Windows 10: Win10 hasn't been able to update since last year, was doing a clean install from USB, now...

Discus and support Win10 hasn't been able to update since last year, was doing a clean install from USB, now... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi all, PC: Gigabyte p35v6 Laptop on Windows 1903 I finally got around to do a clean install on my PC as every time I'd try an update I'd get error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Pamperpull, Oct 16, 2020.

1. Win10 hasn't been able to update since last year, was doing a clean install from USB, now...

Hi all,

PC: Gigabyte p35v6 Laptop on Windows 1903

I finally got around to do a clean install on my PC as every time I'd try an update I'd get error 0xc0000005

Seeing no solution online, I got the time today to do a clean install. So I used Windows Media Creation tool to create a bootable USB, when I went to delete the partitions on my SSD I got a BSOD, but I can boot into my C drive just fine. I formatted the USB, reinstalled windows on it, now I can't even get in before it BSOD with the error Kmode exception not handled

I am afraid to update at this point, seeing as if my USB is crashing maybe I should just stick to 1903. Any suggestions?

submitted by /u/Pamperpull
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Pamperpull, Oct 16, 2020

2. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Oct 16, 2020
  3. Latest win10 Update 1803 cant install?

I am having a issue with this update,. I fallow the steps via windows update, DL the update, shows install. ask me to reboot pc. after reboot its start the update install pc reboot several times. On the last time, I get a message saying" Restoring windows to previous version". Then it takes me back to windows, and i get a message update could not be installed.
    In windows update-control panel it shows update waiting for reboot. i click on it and does same thing. after install it restore to previous version. what is going on?
    I have disable windows firewall for time being.
    specs
    Z97 Pro gamer MB 4790k @4.7 DDR3 2400 RAM Win10 x64 M.2 and SSD.

atanas dimitrov, Oct 16, 2020
  4. user33331 Win User

Win10 hasn't been able to update since last year, was doing a clean install from USB, now...

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Oct 16, 2020
Thema:

Win10 hasn't been able to update since last year, was doing a clean install from USB, now...

1. Win10 hasn't been able to update since last year, was doing a clean install from USB, now... - Similar Threads - Win10 hasn't been

2. Xbox App Hasn't Been Working For Over A Year

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Xbox App Hasn't Been Working For Over A Year: When I open the Xbox App, it's stuck on the black screen and pulsing logo. The only way I've managed to get to the home screen is by right-clicking on the tray icon and clicking 'redeem code'. I am not signed in to the app when it opens, and am unable to sign in. Clicking on...
  3. Laptop hasn't been used in over a year, Last Late May 2021 But the laptop wont update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop hasn't been used in over a year, Last Late May 2021 But the laptop wont update: I haven't used my laptop since last May 28th of 2021. Since then i pulled my laptop since i decided to use it again. Now it wont update the updates i need and they're all stuck pending Please help as i dont know what to do....
  4. Laptop hasn't been used in over a year, Last Late May 2021 But the laptop wont update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop hasn't been used in over a year, Last Late May 2021 But the laptop wont update: I haven't used my laptop since last May 28th of 2021. Since then i pulled my laptop since i decided to use it again. Now it wont update the updates i need and they're all stuck pending Please help as i dont know what to do....
  5. Laptop hasn't been used in over a year, Last Late May 2021 But the laptop wont update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Windows 10 hasn't been able to install an update for months

Windows 10 hasn't been able to install an update for months: So this has been going on for more than a year now. My HP 360 its pretty old on windows 10 has been trying to install this update forever, but everytime it tells me that it wasnt able to install it sucessfully and then it proceeds to delete what it downloaded. Is there any...
  7. Computer hasn't been the same since 2004 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer hasn't been the same since 2004 update: After days of pestering by windows, I finally installed the 2004 update. The next morning, when I switched on my PC, it was slower than it had ever previously been. Under the recovery options page in settings, I clicked "Go back to the previous version of Windows 10"....
  8. Intel 10900kf PC hasn't worked been able to display graphics since instaling Intel Rapid...

Intel 10900kf PC hasn't worked been able to display graphics since instaling Intel Rapid...: Hi, I finished building the PC, everything was going great, and then I went to install the correct drivers for my motherboard, the Z490-A Pro. I saw the Intel Rapid Storage Technology was one of the 6 drivers recommended, so I went with it. It went to restart my computer, and...
  9. Since December, last year, I haven't been able to update windows beyond 1903. It's driving...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Since December, last year, I haven't been able to update windows beyond 1903. It's driving...: every time i start an update, it downloads, while installing it gets stuck 20%and then jumps to 100% saying that it failed with the following error message: 2020-04 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1903 for x64-based Systems (KB4549951) - Error 0x800f0831 OR...
  10. Laptop hasn't been able to update for almost 2 years

Laptop hasn't been able to update for almost 2 years: Help please I'm on a GE72 Apache Pro. Every time I try to update, everything works can download and install it UNTIL it reboots. It gets stuck on the MSI logo. From there, the only thing I can do is restart the laptop with the power button, which undos the update and brings...