Windows 10: win10 Headphones not playing sound correctly, distortion and echoes

Discus and support win10 Headphones not playing sound correctly, distortion and echoes in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Whenever I play any audio on headphones, the sound is distorted and echoes. Specifically, instrumental music often echoes, as if the computer is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RenC132, Apr 24, 2020.

1. RenC132 Win User

win10 Headphones not playing sound correctly, distortion and echoes

Whenever I play any audio on headphones, the sound is distorted and echoes. Specifically, instrumental music often echoes, as if the computer is simulating audio in a cave. Some instruments are also muted. Any voices are either muted, distorted like a bad connection on a phone call, or made much quieter, as if they were talking or singing on the other side of the cave. Stereo sound testing plays both the left and right channel on both sides of my headphones.

These issues disappear when I set the left-right balance slider all the way to the right or the left in Realtek HD Audio manager or Windows sound settings. But this causes my external and inbuilt speakers to only play sound on one speaker.

Audio plays correctly on both the inbuilt laptop speakers as well as external speakers.

I've tried reinstalling all the drivers, disabling audio enhancements.The headphones are working fine as I've tested it with my mobile phone.

:)

RenC132, Apr 24, 2020
  2. yahanna Win User

Sound Distortion w/ BT Headphones When I Move BT Mouse -- Help

I got a BT dongle. When I listen to music through BT headphones and move my mouse at the same time I hear distortion. When I dont move my mouse theres no distortion.

I got Realtek installed and its drivers updated. Thare are 2 options in the MS sound panel for headphones. One for BT headphones stereo and an other for BT non-stereo headphones. I enabled the one for stereo because it sounds better. But I hear distortion with the BT mouse. When I switch to the BT non-stereo option theres no distortion when I move my mouse but sound quality is bad.

What do you suggest to hear BT stereo perfectly with no distortion when I move my mouse?

yahanna, Apr 24, 2020
  3. Ryan Fra Win User
    Distorted Sound

Hi Zaki,

Distorted sound can be be produces if there is an issue with the hardware or software. Please answer the following questions for us to narrow down this concern:

• Is it affecting all music, videos, and online videos?
    • Which sound card is set to default? Realtek High Definition Audio or High Definition Audio Device? You will know it by typing
      "sound" on the search box and select Sound, under Playback, the default speaker should have a check.

Please run Playing Audio Troubleshooter by following these steps:

• Type "troubleshooting" on the search box.
    • Select Troubleshooting on the result.
    • Click View all.
    • Choose Playing Audio and follow the steps.

Looking forward to your reply.

Ryan Fra, Apr 24, 2020
  4. zyklon Win User

Distorted Sound

In the last couple of weeks I have upgraded my rig with a Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi Titanium, and all was well until on one particular day I began experiencing distorted sound while using my headphones.

My first hunch was that the headphones had gone bad. Not an hour later, the distortion had stopped completely and the sound was working perfectly. This has happened on other two occasions, but the distortion would eventually go away after some time.

Today, the same problem occurred on my speakers and so I realized that the source of the distortion were not my peripherals. So I'm guessing its a sound card issue...the problem is that the distortion happens so randomly and without any warning that I don't have any idea what to do about it. I should also point out that the distortion also disappears on a system reboot.

Any help and suggestions please?

zyklon, Apr 24, 2020
Thema:

1. win10 Headphones not playing sound correctly, distortion and echoes - Similar Threads - win10 Headphones playing

2. USB Headphone Audio doesn't play system sounds correctly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB Headphone Audio doesn't play system sounds correctly: For some reason if I use a USB pair of headphones the system sounds for Windows 10 sound glitchy and the first few microseconds of a sound effect gets cut off, and sometimes makes a static noise. Just about every other piece of sound (games, music, etc.) sound perfectly...
  3. Headphones not playing sound

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Headphones not playing sound: So i plugged in my new headphones into the audio jack and the audio is not working. I am using a dell 2in1 Chromebook. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headphones-not-playing-sound/1b2259f0-3526-4e71-928d-48f0e13edbbc
  4. Headphones not playing sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones not playing sound: So i plugged in my new headphones into the audio jack and the audio is not working. I am using a dell 2in1 Chromebook. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headphones-not-playing-sound/1b2259f0-3526-4e71-928d-48f0e13edbbc
  5. Headphones not playing sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Echoing sound with headphone mic

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Echoing sound with headphone mic: Hi. Does anyone know how to stop the sound from being tinny and echoing when recording using the camera app and a headphone mic set? I don't really understand what the sound settings do, so I might have set them wrong....
  7. echo sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    echo sound: Why dose the sound on my new dell G7 17 laptop have an echo? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/echo-sound/cd7930b9-e7ab-4e02-9a4e-682ac6644349
  8. Headphones distorted sound ''fix''

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphones distorted sound ''fix'': Ive been trying to fix my headphones not working correctly with my pc and couldnt find a solution anywhere so i thought id post this here. If your headphones doesnt work with your pc/makes a distorted sound like its underwater or something like that it might be because of...
  9. echo sound

echo sound: My laptop has distorted sound and an echo, iv'e tried uninstalling/reinstalling drivers witch has made enhancement tab disappear but i did try turning them off before drivers and it did not help....
  10. sound echo

sound echo: my laptop is replaying every sound around it as an echo, even with no mics or headphones attached, I tried and disabled my laptop mice and it stopped the echo , then I tried to disable speakers, and that stopped the echo too, but I need them both to work, what to do? I have...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 sound both headphones