and lower and i dont know whats causing it. I tried multiple games and its all the same. Drivers are updated. I have laptop with nvidia 740m, i7-4702mq and almost 12 gb of...
  7. sometimes i get disconnected (ethernet)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    sometimes i get disconnected (ethernet): its been happening from time to time without warning. at first iam thinking its from a program or other.. whats causing this? -one would think just because I have performance pro -"Comcast" you'd think I have great connection, not. what I do is bring up cmd, and do...
  8. Win10 upgrade keeps getting stuck at 86%

Win10 upgrade keeps getting stuck at 86%: Hi all, trying to upgrade my desktop (self-built) from Win7 to Win10 but it keeps getting stuck at 86% (configuring settings 46%). Since at that point there is no task manager or anything and my system has no hdd activity light it's hard to tell if anything is still...
  9. My computer is asleep.

in Windows 10 Support
    My computer is asleep.: I put windows 10 to sleep and can't wake it up! I can't find where anyone has found a solution. What can I do? I can't use my computer! 36343
  10. Win10 with new SSD freezing hard sometimes

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 with new SSD freezing hard sometimes: I decided to upgrade my computer with a SSD (Samsung 850 Evo 250GB) to speed things up a bit. I did this when I upgraded from win7 to win10. I wanted my computer clean and "new" which meant that after the initial upgrade I removed everything from the old hardware and...