Windows 10: Win10 Hardware Upgrade

Discus and support Win10 Hardware Upgrade in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I intend to upgrade my pc and I am worried that my drive will be hardlocked due to it. I intend to upgrade the motherboard, CPU, GPU, PSU, and RAM. My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Whovian1918, Jan 24, 2021.

1. Win10 Hardware Upgrade

I intend to upgrade my pc and I am worried that my drive will be hardlocked due to it. I intend to upgrade the motherboard, CPU, GPU, PSU, and RAM. My upgrade will be AMD to AMD rather than Intel to AMD or vice versa. I currently do not have an active version of Windows and was wondering that since this will be such a massive change in hardware, would a system image be the best course of action to prevent any loss of important data or is a drive hardlock even going to occur?

:)

Whovian1918, Jan 24, 2021
  2. lse123 Win User

is hardware OK (Win 7) for upgrade to windows 10

I think in one of the other PC with win 7 or win 8.1 I run media creators tools and in some step prompt/found graphics card not supported... for win 10. I didn't found alone reading specs of win 10, but the tool says me... after changed graphics card the tool said all OK and continued OK with upgrade... That I ask to reach this step in this current PC - win 7 - must be all OK for the upgrade? Or must continue to upgrade to show this?
    and got to point

• UPGRADE this PC now
    • Create media(DVD, USB stick, ISO)
    is hardware OK (Win 7) for an upgrade to windows 10 for this PC???

lse123, Jan 24, 2021
  3. red454 Win User
    Activation after new hardware upgrades?

Right - my point was to see what would happen if I tried the OS from one system on a totally different motherboard, and it went better than I expected, other than the activation - which I expected. I did chat with a Microsoft rep today online and he confirmed that after the hardware upgrade on a free Win10 upgrade that they (Mircosoft) will have to remote access my system to verify the proper key, etc. before they can reactivate it.

red454, Jan 24, 2021
  4. Win10 Hardware Upgrade

USB Tethering problem after win10 upgradation

Hi Senthil,

As a basic troubleshooting steps I suggest you to restart the phone and connect to the laptop. Also run the hardware troubleshooting steps and check the status as it
    is an automated tool which checks the hardware connected to the computer for any known issues and provides the details on how to fix them. Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar and press “Enter”.
    • In the “Troubleshooting” window, click on “View All” on the left pane.
    • Click on “Hardware and Devices”.
    • Click on “Advanced” and then click on “Run as Administrator”.
    • Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.
    Let us know the status, we'll be glad to assist.

SujataMoktan, Jan 24, 2021
Thema:

Win10 Hardware Upgrade

1. Win10 Hardware Upgrade - Similar Threads - Win10 Hardware Upgrade

2. Upgrade Hardware--Lose Win10 Pro and Bitlocker?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrade Hardware--Lose Win10 Pro and Bitlocker?: I purchased Win 10 Pro with bitlocker for my current laptop. If I buy a new laptop with Win 11 Home will I have to upgrade again to get the full version of bitlocker? Cost?...
  3. Upgrade Hardware Lose Win10 Pro and Bitlocker?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade Hardware Lose Win10 Pro and Bitlocker?: I purchased Win 10 Pro with bitlocker for my current laptop. If I buy a new laptop with Win 11 Home will I have to upgrade again to get the full version of bitlocker? Cost?...
  4. hardware meets all requirements but cannot upgrade to Win10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    hardware meets all requirements but cannot upgrade to Win10: I've attempted to upgrade from Win7 to 10 but the process comes to a halt telling me that there is difficulty in determining if my system meets the requirements for 10 and that I should try running the upgrade again.I've looked at the requirements for 10 and my machine easily...
  5. Upgrading hardware

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrading hardware: I'm wanting to update my HDD to SSD and also increase ram too. I have no product key for windows anywhere and I can't afford to loose license. How to keep my windows safe and activated even after the change. It's not a pre-installed windows. It was updated to pro from home...
  6. Reinstalling Win10 after hardware upgrade

Reinstalling Win10 after hardware upgrade: I will be upgrading my PC with all new hardware and will have to reinstall Win10 in the process. I have Windows ready to install from a USB drive, and I just want to be sure that my personal (as opposed to my work) account is what I will need to activate Windows once it is...
  7. Win10 isn't activated after my hardware upgrade

Win10 isn't activated after my hardware upgrade: Hi everyone, I've gone through a hardware upgrade replacing my motherboard, CPU and RAM. This caused Windows to have trouble recognizing my license. I've used the troubleshoot assistant, but it couldn't help me out. My error code from the assistant: 0xC0EA000A I'm...
  8. Can't activate new hardware replacing activated, upgraded win10

Can't activate new hardware replacing activated, upgraded win10: My retail Win 8 pro went through upgrades to 8.1 and 10, and is/was fully activated and attached to my MS account. Changing the hardware, I can't reactivate, getting error c004c003. On using slui, and calling, I'm told I cannot activate the current product key -- that is...
  9. Upgrading Hardware

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Upgrading Hardware: My desktop has a Z97 PC Mate(MS-7850) motherboard, with a Intel(R) Pentium(R) G3258 @ 3.20GHz processor and 8 Gigs of ram. I want to up the computing power beyond two cores. I know the socket is LGA 1150 but what I don't know is the fastest processor the board itself can...
  10. Upgrading hardware

Upgrading hardware: I'm looking at getting a new cpu soon, with it I will need a new motherboard and ram too. How would I get windows 10 on to this? I assume it will not recognise my existing license.... or will it somehow update to work perfectly fine on the new hardware (yeah it's a long...